Having an adverse reaction to life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: Having an adverse reaction to life.
(14-02-2013 05:59 PM)panterasr9 Wrote:  Sounds like you used to do drugs. I have been down the road of addiction it sucks you think it helps but it doesn't. When you come down all your problems are still there. If your not refering to drug use or alcohol abuse just ignore my post. Pm me if you are though.
I assume you were not talking to me.

I have never used drugs in my life.

For the record.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2013, 06:09 PM
No i was talking to the thread creator.
(14-02-2013 06:05 PM)Zat Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 05:59 PM)panterasr9 Wrote:  Sounds like you used to do drugs. I have been down the road of addiction it sucks you think it helps but it doesn't. When you come down all your problems are still there. If your not refering to drug use or alcohol abuse just ignore my post. Pm me if you are though.
I assume you were not talking to me.

I have never used drugs in my life.

For the record.
14-02-2013, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 06:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-02-2013 06:05 PM)Zat Wrote:  I have never used drugs in my life.

For the record.

Girly so wants to trip the shit out with you, old man. Evil_monster

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
14-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Hi Chris.
Depression is very subtle, gross, and very tricky......and yes, drugs may exacerbate the condition.

I suffered varying degrees of depression for many decades and the only good thing I found was that eventually it would pass.
When really messed up, and thinking I cant go on like this, one of the old anti depressants amitryptoline, got me reasonably back on track, as the bad side effects replaced the zomby like sensation of trying to relate to people/life and existential angst.Sounds paradoxical I know, but really bad depression can suck all the meaning out of life.

Some people like to have others around them but with me solitude was the go.

I believe anti depressants can help as an immediate buffer, as can a reasonable doctor, along with cognitive therapy, which has helped me and many others. Now it can be really hard to listen to anyone when quite depressed, and in my personal opinion you may have to think very hard as the condition by its nature can render you very unreceptive.

At times I had to try and tell myself things, that when feeling O.K. would be self explanatory.

Good luck and keep determined! Thumbsup
14-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Bemore,
Are you okay? Kinda worried about you.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF