Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest
(24-03-2014 11:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay guys... honest question. Have I ever been this deliberately vague, disingenuous, and dishonest when talking to any of you? If so, I'm sorry. I would hate myself if I ever portrayed myself and theists in this light. It's nauseating to see how theists "debate".

Facepalm

Come on KC, calling this farce a 'debate' doesn't do it justice; it's more akin to shitting on a piece of toast and calling it 'lunch'. The new chew toy here is completely out of his depth, and the most humorous part of all is how little he realizes that. He should be in the kiddy pool with water-wings and adult supervision, instead he's thrown himself out into the middle of the Pacific...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-03-2014, 11:39 AM
(24-03-2014 11:14 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Sorry, there was another thing I was going to say and forgot:

(24-03-2014 11:00 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  I can't give you a compelling reason to believe...that is not my job, My job is tell you of my experience, What God has done for me etc.

That is fair, so long as you recognize that it's fair for us to not inherently assume God exists. I'm not going to try and talk you out of your belief (that almost never works in either direction; it's a rather personal journey), but do realize that if you can't demonstrate God, then any position that doesn't involve in accepting God is at least as valid.

It's not for me to reveal God to you, God does that. But yes you are correct in other assertion can be at least just as valid...you are correct in your logic
24-03-2014, 11:40 AM
(24-03-2014 11:30 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:08 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  "My job is tell you of my experience, What God has done for me etc. If you choose to listen and accept it, your a bit more open that i previously precieved,"

That's a bit of an unfair statement. Listen and accepting doesn't make you more open. If anything it makes you more gullible. It can make you irresponsible.

We can listen all we want, but not accepting it doesn't make us close minded or unreasonable. I can tell you all day about how the Easter Bunny, no joke, came into my room, gave me chocolate eggs, and we played Gears of War till the crack of dawn. Don't accept it? Well I guess you're not as open as I perceived.

If you do accept it...then...yikes.

I don't get how every time God is mentioned, Things like leprechauns, the Easter bunny etc are brought into question...A If a someone spray painted a bunny and gave him a basket that would make him the Easter bunny lol How he played gears of war with you would mean that scientifically speaking he had evolved hands that would move like humans....Since all forms of scientific evidence negate a bunny having hands, and there is no bunny no where, nor any that claim that have hands...this alone would refute your claim. How then do you apply this too God, when there is no scientific evidence that refutes the claim and when billions of people have personal experiences with him, talk to him etc...this is an unfair connection, please give me a better comparison

I think you missed my point there. But lets go off that anyway. All forms of scientific evidence negate a bunny having hands, and there is no bunny nowhere, nor any that claim that have hands, refutes my claim.

1. It was sarcasm. I obviously didn't play gears of war with a bunny. And you didn't accept it, which means you're not as open as I perceived Big Grin

2. Magical egg rabbits and leprechauns come into play because they are about as real as any god, including yours.

3. Scientific evidence negates magic and supernatural phenomena. So...adios Yahweh.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
24-03-2014, 11:41 AM
(24-03-2014 10:42 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:37 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  *their beliefs.

*here to divide

*that's the point

So, you admit that your delusions rend families apart. And that you think that that's a Good Thing. Thus you and your religion are morally bankrupt.

MY delusions???

Your delusions. The fairy tales you believe in. Yes.

Quote: I thought i said it was the choice that divides?? i thought i said that..

The choice to embrace a delusion. Yes. What part of that do you fail to grasp.

Quote:.but we can go back and forth in this way or we can choose to have an actual conversation its up too you..

*to you

Oh, we've only just begun. An actual conversation, though, is that you would address the points I have raised (you called them "your objections to Gawd") -- HONESTLY -- like YOU SAID YOU WOULD IN YOUR OP.

Quote:..I'm not hear to keep arguing i would actual like to hear one of you guy's story for once

*here

*arguing. I...

*actually

We are not here to tell stories or to play into your confirmation bias of your strawman delusion that we disbelieve because of some perceived slight from another xtard. We know your con games well, and that is one of the first that novice apolotards like you try to pull out and throw at us. Do you really think we were born yesterday?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-03-2014, 11:42 AM
(24-03-2014 11:28 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:34 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  No I believe the old testament couldn't save anyone,

And so unravels your edifice.

"Save"? Define. Substantiate with evidence.

The ot-babble is/was purported to be the word of this purported "god". And you claim by fiat that this supposedly all-powerful, all-knowing "god" and its "word" were and are incapable of "saving anyone". Does your supposedly all-powerful, all-knowing, vengeful and jealous "god" know that you think this? I'm quite sure that "he" will be quite displeased when "he" finds out.

Quote:God had it in place but it was not the final fulfillment in his plan.

Had WHAT in place. Have you seen this "plan"? Did "he" show it to you when "he" supposedly "talked" to you? Why didn't you drag him onto Oprah to show the world instead of greedily keeping it all to yourself. You see, you failed to think this little con game through. And we have seen it a zillion times from a zillion other trolls just like you.

Quote: There have always been atrocities committed in the name of God,

Yes, and so you claim that this all-powerful "god" was and is powerless to stop such things.

Quote: The old testament Prophets were killed because they spoke out about Israel's rejection of God...That is no secret

Story-book figures in a fairy tale book. But if such things were true, then your "all-powerful gawd" could set it all right in the blink of an eye.

But then, as my GF always says at times like when I ask why they didn't just fly The Ring on eagles to Mt Doom, there would be no story.

The ot-babble is/was purported to be the word of this purported "god". And you claim by fiat that this supposedly all-powerful, all-knowing "god" and its "word" were and are incapable of "saving anyone". Does your supposedly all-powerful, all-knowing, vengeful and jealous "god" know that you think this? I'm quite sure that "he" will be quite displeased when "he" finds out. <---This would be true had he not fixed the problem sir. Christ came to fulfill the law this means the laws was in itself an incomplete laws until Christ's fulfillment, So yes he does know that i believe the OT law didn't suffice because he believe the same thing. What you deduce from that is your own deduction but what you can't say is God didn't "fix" the problem
24-03-2014, 11:44 AM
(24-03-2014 10:46 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:36 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Yes.

Faith = belief with no evidence. So, yes.

So All the people that have died/are dying....have done so with absolutely no evidence that God is real??

Non Sequitur. You don't even bother to allege that there is actually some sort of connection between dying and belief. No

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Side note- I'm having a pretty good time right now. This is the first debate I've been in on this forum.

I've got a meeting that starts in 15 minutes, and it goes on for 2 hours. Try not to let anything too exciting happen while I'm gone.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 2 users Like =jesse='s post
24-03-2014, 11:46 AM
(24-03-2014 11:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay guys... honest question. Have I ever been this deliberately vague, disingenuous, and dishonest when talking to any of you? If so, I'm sorry. I would hate myself if I ever portrayed myself and theists in this light. It's nauseating to see how theists "debate".

Facepalm

On his level? No, you're about as honest as they come.

That being said, I know that some people described some of your older responses in the Ask a Theist thread as "tap-dancing around the issue," but I think putting on tap-dancing shoes is the minimum requirement for theism. No, theists like Vin are stomping around in jackboots in the mud, splashing it over anyone else within their proximity, while imagining themselves as pretty ballerinas elegantly balancing on their tip-toes. No thank you, I say, I'll take my ticket to the tap-dancing show instead. Tap dancers are some talented BAMFs Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
24-03-2014, 11:47 AM
(24-03-2014 11:28 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:34 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  No I believe the old testament couldn't save anyone,

And so unravels your edifice.

"Save"? Define. Substantiate with evidence.

The ot-babble is/was purported to be the word of this purported "god". And you claim by fiat that this supposedly all-powerful, all-knowing "god" and its "word" were and are incapable of "saving anyone". Does your supposedly all-powerful, all-knowing, vengeful and jealous "god" know that you think this? I'm quite sure that "he" will be quite displeased when "he" finds out.

Quote:God had it in place but it was not the final fulfillment in his plan.

Had WHAT in place. Have you seen this "plan"? Did "he" show it to you when "he" supposedly "talked" to you? Why didn't you drag him onto Oprah to show the world instead of greedily keeping it all to yourself. You see, you failed to think this little con game through. And we have seen it a zillion times from a zillion other trolls just like you.

Quote: There have always been atrocities committed in the name of God,

Yes, and so you claim that this all-powerful "god" was and is powerless to stop such things.

Quote: The old testament Prophets were killed because they spoke out about Israel's rejection of God...That is no secret

Story-book figures in a fairy tale book. But if such things were true, then your "all-powerful gawd" could set it all right in the blink of an eye.

But then, as my GF always says at times like when I ask why they didn't just fly The Ring on eagles to Mt Doom, there would be no story.

I think this is funny....

Had WHAT in place. Have you seen this "plan"? Did "he" show it to you when "he" supposedly "talked" to you? Why didn't you drag him onto Oprah to show the world instead of greedily keeping it all to yourself. <---- If God exists and he lives within people, are you telling me there has never a spirited filled person on Oprah??? lol

You see, you failed to think this little con game through. And we have seen it a zillion times from a zillion other trolls just like you. <---Can you argue with arrogance and personal jabs??
24-03-2014, 11:47 AM
(24-03-2014 08:43 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  I have ran through a couple of these forums. Allow me to give a little bit of a background. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I am here to talk about objections to God. I Believe it's a false world to only stay amongst people like you and that think only like you, which is why I'm here. I've heard basic objections to God, mostly coming from misinterpreted scriptures or just flat out not wanting to have faith in the bible, whatever the case they were never honest about there reasoning. I will be completely honest with any of you, if you will do the same for me. It is easy to place someone under a microscope without the willingness to do the same for yourselves. Those that want to have an honest conversation and can place your views under the microscope fairly along with me, will get responses. Those that want to criticize, jab or throw insults I will choose to not respond. You may not like the response, but i will respond.

**** Remember This....There are no new questions under the sun, No new Ground-breaking pieces of evidence, That will somehow unearth Christianity and destroy it****

[Image: a8258717-fde2-4fde-953c-ea4427a627e6_zps...1395683217]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post