Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 12:04 PM
RE: Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest
(24-03-2014 11:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well I need to catch some sleep before I work tonight. Try not to kill the new chew toy too quickly.

FUCK no -- no sleep for you! You snooze, you LOSE! Laughat

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-03-2014, 12:05 PM
(24-03-2014 11:57 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:40 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  I think you missed my point there. But lets go off that anyway. All forms of scientific evidence negate a bunny having hands, and there is no bunny nowhere, nor any that claim that have hands, refutes my claim.

1. It was sarcasm. I obviously didn't play gears of war with a bunny. And you didn't accept it, which means you're not as open as I perceived Big Grin

2. Magical egg rabbits and leprechauns come into play because they are about as real as any god, including yours.

3. Scientific evidence negates magic and supernatural phenomena. So...adios Yahweh.

Does scientific evidence negate a creation of a cosmos??? <---Supernatural Phenomena, you forgot that one buddy...but adidos

Cosmos is supernatural? No...it isn't. The creation of it isn't either. Physics is not the study of what is supernatural and magical...no matter how amazing and mind blowing it may be.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 1 user Likes =jesse='s post
24-03-2014, 12:06 PM
You can't pull that denying the OT crap. Let's get this straight. Your god is immutable. He never changes. He was required to be holy in the OT. Is this your definition of holy? Note that Hebrews could not be owned as slaves, but acquired foreigners were bought and sold freely and considered property FOR LIFE (verse 46). Oh, by the way, more importantly there isn't any evidence for your god, and a mountain of evidence that the bible is worse than a fairy tale.

39 And if thy brother that dwelleth by thee be waxen poor, and be sold unto thee; thou shalt not compel him to serve as a bondservant:
40 But as an hired servant, and as a sojourner, he shall be with thee, and shall serve thee unto the year of jubile.
41 And then shall he depart from thee, both he and his children with him, and shall return unto his own family, and unto the possession of his fathers shall he return.
42 For they are my servants, which I brought forth out of the land of Egypt: they shall not be sold as bondmen.

44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
24-03-2014, 12:07 PM
(24-03-2014 11:55 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Come on KC, calling this farce a 'debate' doesn't do it justice; it's more akin to shitting on a piece of toast and calling it 'lunch'. The new chew toy here is completely out of his depth, and the most humorous part of all is how little he realizes that. He should be in the kiddy pool with water-wings and adult supervision, instead he's thrown himself out into the middle of the Pacific...

Gotta love the name calling, If it really wasn't a debate at all, then you would have never responded...if it was really just that low and so beneath you, you wouldn't have even wasted your time with the insults. But thank you

Look at the green number next to my name. That 149. That's called rep. I've accumulated it by being honest, clear, and concise in my interactions with atheists on this site.

Now, look at my name. See the green? That means I'm also the administrator of the site. I got this job by being fair and neutral with everyone.

The kicker? I'm a Christian.

Here's the deal. People call it like they see it. You're being insulted because in the few hours you've posted you've already established a level of dishonesty and nefarious logical fallacies that don't paint you as a pillar of honesty that you keep claiming you have.

You're vague. You move the goalposts. You cherry pick. etc etc etc The list goes on and on.

Any theist that comes here and has an honest and open dialog is treated with the utmost respect. Stick around long enough and they make you their leader (lol kidding guys Tongue)

Point is, you've earned your insults. Don't go kicking shit and get mad when someone calls you a "shit-kicker".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 11 users Like kingschosen's post
24-03-2014, 12:10 PM
24-03-2014, 12:12 PM
(24-03-2014 12:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:55 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Gotta love the name calling, If it really wasn't a debate at all, then you would have never responded...if it was really just that low and so beneath you, you wouldn't have even wasted your time with the insults. But thank you

Look at the green number next to my name. That 149. That's called rep. I've accumulated it by being honest, clear, and concise in my interactions with atheists on this site.

Now, look at my name. See the green? That means I'm also the administrator of the site. I got this job by being fair and neutral with everyone.

Here's the deal. People call it like they see it. You're being insulted because in the few hours you've posted you've already established a level of dishonesty and nefarious logical fallacies that don't paint you as a pillar of honesty that you keep claiming you have.

You're vague. You move the goalposts. You cherry pick. etc etc etc The list goes on and on.

Any theist that comes here and has an honest and open dialog is treated with the utmost respect. Stick around long enough and they make you their leader (lol kidding guys Tongue)

Point is, you've earned your insults. Don't go kicking shit and get mad when someone calls you a "shit-kicker".

HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH This all of course assumes you don't do what you just claimed....LOL
24-03-2014, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 12:24 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(24-03-2014 11:03 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:48 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  *you're

I'm

We certainly can dispute that you are actually experiencing what you CLAIM the experience you claim to experience actually represents.

If the sun suddenly shines on my head and heats up my hair, and I start running around frantically shouting "MY HAIR IS ON FIRE! MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!", everyone around me is perfectly within their right to dismiss me as a loon.

you can dispute it, and say it isn't true

There is a difference between disputing a claim and making a counter-claim. Learn it.

Quote: but that would require some evidence that God doesn't exist to say holistically that your dispute is true.

Ah, yet another attempt to shift your burden of proof. FAIL.

"holistically" -- I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Quote: If you don't believe it that's one thing, but to say I'm lying or I'm not telling the truth, you can't make that claim...That's just reality people.

To dispute your conclusion is yet another. That's the reality you are trying hard to deny here.

Quote:I can make the claim The holy spirit exists in my life, because its my life lol what you believe about my assertion is your belief, but it is that....you belief

*your belief

And what this is is our disbelief of your claim for lack of evidence.

And you still haven't described this event you claim you experienced, or why you conclude that it indicates some "supernatural" cause. Which is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. No surprise here.

(24-03-2014 11:06 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You seem to be confused as to what "empirical evidence" is.

The happenings in your life are not empirical evidence. They are anecdotal and are sufficient enough to create the faith that you need to believe. This is the basis of faith and the belief in God.

It certainly isn't empirical evidence which is evidence that can be tested and retested and proved. Empirical evidence has predictable outcomes when given certain parameters. Life experiences have infinite possibilities and changes that occur from person to person and cannot be repeated on a consistent basis given the same situation.

You are really, really confused.

Well lets make a true claim. The findings in my life, are MY evidences...they don't have to be yours...but they are mine...what you believe about those evidences is your belief

The word "evidences" is NOT a plural noun. But well done in outing yourself as a brainwashed apolotard. Tell me, is your "guru" WLC, Galloping Gish, Banana-man...?

(24-03-2014 11:07 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:54 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Is God?

your questions certainly assume they both exist

Only in your most delusional wishful-thinking-driven fantasies.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-03-2014, 12:15 PM
(24-03-2014 12:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:55 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Gotta love the name calling, If it really wasn't a debate at all, then you would have never responded...if it was really just that low and so beneath you, you wouldn't have even wasted your time with the insults. But thank you

I think that you should talk to Christians outside of this forum...WE are not objects...We actually are people, we have feelings, experiences etc. I know you hate us, but we don't hate you..I don't have any malice toward you my friend....but this has been very entertaining
24-03-2014, 12:18 PM
(24-03-2014 12:15 PM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 12:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Look at the green number next to my name. That 149. That's called rep. I've accumulated it by being honest, clear, and concise in my interactions with atheists on this site.

I think that you should talk to Christians outside of this forum...WE are not objects...We actually are people, we have feelings, experiences etc. I know you hate us, but we don't hate you..I don't have any malice toward you my friend....but this has been very entertaining

He has, and he doesn't like to.

He finds most Christians to be intolerable to be around.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
24-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Apparently, you can't read either.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post