Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest
(24-03-2014 12:15 PM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 12:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Look at the green number next to my name. That 149. That's called rep. I've accumulated it by being honest, clear, and concise in my interactions with atheists on this site.

Now, look at my name. See the green? That means I'm also the administrator of the site. I got this job by being fair and neutral with everyone.

The kicker? I'm a Christian.

Here's the deal. People call it like they see it. You're being insulted because in the few hours you've posted you've already established a level of dishonesty and nefarious logical fallacies that don't paint you as a pillar of honesty that you keep claiming you have.

You're vague. You move the goalposts. You cherry pick. etc etc etc The list goes on and on.

Any theist that comes here and has an honest and open dialog is treated with the utmost respect. Stick around long enough and they make you their leader (lol kidding guys Tongue)

Point is, you've earned your insults. Don't go kicking shit and get mad when someone calls you a "shit-kicker".

I think that you should talk to Christians outside of this forum...WE are not objects...We actually are people, we have feelings, experiences etc. I know you hate us, but we don't hate you..I don't have any malice toward you my friend....but this has been very entertaining

Ease up on the pity party hoss. Nobody hates you and nobody is hating on Christians. My mom and dad are Christians. I certainly don't hate them. You're debating on the internet. These things aren't known for their friendliness and politeness...on any topic.

You came to an atheist forum for an honest conversation. We asked you questions and gave our retorts to your responses. Get over it.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like =jesse='s post
24-03-2014, 12:20 PM
(24-03-2014 11:25 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Two topics you opened up A.) the reasoning for you leaving the christianity

What about it do you want to know?

(24-03-2014 11:25 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  B.) my favorite...the different authors and it lining up/not lining...If you put out that its not lining how because of the different authors, what is your conclusion of the other half of the story, when it does line??

I'm not sure what you're asking, exactly. Are you asking how I feel about different parts (if one is true, what about the other part), or what?

(24-03-2014 11:25 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  How do you explain the prophesy's that have been fulfilled??

What about the ones that haven't? What about prophesies made outside the Bible that have been fulfilled? This is basically just cherry picking.
24-03-2014, 12:21 PM
(24-03-2014 11:39 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:14 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Sorry, there was another thing I was going to say and forgot:

That is fair, so long as you recognize that it's fair for us to not inherently assume God exists. I'm not going to try and talk you out of your belief (that almost never works in either direction; it's a rather personal journey), but do realize that if you can't demonstrate God, then any position that doesn't involve in accepting God is at least as valid.

It's not for me to reveal God to you, God does that. But yes you are correct in other assertion can be at least just as valid...you are correct in your logic

Fair enough. This is probably where we agree to disagree.

Do you feel your position rests alone in faith, or is there something "proving" it to you?
24-03-2014, 12:25 PM
(24-03-2014 12:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:03 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  you can dispute it, and say it isn't true

There is a difference between disputing a claim and making a counter-claim. Learn it.

Quote: but that would require some evidence that God doesn't exist to say holistically that your dispute is true.

Ah, yet another attempt to shift your burden of proof. FAIL.

Quote: If you don't believe it that's one thing, but to say I'm lying or I'm not telling the truth, you can't make that claim...That's just reality people.

To dispute your conclusion is yet another. That's the reality you are trying hard to deny here.

Quote:I can make the claim The holy spirit exists in my life, because its my life lol what you believe about my assertion is your belief, but it is that....you belief

*your belief

And what this is is our disbelief of your claim for lack of evidence.

And you still haven't described this event you claim you experienced, or why you conclude that it indicates some "supernatural" cause. Which is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. No surprise here.

(24-03-2014 11:06 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Well lets make a true claim. The findings in my life, are MY evidences...they don't have to be yours...but they are mine...what you believe about those evidences is your belief

The word "evidences" is NOT a plural noun. But well done in outing yourself as a brainwashed apolotard. Tell me, is your "guru" WLC, Galloping Gish, Banana-man...?

Do you realize that every claim you have made about me being dishonest is in fact what you want to believe about me. It's not true. Just a label for you to put me in a box... I have answered your questions from our first interaction.....False confidence, will never get a person anywhere. If you can maintain that a belief that is formed with "no evidence" like the belief you have of me being dishonest, which is what you have perceived never mind if its true or not but because it is your perception that makes it true....That is not the case, my experience of God is centered on my experience with his spirit. This spirit Talks, it does its another person living inside of me that communicates with me....its just that simple....but it amazes me how you guys have no people skills, no rules, no barriers you won't go past. I wouldn't dare tell a Muslim there experience with God is false, because not only do i have people skills, I would never disregard someones experience, I don't know that person, I don't know what they have experienced...Look at who you are man, look at the things you have said too me, look at whats in your heart??? What kind of person is okay slandering people all day long?? Like do you ever look in the mirror at yourself, that's not okay, even if its on the internet, because I'm not mistaken there probably Christians that you can talk to face to face, if your not going to say all of these slanderous things to them in there face, why say it on the internet?? isn't it a little cowardly?? You don't want to be the type of person who is afraid to deal with things. You want to be the type of person who people respect....Respect, and People skills is how you get there sir. But it was nice talking to you
[+] 1 user Likes vin2890's post
24-03-2014, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 12:32 PM by Crulax.)
(24-03-2014 12:15 PM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 12:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Look at the green number next to my name. That 149. That's called rep. I've accumulated it by being honest, clear, and concise in my interactions with atheists on this site.

Now, look at my name. See the green? That means I'm also the administrator of the site. I got this job by being fair and neutral with everyone.

The kicker? I'm a Christian.

Here's the deal. People call it like they see it. You're being insulted because in the few hours you've posted you've already established a level of dishonesty and nefarious logical fallacies that don't paint you as a pillar of honesty that you keep claiming you have.

You're vague. You move the goalposts. You cherry pick. etc etc etc The list goes on and on.

Any theist that comes here and has an honest and open dialog is treated with the utmost respect. Stick around long enough and they make you their leader (lol kidding guys Tongue)

Point is, you've earned your insults. Don't go kicking shit and get mad when someone calls you a "shit-kicker".

I think that you should talk to Christians outside of this forum...WE are not objects...We actually are people, we have feelings, experiences etc. I know you hate us, but we don't hate you..I don't have any malice toward you my friend....but this has been very entertaining

Wow, you make a lot of assumptions here! I talk with Christians every day outside these forums in real life. You assume that this forum is here just for us atheist to sit around and bitch about Christians and your sky daddy? No we are actually people, we have feelings, experiences, hobbies and interests who would like having an actual intelligent conversation for once without religion being thrown into the mix. Hate you no, pity you yes!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
24-03-2014, 12:30 PM
(24-03-2014 11:10 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:55 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ORLY? What did "he" look like? What kind of car was "he" driving? How was "he"' dressed? Why didn't you drag him onto Oprah and have him do parlour tricks?

Why do you refuse to answer or even acknowledge my *honest* questions?

Good....You can't see God, I thought that was a given, but i have to state that as an obvious

Who is this "you"? Are you admitting that you didn't SEE this god-thing? Yes or no.

Quote:<---This also doesn't mean, you can't hear God, I'm sure there have been Christians on Oprah's shows that the holy spirit has used to speak. So he's probably spoke on Oprah before lol

[Image: 27075.gif]

Um Dodge FAIL. Did you PHYSICALLY HEAR this -- an external voice that caused your eardrums to vibrate in a meaningful way -- or was this "voice" just in your head.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Once again, as in all these debates, you wind up at the believer's personal experience of god's revelation. Hard wired in the believing brain, impenetrable to counter evidence and reason.
24-03-2014, 12:34 PM
(24-03-2014 11:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay guys... honest question. Have I ever been this deliberately vague, disingenuous, and dishonest when talking to any of you? If so, I'm sorry. I would hate myself if I ever portrayed myself and theists in this light. It's nauseating to see how theists "debate".

Facepalm

Well, in all honesty I have to look the other way when you start going on about Calvinism and determinism. Just so I don't pull a muscle rolling my eyes.

But you don't get into that very much anyway....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-03-2014, 12:37 PM
(24-03-2014 11:38 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:14 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  You said you will answer questions, sooo... does the devil, or satan, or whatever he is called interact with and decieve people?

I'm believe he does

In all honestly, how would you ever know if it was, or was not, actually satan that answered you during that critical event in your life? How would you know if he did not take that opportunity to trick you and caused you to then submit yourself to subjugate SATAN? How would you know since SATAN is the master of deception?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
24-03-2014, 12:38 PM
(24-03-2014 11:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay guys... honest question. Have I ever been this deliberately vague, disingenuous, and dishonest when talking to any of you? If so, I'm sorry. I would hate myself if I ever portrayed myself and theists in this light. It's nauseating to see how theists "debate".

Facepalm

You're one of the few Christians that I respect!Thumbsup

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]