Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest
(24-03-2014 11:25 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  How do you explain the prophesy's that have been fulfilled??

I'll let Carl Sagan answer that question:

If ‘fulfilled prophecy’ is your criterion, why do you not believe in materialistic science, which has an unparalleled record of fulfilled prophecy?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-03-2014, 12:44 PM
(24-03-2014 11:30 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:08 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  "My job is tell you of my experience, What God has done for me etc. If you choose to listen and accept it, your a bit more open that i previously precieved,"

That's a bit of an unfair statement. Listen and accepting doesn't make you more open. If anything it makes you more gullible. It can make you irresponsible.

We can listen all we want, but not accepting it doesn't make us close minded or unreasonable. I can tell you all day about how the Easter Bunny, no joke, came into my room, gave me chocolate eggs, and we played Gears of War till the crack of dawn. Don't accept it? Well I guess you're not as open as I perceived.

If you do accept it...then...yikes.

I don't get how every time God is mentioned, Things like leprechauns, the Easter bunny etc are brought into question...A

Because there is PRECISELY as much evidence for leprechauns, the Easter Bunny, and unicorns as there is for both your gawd and your jeebus.

Quote:..this is an unfair connection, please give me a better comparison
No, it's not unfair at all, and you can't make it unfair by whining it.

24-03-2014, 12:50 PM
(24-03-2014 11:36 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:12 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  So using your logic - if I came to this forum declaring my experiences with aliens from the other side of the galaxy, which are stealing my rosmary out of my garden, are real since I personally experince this? Would you just accept my accounts or question them?

Well lets deduce a few things. Your the only one stating the above claim.

*You're

And no, plenty of people claim to have interacted with "aliens" Where have you been, under a rock?

Quote:..There are billions of people who have evidence of God within there life...thats first.

*within THEIR life

*that's

And if BILLIONS of people have said "evidence", then why can NOT ONE OF THEM present it to us.

Quote:Secondly There are people who claim to have seen aliens, do they exist I couldn't tell you....But if you claimed aliens existed in your experience, and this really is the whole point...I could have a disbelief of what your saying, a strong disbelief at that, but could i say definitively that your experience didn't happen...you could be lying for all i know, but what good does it do for me to at least not listen to your story and decide for myself, assuming of course that the aliens actually did take the rosemary from you?? I would love to hear why it is that they can't get enough of that rosemary..whats in it???

You can be as credulous as you like. You cannot impose your standard of credulity, gullibility and ignorance on us and force us to resort to it.

(24-03-2014 11:38 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:14 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  You said you will answer questions, sooo... does the devil, or satan, or whatever he is called interact with and decieve people?

I'm believe he does

O, if that were the case, then what makes you think that De Debil isn't the voice you are hearing. Answer: You can't say it isn't.

24-03-2014, 12:55 PM
(24-03-2014 11:39 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:14 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Sorry, there was another thing I was going to say and forgot:

That is fair, so long as you recognize that it's fair for us to not inherently assume God exists. I'm not going to try and talk you out of your belief (that almost never works in either direction; it's a rather personal journey), but do realize that if you can't demonstrate God, then any position that doesn't involve in accepting God is at least as valid.

It's not for me to reveal God to you, God does that.

You have not demonstrated that. Nor have you defined this thing or demonstrated that it actually exists. Back to Square One. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

Quote:But yes you are correct in other assertion can be at least just as valid...you are correct in your logic

And yet you fail to see that you have just destroyed your own position.

24-03-2014, 01:07 PM
(24-03-2014 11:42 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:28 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  The ot-babble is/was purported to be the word of this purported "god". And you claim by fiat that this supposedly all-powerful, all-knowing "god" and its "word" were and are incapable of "saving anyone". Does your supposedly all-powerful, all-knowing, vengeful and jealous "god" know that you think this? I'm quite sure that "he" will be quite displeased when "he" finds out.
<---This would be true had he not fixed the problem sir.

What problem? So you admit that this imaginary "perfect, all-powerful, all-seeing" being couldn't anticipate or correct a problem in its work? I hope your vengeful and jealous gawd isn't watching you type this. If it is, it's straight to the Hot Place for you, Bucko!

Quote:Christ came to fulfill the law

What the fuck are you talking about. Is this some line from your fairy tale? The one that I don't believe in? What part of I don't buy your fairy tales do you fail to grasp.

Quote: this means the laws was in itself an incomplete laws

You are denigrating your supposedly perfect, infallible, all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful Sky Daddy. I hope no one is standing anywhere near you right now.

Quote:until Christ's fulfillment,

Is that like the fulfillment companies that send you shit you order? Or are you telling us you think we need to get "filled"?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQWgtOER0gQ6RsXRR1L8U..._3RIEvXA3X]

Quote: So yes he does know that

*period missing

And how do you claim this. Did it tell you? Did you hear it, or was it just in your head.

Quote: i believe

*I believe

Quote: the OT law didn't suffice because he believe the same thing.

Make. Sense.

What makes you believe that this imaginary creature "believe the same thing". Did it tell you? Why didn't you bring it onto Oprah so it could tell us all.

Quote: What you deduce from that is your own deduction but what you can't say is God didn't "fix" the problem

I wouldn't say such a thing. You haven't demonstrated that you imaginary friend actually exists. Have you forgotten that part? Your really need to get cracking at that.

AND you neglected to address the rest of my post, and indeed many, many other posts I have made this morning. Run away much?

24-03-2014, 01:13 PM
(24-03-2014 08:43 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  I am a believer in Jesus Christ.
Why don't you believe in Vishnu or Allah? any specific reason for this? childhood indoctrination&confirmation bias i suppose?Consider
Quote:I am here to talk about objections to God.
Which God? there are about a million religions and all have their own gods and yet not one of them have been proven to exist lolLaughat
Quote:Those that want to criticize, jab or throw insults I will choose to not respond.
If you really think you have truth on your side then you should not fear scrutiny&criticism,instead you should encourage more people be inquisitive.

Here's my simple question for you:-

How do you distinguish between total non-existence and God?

I didn't throw any personal insults on you so please do respond.Thumbsup

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
24-03-2014, 01:15 PM
(24-03-2014 11:47 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  I think this is funny....

And you think we don't?

Quote:
Quote:Had WHAT in place. Have you seen this "plan"? Did "he" show it to you when "he" supposedly "talked" to you? Why didn't you drag him onto Oprah to show the world instead of greedily keeping it all to yourself.
<---- If God exists and he lives within people, are you telling me there has never a spirited filled person on Oprah??? lol

You have not demonstrated that your fairy tale monster exists, nor that it "lives within people", nor have you defined or demonstrated the existence of "spirit-filled people". I can certainly say that your fairy tale monster has not appeared on Oprah. I would have heard about it.

Quote:
Quote:You see, you failed to think this little con game through. And we have seen it a zillion times from a zillion other trolls just like you.
<---Can you argue with arrogance and personal jabs??

You haven't seen personal jabs yet. Not by a long shot. And I think anyone here can attest to the fact that I can indeed argue with personal jabs. How funny that you refuse to see your own arrogance, though. HoboLaughat

24-03-2014, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 01:27 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(24-03-2014 11:52 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Do you not know how many christians were killed under Nero etc??

Irrelevant.

Quote:and yes the Spanish inquisition etc.

That was your fellow xtards killing non-believers and those believers who disagreed with them, even on minute nuances of doctrine. You cannot distance yourself from that.

Quote:Anyone who did not believe in the Catholic church was killed and that would mean my protestant religious fore-fathers as well...they were heretics.

SO, they killed Luther? Imagine that.

You seem to conveniently "forget" that protestants' hands are not lily-white, either.

(24-03-2014 11:55 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Gotta love the name calling blah blah blah...

Ah, the best you can do:

[Image: Crying-baby.jpg]

(24-03-2014 11:57 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:40 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  I think you missed my point there. But lets go off that anyway. All forms of scientific evidence negate a bunny having hands, and there is no bunny nowhere, nor any that claim that have hands, refutes my claim.

1. It was sarcasm. I obviously didn't play gears of war with a bunny. And you didn't accept it, which means you're not as open as I perceived Big Grin

2. Magical egg rabbits and leprechauns come into play because they are about as real as any god, including yours.

3. Scientific evidence negates magic and supernatural phenomena. So...adios Yahweh.

Does scientific evidence negate a creation of a cosmos??? <---Supernatural Phenomena, you forgot that one buddy...but adidos

*adios

Scientific evidence does not support your claim of "supernatural creation of a cosmos".

(24-03-2014 11:59 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:41 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Your delusions. The fairy tales you believe in. Yes.

The choice to embrace a delusion. Yes. What part of that do you fail to grasp.

*to you

Oh, we've only just begun. An actual conversation, though, is that you would address the points I have raised (you called them "your objections to Gawd") -- HONESTLY -- like YOU SAID YOU WOULD IN YOUR OP.

*here

*arguing. I...

*actually

We are not here to tell stories or to play into your confirmation bias of your strawman delusion that we disbelieve because of some perceived slight from another xtard. We know your con games well, and that is one of the first that novice apolotards like you try to pull out and throw at us. Do you really think we were born yesterday?

You're probably what 16??

What happened to your claim that you wanted "honest conversation" and being "willing to place your views under the microscope fairly"?

24-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Look what you did vin, and we had just laid Taq down for his nap!No

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
24-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Vin, shouldn't you be brewing beer instead of trolling atheists?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post