Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 09:32 AM by kingschosen.)
RE: Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest
Quote:Ok, I'll ask honest questions. I'm not trolling or ridiculing you with these, I am genuinely curious.

1) why do you believe in ANY God?

2) How do you decide between the different religions?

....Honest Question. Thats Good.

Answer: If God were Real and he wanted to be in relationship with Human beings, would he interact with them?? would he speak to them?? would he find ways to get there attention?? All of the above are just a hand full of reasons people believe in God. Me personally, I would never tell someone there belief in God is wrong, I would simply ask how much interaction have you had with him. Muslims and Jews do not claim to interact with God because he is too holy, The only testament of God that deals with his interaction with Human beings is the Christian God. That is why I choose to follow God in this manner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2014, 09:28 AM
How, specifically, does God interact with humans?

Also, my second question is unanswered. There are other religions that claim connections or interaction with the divine. Buddhism, IIRC does this. So do the ancient religions of Rome and Greece.
24-03-2014, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 09:32 AM by kingschosen.)
OMG HTML isn't hard.

Let me go back and fix this debacle.

Edit: Okay, done. Stop erasing the opening tags.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-03-2014, 09:35 AM
(24-03-2014 08:43 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  I have ran through a couple of these forums. Allow me to give a little bit of a background. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I am here to talk about objections to God. I Believe it's a false world to only stay amongst people like you and that think only like you, which is why I'm here. I've heard basic objections to God, mostly coming from misinterpreted scriptures or just flat out not wanting to have faith in the bible, whatever the case they were never honest about there reasoning. I will be completely honest with any of you, if you will do the same for me. It is easy to place someone under a microscope without the willingness to do the same for yourselves. Those that want to have an honest conversation and can place your views under the microscope fairly along with me, will get responses. Those that want to criticize, jab or throw insults I will choose to not respond. You may not like the response, but i will respond.

**** Remember This....There are no new questions under the sun, No new Ground-breaking pieces of evidence, That will somehow unearth Christianity and destroy it****

I don't need to have any objections to God. I don't see any evidence that he exists in the first place (at least no evidence that doesn't require you to assume he exists in the first place). Based on that, I see no reason to accept him.

So, I don't need to "unearth" or "destroy" Christianity, but rather am still waiting on a single reason to take it seriously.
[+] 9 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Dropping religious scripture on us is like us quoting passages from Justice League of America. You don't believe in the Watch Tower, Superman or Batman as our saviors, so us quoting comic books as proof doesn't do anything at all to strengthen our argument in your eyes.

edited: I posted a few questions, but honestly, RobbyPants summed it up.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 3 users Like =jesse='s post
24-03-2014, 09:38 AM
I actually wasn't the one who brought the scripture up, I'm still waiting on the guy who started the topic to reply...bathroom break maybe??
24-03-2014, 09:39 AM
I know you guys have your reasons, I'm not knocking that i would love to hear the actual reasons that started it, things like a bad conversation with a pastor, being forced to go to church by parents, things christians have done to you guys etc.
24-03-2014, 09:40 AM
(24-03-2014 09:38 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  I actually wasn't the one who brought the scripture up, I'm still waiting on the guy who started the topic to reply...bathroom break maybe??

Life break, probably.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-03-2014, 09:40 AM
(24-03-2014 08:43 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  I have ran through a couple of these forums. Allow me to give a little bit of a background. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I am here to talk about objections to God. I Believe it's a false world to only stay amongst people like you and that think only like you, which is why I'm here. I've heard basic objections to God, mostly coming from misinterpreted scriptures or just flat out not wanting to have faith in the bible, whatever the case they were never honest about there reasoning. I will be completely honest with any of you, if you will do the same for me. It is easy to place someone under a microscope without the willingness to do the same for yourselves. Those that want to have an honest conversation and can place your views under the microscope fairly along with me, will get responses. Those that want to criticize, jab or throw insults I will choose to not respond. You may not like the response, but i will respond.

**** Remember This....There are no new questions under the sun, No new Ground-breaking pieces of evidence, That will somehow unearth Christianity and destroy it****

I would like you to actually just begin with explaining what a "god" actually is.

And to be clear, I'm not asking you to describe the "god" you believe in, to describe "Jesus", or "Yahweh". We already know the bible, quoting passages about "Jesus", or "Yahweh" would be wasteful of time, and only tells us about aspects for those particular "gods", but not what a "god" in fact is.

What I am actually asking you to describe is, what is a "god"? What does that even mean?

That may sound like an obvious question, but it actually is not. Before I could care about anything you say about your particular "god" concept, I need to understand what it is.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
24-03-2014, 09:43 AM
(24-03-2014 09:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  OMG HTML BBCode isn't hard.

Let me go back and fix this debacle.

Edit: Okay, done. Stop erasing the opening tags.

Rolleyes

Atir aissom atir imon