Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest
I would like to ask a question or two, hopefully it hasn't been asked or answered yet in this thread as I have not read all 20 pages of it.

The questions are based on a few things you posted.

1.) You are a christian
2.) You follow the bible.
3.) You claim that your god exists.

So Questions:

1.) At which age did you first hear the teachings and understood them.
2.) Do you follow the entire bible or just the NT, and what are your reasons for that?
3.) If commanded by your god to do something would you do it?

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2014, 01:25 PM
(24-03-2014 11:51 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:39 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  It's not for me to reveal God to you, God does that. But yes you are correct in other assertion can be at least just as valid...you are correct in your logic

If God reveals himself to me in a public bathroom, do I need an adult?

You might have a lawsuit....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
24-03-2014, 01:28 PM
(24-03-2014 12:39 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:25 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  How do you explain the prophesy's that have been fulfilled??

I'll let Carl Sagan answer that question:

If ‘fulfilled prophecy’ is your criterion, why do you not believe in materialistic science, which has an unparalleled record of fulfilled prophecy?

I never actually thought of it that way. Well put.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
24-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Seems like dude is gone. I think the most annoying part of that whole thing was the comment about hating christians, and we don't hate you, and we're still people...yada yada yada. Cry me a river.

I mean f*ck...it's the internet. Since when do internet debates leave people feeling warm and fuzzy?

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
24-03-2014, 01:41 PM
(24-03-2014 01:36 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  Seems like dude is gone. I think the most annoying part of that whole thing was the comment about hating christians, and we don't hate you, and we're still people...yada yada yada. Cry me a river.

I mean f*ck...it's the internet. Since when do internet debates leave people feeling warm and fuzzy?

Or he got in trouble for posting at work.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-03-2014, 01:43 PM
(24-03-2014 12:10 PM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 12:01 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:53 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Okay lets ask some basic questions....If I hear God's Voice,

So you come out with your claim that you "hear gawd's voice". So tell us, are you claiming that you actually hear an external voice through your ears, i.e., one that, if I were in the room with you, I could hear as well, or are you claiming that you "hear" an "inner voice", sort of like what Buddhists refer to as "The Drunken Monkey"?

If God chooses to speak through someone else is that an inner or outer voice??

I would go with both

So it follows that if this voice is external, then it can appear on Oprah and clear up all the confusion it has generated by hiding from everyone.

Quote:
Quote:Or D) you are hallucinating or E) you cannot tell the difference between your mental fantasies and reality or F) you are making all of this shit up

<--Are these your beliefs about my claims??

Those are other possible explanations of your claim of your experience. But nice try.

Quote:
Quote:..but they can not entirely say that what i am experiencing is untrue..

We can dispute your conclusion, which is what is happening here.

Quote:<---What evidence would you have besides it not happening to you, to dispel my claim??

The evidence that there are many OTHER possible conclusions. AND the evidence that you are stubbornly and willfully ignoring them. For starters.

[quote]You can say its not happening...but the truth is, it is your belief about my claim...this is reality??

I am not saying anything about "its [sic] not happening". Again, and here you show your stubborn and willful ignorance yet another time, there is a HUGE difference between not buying into your bullshit and "believing" the opposite.

Quote:[quote]
Again you are arguing a straw man. What we are disputing and doubting is your CONCLUSIONS
<---Even if you question my conclusion, it will be your belief sir...i believe that is the point....

Not at all. It is my OBSERVATION that you have failed to substantiate and falsify your claim.

Quote:You can believe what ever you want about my claim....What you can't fully say is whether or not What i'm saying is true or false based on evidence..

Strawman much? I am pointing out that you have not provided evidence for your claim and you have not explored several OBVIOUS alternative explanations that would falsify your claim.

Quote:...because there is no evidence to counter my claim....

We are under no obligation to provide evidence to counter your claim. You are committing the fallacy of Shifting the Burden of Proof. Again.

Quote:What i'm getting at is you can question claim, yes, but don't definitively say what i'm saying is completely and utterly false <---This statement isn't true

*I'm

I don't even have to say that. Your claim falls because you have failed to substantiate it and to address alternate explanations.

24-03-2014, 01:44 PM
(24-03-2014 01:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 01:36 PM)=jesse= Wrote:  Seems like dude is gone. I think the most annoying part of that whole thing was the comment about hating christians, and we don't hate you, and we're still people...yada yada yada. Cry me a river.

Or he got in trouble for posting at work.

Mommy caught him talking to us nasty atheist!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
24-03-2014, 01:45 PM
(24-03-2014 01:44 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 01:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Or he got in trouble for posting at work.

Mommy caught him talking to us nasty atheist!

It could have been take your child to work day.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
24-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Quote:Posted by =jesse= - Today 09:36 PM
Seems like dude is gone. I think the most annoying part of that whole thing was the comment about hating christians, and we don't hate you, and we're still people...yada yada yada. Cry me a river.

A pity I was looking forward to his answers, or rant, or argument. Time for more coffee

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2014, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 02:01 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(24-03-2014 12:25 PM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 12:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  There is a difference between disputing a claim and making a counter-claim. Learn it.

Ah, yet another attempt to shift your burden of proof. FAIL.

To dispute your conclusion is yet another. That's the reality you are trying hard to deny here.

*your belief

And what this is is our disbelief of your claim for lack of evidence.

And you still haven't described this event you claim you experienced, or why you conclude that it indicates some "supernatural" cause. Which is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. No surprise here.

The word "evidences" is NOT a plural noun. But well done in outing yourself as a brainwashed apolotard. Tell me, is your "guru" WLC, Galloping Gish, Banana-man...?

Do you realize that every claim you have made about me being dishonest is in fact what you want to believe about me.

I am making the same observations everyone else -- INCLUDING A FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN -- on this forum is making. I see you acting dishonestly and disingenuously, and I have called you on it every time.

Quote:It's not true. Just a label for you to put me in a box...

[Image: queen_of_denial_shirt_child_adult_4x.jpg...quare=true]

Quote: I have answered your questions from our first interaction.....False confidence, will never get a person anywhere.

You have answered perhaps a small fraction of them.

Quote: If you can maintain that a belief that is formed with "no evidence" like the belief you have of me being dishonest, which is what you have perceived never mind if its true or not but because it is your perception that makes it true....

Um, you're stammering, cupcake.

Quote:That is not the case, my experience of Godblah blah blah...
[Image: ass-rocket.gif]

And so the troll is reduced to blubbering. My work here is done.

Drinking Beverage