Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest
(24-03-2014 01:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I am making the same observations everyone else -- INCLUDING A FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN

Them is fightin' words!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-03-2014, 02:03 PM
(24-03-2014 10:12 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:04 AM)natachan Wrote:  Subjective personal experience is insufficient evidence. The existence of consciousness is proof of nothing. This is a very weak argument.

Well what your not going to be able to do is tell me that i'm not experiencing what i'm experiencing. It doesn't have to be evidence for you, but you what your not going to be able to say is that what i'm experiencing just doesn't exist...This is also a weak argument

No it isn't a weak argument at all! It is the whole crux of the argument. Someone can feel and experience many things that aren't real, that don't exist except in the consciousness of the mind. Someone might believe ever so strongly in a tea pot that orbits Saturn or a Tinkerbell-like person who sprinkles fairy dust on special believers and this brings them a wonderfully, warm fuzzy feeling. But that doesn't make it real, it doesn't make it exist. You have to prove your god exists beyond feeling it exists.

And quoting from a book written by people 70 to over 100 years after a supposed resurrection occurred, stories that were told verbally for two generations, cough *telephone game* cough, and then finally written down by amateur scribes with numerous mistakes and then copied thousands of times by hand with other mistakes .....well that's not proof either.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
24-03-2014, 02:04 PM
I don't hate Christians.

I just hate the slimey, two-faced, dishonest, ignorant, intrusive, egotistical, condescending, whiny antics a sizable chunk of the Christian population takes part in.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
24-03-2014, 02:07 PM
(24-03-2014 02:04 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I don't hate Christians.

I just hate the slimey, two-faced, dishonest, ignorant, intrusive, egotistical, condescending, whiny antics a sizable chunk of the Christian population takes part in.

^^^ This is why we can't have nice chew toys.

[Image: 4f1988d142cae2918fade69a8654721e.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-03-2014, 02:49 PM
(24-03-2014 11:55 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Gotta love the name calling, If it really wasn't a debate at all, then you would have never responded...if it was really just that low and so beneath you, you wouldn't have even wasted your time with the insults. But thank you

Have you ever seen a cat play with a dead mouse? Just because you're not worth eating, doesn't mean I don't derive amusement fucking around with you and watching your feeble attempts to defend yourself. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
24-03-2014, 03:08 PM
(24-03-2014 12:25 PM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 12:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  There is a difference between disputing a claim and making a counter-claim. Learn it.

Ah, yet another attempt to shift your burden of proof. FAIL.

To dispute your conclusion is yet another. That's the reality you are trying hard to deny here.

*your belief

And what this is is our disbelief of your claim for lack of evidence.

And you still haven't described this event you claim you experienced, or why you conclude that it indicates some "supernatural" cause. Which is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. No surprise here.

The word "evidences" is NOT a plural noun. But well done in outing yourself as a brainwashed apolotard. Tell me, is your "guru" WLC, Galloping Gish, Banana-man...?

Do you realize that every claim you have made about me being dishonest is in fact what you want to believe about me. It's not true. Just a label for you to put me in a box... I have answered your questions from our first interaction.....False confidence, will never get a person anywhere. If you can maintain that a belief that is formed with "no evidence" like the belief you have of me being dishonest, which is what you have perceived never mind if its true or not but because it is your perception that makes it true....That is not the case, my experience of God is centered on my experience with his spirit. This spirit Talks, it does its another person living inside of me that communicates with me....its just that simple....but it amazes me how you guys have no people skills, no rules, no barriers you won't go past. I wouldn't dare tell a Muslim there experience with God is false, because not only do i have people skills, I would never disregard someones experience, I don't know that person, I don't know what they have experienced...Look at who you are man, look at the things you have said too me, look at whats in your heart??? What kind of person is okay slandering people all day long?? Like do you ever look in the mirror at yourself, that's not okay, even if its on the internet, because I'm not mistaken there probably Christians that you can talk to face to face, if your not going to say all of these slanderous things to them in there face, why say it on the internet?? isn't it a little cowardly?? You don't want to be the type of person who is afraid to deal with things. You want to be the type of person who people respect....Respect, and People skills is how you get there sir. But it was nice talking to you

Personally, I don't think you're a dishonest person. I think you fervently and honestly believe what you believe, but what we are trying to get you to understand is that believing in something doesn't make it real or true. If mere believing made things exist then Bigfoot exists. You don't want to look past belief and look clearly at reality and that's what angers atheists and agnostics and freethinkers.

If your god exists and created this world and loves us then where was this god of yours when the 2004 Tsunami hit and killed 250,000 people. Did he just sit on his hands and watch? Does he have no control over natural disasters? If he doesn't then he's not worth worshiping.

Where was he during the Middle Ages when over 100 million people died in one of the most horrific, agonizing ways imaginable from the Black Death. What was your god up to then? Not much, apparently. This isn't an entity to worship.

Where was he when during 1918 when another 100 million people died from the great influenza pandemic? Did he take a powder on that one too? My great uncle died in that pandemic and he was a medical ambulance driver, helping others to survive and giving medical aid. He was an atheist but he was doing more for people than your imaginary god ever has.

Oh.......except your god makes you feel nice. But he doesn't actually do anything.

And you wonder why we are angry?

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-03-2014, 03:15 PM
I think I scared him away with my beer comment.

Not as anonymous as he once thought, me thinks.

Here's a little tip for any future trolls:

PROXY

It still baffles me that 95% of trolls refuse to use them.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-03-2014, 03:22 PM
(24-03-2014 02:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 11:55 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Gotta love the name calling, If it really wasn't a debate at all, then you would have never responded...if it was really just that low and so beneath you, you wouldn't have even wasted your time with the insults. But thank you

Have you ever seen a cat play with a dead mouse? Just because you're not worth eating, doesn't mean I don't derive amusement fucking around with you and watching your feeble attempts to defend yourself. Drinking Beverage

[Image: cat-and-mouse-2_2054861i.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-03-2014, 03:24 PM
(24-03-2014 03:22 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 02:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Have you ever seen a cat play with a dead mouse? Just because you're not worth eating, doesn't mean I don't derive amusement fucking around with you and watching your feeble attempts to defend yourself. Drinking Beverage

[Image: cat-and-mouse-2_2054861i.jpg]

SHORYUKEN!!!

[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
24-03-2014, 03:58 PM
I fall asleep on a textbook and wake up and you've chased it off!!

And I was having fun too...
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post