Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest
Well this has been a uniquely entertaining thread! Big Grin

Maybe these people get tiring in the long run, but I'm new to the forum and I've never seen a christian debate this badly before! I hardly knew whether to laugh or cry. Thanks for indulging him long enough to fill a whole evening with entertainment for me! Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like LadyDay's post
24-03-2014, 04:34 PM
210 posts in one day?! I thought someone was necroposting until I saw the OP is from today.

Hows about someone give me the Cliff Notes version pretty please with a theist on top.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-03-2014, 04:56 PM
(24-03-2014 04:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  210 posts in one day?! I thought someone was necroposting until I saw the OP is from today.

Hows about someone give me the Cliff Notes version pretty please with a theist on top.

theist: derp
TTA : RAWR
Taq: RAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRR
*theist disappears*
*random conversation ensues*

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 11 users Like kingschosen's post
24-03-2014, 04:58 PM
(24-03-2014 04:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  210 posts in one day?! I thought someone was necroposting until I saw the OP is from today.

Theist: god exists because the Holy Spirit is inside me.

Taq: no, it isn't, no evidence, fallacy, fallacy, fallacy, Oprah, fallacy....

Theist: Waaaaaaaa

KC: Suck it up, kid.

<general applause>

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 9 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
24-03-2014, 06:03 PM
(24-03-2014 04:58 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  

Theist: god exists because the Holy Spirit is inside me.

<general applause>

You missed the part where the OP claimed KC hates Christians.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-03-2014, 06:26 PM
(24-03-2014 06:03 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 04:58 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Theist: god exists because the Holy Spirit is inside me.

<general applause>

You missed the part where the OP claimed KC hates Christians.

Edited for brevity. You want details, buy the book. :-D

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
25-03-2014, 03:56 AM
He wanted a story. Here's mine.

I was born. I had a very happy childhood, loving family, good friends. Learned as much as I could at school, played sports, rode horses all the time and discovered that I had a curious and skeptical nature.

I didn't need to be taught that fairy tales weren't real
No one needed to explain to me that the superheroes in comic books weren't real. My brain could internally discern the difference. When someone told a story about how big the fish was that got away, most people could tell that the story was made up when the size of the fish was bigger than the boat.

My adult life began. Lots of great times. Fell in love. Raised a child and now 25 yrs later I have a grandson. We have a good life that is delusion free.

That is my story.

Your god sounds like a very big fish that swims around inside your head constantly. That must be annoying.

Science is what we do to keep from lying to ourselves. We can believe something is true when we have evidence to justify this belief. This is rational.

When we don't have evidence but still believe something to be true, we call that irrational.

I am sorry you grew up in a family and community that all shared this delusion of a god. I was lucky enough to have parents who weren't gullible. My parents and grand parents all love to fish. They know all about big fish stories. They can tell fact from fantasy. I was lucky to have them in my life, otherwise I might have been a theist with a big fish constantly swimming around in my head.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
25-03-2014, 04:02 AM
(24-03-2014 08:43 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  **** Remember This....There are no new questions under the sun, No new Ground-breaking pieces of evidence, That will somehow unearth Christianity and destroy it****

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Check mate theist!
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
25-03-2014, 04:11 AM
(25-03-2014 04:02 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 08:43 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  **** Remember This....There are no new questions under the sun, No new Ground-breaking pieces of evidence, That will somehow unearth Christianity and destroy it****

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Check mate theist!

A lot of wood....................Unsure

Also, 2,500 posts!

[Image: giphy.gif]
25-03-2014, 04:12 AM
Vin is right when he says that no evidence can be unearthed that will destroy the delusion he has in his mind.

His willingness to accept reality must come from within.

Vin, your mental affliction is all too common these days but there are professionals who can help.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results