Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2014, 04:40 AM
RE: Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest
Dang! That lot was painful to read.

Blink

What surprised me was that this specimen attracted no neg reps.

I guess everyone was just too busy laughing to bother.

Smile

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
25-03-2014, 05:30 AM
(25-03-2014 04:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Dang! That lot was painful to read.

Blink

I think it's entirely possible he's honest in his intentions and just hasn't thought things out from another point of view. There was a point in my life when I was Christian and would only think things out from a Christian-centric world view. It can be hard to realize you're doing it and next to impossible to see it from the other's point of view.

I usually reserve negative rep for people who are obviously just trying to screw with us. If he continues to post here, time will tell.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
25-03-2014, 05:41 AM
(25-03-2014 05:30 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 04:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Dang! That lot was painful to read.

Blink

I think it's entirely possible he's honest in his intentions and just hasn't thought things out from another point of view. There was a point in my life when I was Christian and would only think things out from a Christian-centric world view. It can be hard to realize you're doing it and next to impossible to see it from the other's point of view.

I usually reserve negative rep for people who are obviously just trying to screw with us. If he continues to post here, time will tell.

Sure but I wasn't referring to the content (which was unreadable).
It was the unreadability of it that was painful.

Syntactic-relativism... better than Absols but worse than Drich.

Confused

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
25-03-2014, 07:38 AM
(24-03-2014 10:53 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:41 AM)natachan Wrote:  Yes, btw. Zero objective evidence.

I'm not saying your faith doesn't work for you or give you some comfort or whatever. Good for you. But the existence of a God is a fact about the universe. You have no evidence for a universal God. Just a voice in your head.

Okay lets ask some basic questions....If I hear God's Voice, what can i Deduce from that??? A.) God is real B.) He speaks C.) he must exist in a realm that is not the same as our own etc. What happens if i tell someone of my experience?? They have a choice to believe me or to not believe me....but they can not entirely say that what i am experiencing is untrue...they can only believe it <---this is reality.

You can have all that but just be aware we think of you no different than the guy who claims his hair is on fire. Please be fair and just think of it from our perspective. How can we distinguish between your voice in your head and the guy with the hair on fire without evidence.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like CONVERSIONTUBE's post
25-03-2014, 08:22 AM
(25-03-2014 07:38 AM)proplayer44 Wrote:  How can we distinguish between your voice in your head and the guy with the hair on fire without evidence.

Presumably man with hair on fire can be used to cook eggs and bacon...

Hey OP, how come you don't consider the option of yourself being a barking lunatic? You got straight from voice "I hear voice *inside* my head" to "God exists outside my head".

Welcome to the loony bin Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
25-03-2014, 08:48 AM
(24-03-2014 08:43 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  **** Remember This....There are no new questions under the sun, No new Ground-breaking pieces of evidence, That will somehow unearth Christianity and destroy it****

False. There is no rational basis for believing in that which cannot be proven to exist. If you believe in it, and there is no evidence for it, it is your burden to prove its existence. Fortunately, it is a veritable fact that the existence of any deity cannot be proven beyond fallible faith. The only thing that keeps you believing is a mixture of cognitive dissonance and nonsense apologists arguments.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
25-03-2014, 09:22 AM
There was one positive that came out of this thread.

This link.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_even_wrong

Love it and bookmarked it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes CONVERSIONTUBE's post
25-03-2014, 11:30 AM
(24-03-2014 01:46 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
Quote:Posted by =jesse= - Today 09:36 PM
Seems like dude is gone. I think the most annoying part of that whole thing was the comment about hating christians, and we don't hate you, and we're still people...yada yada yada. Cry me a river.

I mean f*ck...it's the internet. Since when do internet debates leave people feeling warm and fuzzy?

A pity I was looking forward to his answers, or rant, or argument. Time for more coffee

BH, what does the writing on your avatar say? Obviously it's a slam on Bananaman...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-03-2014, 11:57 AM
(24-03-2014 08:43 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  I have ran through a couple of these forums. Allow me to give a little bit of a background. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I am here to talk about objections to God. I Believe it's a false world to only stay amongst people like you and that think only like you, which is why I'm here. I've heard basic objections to God, mostly coming from misinterpreted scriptures or just flat out not wanting to have faith in the bible, whatever the case they were never honest about there reasoning. I will be completely honest with any of you, if you will do the same for me. It is easy to place someone under a microscope without the willingness to do the same for yourselves. Those that want to have an honest conversation and can place your views under the microscope fairly along with me, will get responses. Those that want to criticize, jab or throw insults I will choose to not respond. You may not like the response, but i will respond.

**** Remember This....There are no new questions under the sun, No new Ground-breaking pieces of evidence, That will somehow unearth Christianity and destroy it****

Howdy,

Welcome aboard.

Most of the people we deal with are believers so we're not quite building a false world. I love being here because there are many cool people but I love speaking to people that don't think the way I do. I strive for intellectual honesty and I won't get there by always reassuring myself with like minded people.

I have read the KJV of the Bible and did so without preconceptions. Now, having read the whole bloody thing (no pun intended). I was amazed at how many of the stories were truncated when spoken about by/to believers. I do not see anything in there that isn't clearly man made. If it is devinely inspired it seems that Yaweh was still in a learning phase as whatever passes for information on the world is clearly and demonstrably wrong in many cases.

Why would one have "faith" in a book? I openly admit that the concept of faith as applied by religions is completely alien to me.

Look forward to a response.

KC62

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
25-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Y'all...

I don't think he/she/it is coming back.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]