Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2014, 10:41 PM
RE: Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest
(26-03-2014 08:01 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 08:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  Presumably man with hair on fire can be used to cook eggs and bacon...

Hey OP, how come you don't consider the option of yourself being a barking lunatic? You got straight from voice "I hear voice *inside* my head" to "God exists outside my head".

Welcome to the loony bin Smile

Would this be kinda like the burning bush?
yay, cooking weiners over a guy's burning bush!

Thank you dear, the moses fable is now even more ridiculous in my head. Cooking over yhwh's burning bush Laughat

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Blackhand293's post
27-03-2014, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 09:57 AM by BlackMason.)
(24-03-2014 09:45 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Answer A.) He actually speaks lol in a number of different ways. This would be directly to you, directly to someone else, his word etc. There is a spirit that lives within each follower of Christ that is how we know God exists. Otherwise we would come to the conclusion that there is no God.

I hear a voice in my head, but I recognise it as mine. It is a fact that human beings experience a voice in their heads as I've described. It is one of the emergent properties of an intelligent mind. How does one distinguish between their voice and gods? There are other people that say they hear voices that don't belong to them. We keep them in mental asylums. Further, is god's voice falsifiable?

(24-03-2014 09:45 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  B.) Buddhism is a nonthiestic religion, so that would be impossible for them to interact with the divine. The ancient religions believed in more than one God, they also do not have the holy spirit, which is the way in which God interacts with us. He does it through a spirit, something non visible that lives within you, very simple. Everyone doesn't have it which is why you guys question its existence, Rightfully so if i had no evidence of something i wouldn't believe it either

You have made the error of presupposing that a spirit does in fact exist. You have not proven that it does. How can you tell if someone has the holy spirit or not? Would you be able to identify a person with the holy spirit even though they were pretending not to have it?

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
27-03-2014, 09:58 AM
(26-03-2014 11:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 10:02 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  "Having an honest conversation about god with a theist"
I'm not convinced that's possible.....

Talk to KC then. I wouldn't say he's the most rational person I know, but I'll be damned if he's not the most intellectually honest theist I've ever had a conversation with.

Thanks.

I think.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
27-03-2014, 10:28 AM
(26-03-2014 10:41 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 08:01 PM)Charis Wrote:  Would this be kinda like the burning bush?
yay, cooking weiners over a guy's burning bush!

Thank you dear, the moses fable is now even more ridiculous in my head. Cooking over yhwh's burning bush Laughat

BlackHand,
Looking at your signature line, made me think of this:

Bananaman

Doc
27-03-2014, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 01:35 PM by Blackhand293.)
(27-03-2014 10:28 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  BlackHand,
Looking at your signature line, made me think of this:

Bananaman

Doc

My sig, and avatar is purposefully referencing Ray Comfort and his ridiculous claims, I respect our idiotic president more than I do that man.

Crocoducks...Facepalm

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
27-03-2014, 09:41 PM
(27-03-2014 09:58 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 11:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Talk to KC then. I wouldn't say he's the most rational person I know, but I'll be damned if he's not the most intellectually honest theist I've ever had a conversation with.

Thanks.

I think.

There are a lot of very rational and sensible people here KC, so in that regard it's much harder to pick you out of the crowd. Whereas if I'm looking for 'intellectually honest theists', the pool of candidates is much smaller and far easier to pick from. Thumbsup

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-03-2014, 10:12 PM
(26-03-2014 09:26 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 02:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  What the fuck is that even?!?!
Your dog is going to bite his own balls off?
That is image is weird even for this forumGasp

I don't have a dog, just going with the mood of the thread. Funny fuckin' picture though. Laughat

One of these days I'm gonna HAVE to get some upside-down pix of my Newf....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop