Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 10:41 AM
RE: Having an honest conversation about God with a thiest
(24-03-2014 10:31 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:18 AM)natachan Wrote:  The difference is I am not claiming my imaginary voice is real. You are. Prove it. You are making a claim, that your voice, WHICH ONLY YOU CAN HEAR, is real and applies to everyone and the entire universe. What evidence do you have for this?

It doesn't apply to you, but it does to me...That is evidence for me. But past that let just ask a basic question of all of the Christians that lived and walk the earth, do you feel that they have under gone all of this scrutiny, the persecution etc. because of a belief they have no evidence in??? just yes or no

Yes, btw. Zero objective evidence.

I'm not saying your faith doesn't work for you or give you some comfort or whatever. Good for you. But the existence of a God is a fact about the universe. You have no evidence for a universal God. Just a voice in your head.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
24-03-2014, 10:42 AM
(24-03-2014 10:37 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:04 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Very Good Matthew 10: Jesus Christ is speaking about the coming day of Judgement...His future judgement. He is not talking about his physical reign. This would also bring into the discussion, just exactly what Christianity does. This is evident within a home of Non-Christians, and one of them accepts Christ. There have been instances where The families have divided over there beliefs. This is also a point of this scripture so you can take it too ways. But while on earth my original point, Christ was not hear to divide but certainly within the time not only was the roman empire divided over this Christ, but so where other nations....The ability to choose is what divides...The chose is what divided...The choice to choose Christ....thats the point

*their beliefs.

*here to divide

*that's the point

So, you admit that your delusions rend families apart. And that you think that that's a Good Thing. Thus you and your religion are morally bankrupt.

MY delusions??? I thought i said it was the choice that divides?? i thought i said that...but we can go back and forth in this way or we can choose to have an actual conversation its up too you....I'm not hear to keep arguing i would actual like to hear one of you guy's story for once
24-03-2014, 10:43 AM
(24-03-2014 10:34 AM)natachan Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:27 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  So basically what your telling me is I'm not allowed to tell you what I've experienced in my personal life?? I'm completely rationale to debate with all of you, and take your questions and answer them, yet i'm hallucinating about the holy spirit within my life...is that the size of it all??

Essentially.

I saw Jesus and talked to him as a kid. I don't take this as real nor do I expect anyone else to. I made it up. It was a hallucination. Not real. Just like my jackelope probably was.

does this speak for my experience as well???
24-03-2014, 10:43 AM
(24-03-2014 10:39 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:32 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  So not applicable because not your religion. Got it. So does that mean that the Catholics have it wrong and you've got it right?

edit: Just to clarify, when I say 'you', I don't just mean you specifically. I'm referring to anyone who believes in the exact same doctrine that you do.

This means that Catholics have killed before in the name of God. This is wrong and I will stand by that

God has killed, commanded killing, and sanctioned killing as a punishment for trivial offenses, all in the name of god (himself) - what is your friggin point? That you don't think killing is moral? Congrats - you are more godly to me than the christian god you speak of. TWIT!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
24-03-2014, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 10:46 AM by RobbyPants.)
(24-03-2014 10:20 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  So we can ask some very basic questions that are going to put us on opposite ends of the scale Am I assuming the holy spirit exists or am I claiming...your getting caught up in the words and ignoring the concept...My claim, the holy spirit exists, especially within my life...your claim no he doesn't....my claim....Yes he does...Where do you wanna go from here???

See, I'm going to stop you right there.

I am not claiming he doesn't exist. That is an unprovable statement. You assert he exists and must prove he exists. I'm asking you what evidence you have that he exists.

You don't have any. You have a (self admitted) claim. You can believe it all you want, but you're not giving me a compelling reason to believe.

(24-03-2014 10:20 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Nor is he speaking about his physical reign on earth, So what is your assertion of this scripture, I'm curious??

What's your proof that he is? He's giving them standing orders in how to proceed. He doesn't say anything about a final judgment. He's telling them what to do in the here and now (at the time it supposedly happened). There is no evidence he was talking about the future.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-03-2014, 10:44 AM
(24-03-2014 10:10 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 09:59 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Then how do you explain this?

http://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2009/0...g-a-child/

Sounds to me like the boy was saved. I don't know where your going with this or what this could prove or disprove...I guess your going to have to go into further detail about what your concluding about this photo....could this be evidence of God's existence/non-existence??? I don't think so

*you're

You claim that your "god" -- which you continue to neglect to demonstrate actually exists -- is "love". If such a thing were to exist, and if it were "love" then how could such a being allow children to be born anacephalic.

[Image: 11-2bl.jpg?resize=246%2C350]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-03-2014, 10:45 AM
(24-03-2014 10:35 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:00 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  Of course...This would be the evidence of the holy spirit.

You have neither defined nor provided evidence to support your assertion that such a thing exists.

Assertions presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Quote: Gods spirit living within a human being.

You must first demonstrate that such a thing exists, define "spirit", and demonstrate with evidence that such a thing possesses such a "spirit", and demonstrate the mechanism which you claim that this "spirit" can supposedly "live within a human being".

Assertions by fiat can be dismissed by fiat.

Quote: Every christian can tell you its there,

Argumentum ad Populum. Pay no attention to the Man Behind the Curtain. See the Cat? See the Cradle?

You seem to be ignorant of the fact that many who are here once held christian beliefs.

Quote: Everyone doesn't have it, I understand it may sound like bull crap, but just as sure I'm talking to you at this moment, He can do the same thing. This is my evidence....The Holy spirit

"I believe because I believe" is not evidence.

My claim...I believe Because I speak to God. What is your story??? My name is Dominique...what is yours??
24-03-2014, 10:45 AM
(24-03-2014 10:39 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:32 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  So not applicable because not your religion. Got it. So does that mean that the Catholics have it wrong and you've got it right?

edit: Just to clarify, when I say 'you', I don't just mean you specifically. I'm referring to anyone who believes in the exact same doctrine that you do.

This means that Catholics have killed before in the name of God. This is wrong and I will stand by that

And your particular denomination has never killed in the name of god? Or at least discriminate in his name?

And if god is so freaking great and powerful, why did he make an appearance 2000 years ago, only to leave his message in a cobbled together anthology that's been anonymously edited over and over? Can't he send a text message or email at this point? It seems kind of ridiculous that he can't or wont settle the debate. I mean, he loves us right? So he wouldn't want us to go to hell...so why doesn't he just show up and settle some of the issues at hand?

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 1 user Likes =jesse='s post
24-03-2014, 10:46 AM
(24-03-2014 10:36 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 10:31 AM)vin2890 Wrote:  It doesn't apply to you, but it does to me...That is evidence for me. But past that let just ask a basic question of all of the Christians that lived and walk the earth, do you feel that they have under gone all of this scrutiny, the persecution etc. because of a belief they have no evidence in??? just yes or no

Yes.

Faith = belief with no evidence. So, yes.

So All the people that have died/are dying....have done so with absolutely no evidence that God is real??
24-03-2014, 10:47 AM
(24-03-2014 10:36 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Does the devil use deception to communicate with humans?

Is the devil real??