Having fun with theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 04:33 PM
RE: Having fun with theists
(29-01-2014 04:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 04:22 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  I got yelled at, reported, and unfriended...which is fine. Then a few people asked me to stop, to which I responded "why don't you pray for me to stop?" and all hell broke loose...was a great day Heart

I envy all the fun you're having. Speaking of prayer I saw the following sign outside a church nearby, I'll take a pic as soon as I pray the roads to thaw out from the recent ice storm.

"Pray so that that you may know what to pray for"

FFS

At one point, I was afraid to admin I was atheist...but today I've learned to use it to my advantage. Either way, some of these Christians have never experienced even the faintest mention of the possibility of their whole life and way of viewing the world being a sham~so knowing I could put that idea somewhere in the back of their minds puts a smile on my face.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Well OBVIOUSLY the test is flawed. You put Ra before Jebus!

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

It probably works if you do it the other way around
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
29-01-2014, 06:28 PM
(29-01-2014 06:14 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Well OBVIOUSLY the test is flawed. You put Ra before Jebus!

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

It probably works if you do it the other way around

LOL, hmmm...Jebus test, take 2? We shall see

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
29-01-2014, 08:01 PM
You could always throw this at them too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health...d=all&_r=0

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-01-2014, 08:33 AM
(29-01-2014 04:22 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  I'm pretty sure I've done something along those lines as well...and it makes perfect sense~unless you're a theist. In that case, it's an insane way of looking at it Huh I got yelled at, reported, and unfriended...which is fine. Then a few people asked me to stop, to which I responded "why don't you pray for me to stop?" and all hell broke loose...was a great day Heart

Yeah, I've been defriended for telling someone it's horrible that God would send anyone to hell for any reason. This happened after a conversation that started with her complaining about all the gay acceptance on TV.

Can't say I miss all of her posts.
30-01-2014, 08:41 AM
(30-01-2014 08:33 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 04:22 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  I'm pretty sure I've done something along those lines as well...and it makes perfect sense~unless you're a theist. In that case, it's an insane way of looking at it Huh I got yelled at, reported, and unfriended...which is fine. Then a few people asked me to stop, to which I responded "why don't you pray for me to stop?" and all hell broke loose...was a great day Heart

Yeah, I've been defriended for telling someone it's horrible that God would send anyone to hell for any reason. This happened after a conversation that started with her complaining about all the gay acceptance on TV.

Aww, you don't miss her posts? Tongue I'll admit, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE when they post their Jebus bullshit or ask for prayers. If they are going to be the ones to mention religion and throw it out there, I feel like that's my welcome to tell them how I feel about their posts and their religion. Doesn't exactly make me any great friends, but religion will never fall apart if all of the atheists keep their mouths shut. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes kellyrm's post
30-01-2014, 08:53 AM
(30-01-2014 08:41 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:33 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yeah, I've been defriended for telling someone it's horrible that God would send anyone to hell for any reason. This happened after a conversation that started with her complaining about all the gay acceptance on TV.

Aww, you don't miss her posts? Tongue I'll admit, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE when they post their Jebus bullshit or ask for prayers. If they are going to be the ones to mention religion and throw it out there, I feel like that's my welcome to tell them how I feel about their posts and their religion. Doesn't exactly make me any great friends, but religion will never fall apart if all of the atheists keep their mouths shut. Big Grin

You are a real firecracker - keep up the fight!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
30-01-2014, 08:54 AM
(30-01-2014 08:53 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:41 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  Aww, you don't miss her posts? Tongue I'll admit, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE when they post their Jebus bullshit or ask for prayers. If they are going to be the ones to mention religion and throw it out there, I feel like that's my welcome to tell them how I feel about their posts and their religion. Doesn't exactly make me any great friends, but religion will never fall apart if all of the atheists keep their mouths shut. Big Grin

You are a real firecracker - keep up the fight!

well thanks Smile Facebook is already alive with debate today...and it is wonderful Thumbsup

30-01-2014, 08:56 AM
(29-01-2014 04:22 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  I got yelled at, reported, and unfriended...which is fine. Then a few people asked me to stop, to which I responded "why don't you pray for me to stop?" and all hell broke loose...was a great day Heart

So much win. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-01-2014, 11:56 AM
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics...stest.html

There's a link that a theist friend sent me...who knew a 15 second internet quiz could tell me I'm not really atheist! It's a good thing some of these people aren't within arm's reach of me!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)