Having to Confess to Toastmasters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2013, 04:14 PM

Having to Confess to Toastmasters
There's a lot of Christians in our club and one atheist. I've been approached to be president, so I sent the current senior member an e-mail stating that I would like to be, but I think she needs to realize I'm not a Christian but New Age, and that I do astrology and dreams, and I sent her a link to my website.

I just don't want there to be any misleading, because I recently did a speech contest on Easter where I talked about Jesus rising from the tomb, and I think a lot of people came to think I was a Christian--one of them, so t speak.

Our club has blacks, whites, Indians (dot and feather), an atheist...me. It's pretty eclectic. If they want me to be President, I just want them to know that comes with a fair amount of woo.

I just don't want to be the president and then have everyone regret it because I'm different and they may not have known it. Don't you think that's the right thing to do before accepting a nomination?

Now, back to bass practice. I'm learning "Lido Shuffle" by Boz Scaggs. Cool
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: Having to Confess to Toastmasters
(03-06-2013 04:14 PM)Egor Wrote:  There's a lot of Christians in our club and one atheist. I've been approached to be president, so I sent the current senior member an e-mail stating that I would like to be, but I think she needs to realize I'm not a Christian but New Age, and that I do astrology and dreams, and I sent her a link to my website.

I just don't want there to be any misleading, because I recently did a speech contest on Easter where I talked about Jesus rising from the tomb, and I think alot of people came to think I was a Christian--one of them, so t speak.

Our club has blacks, whites, indians (dot and feather), an atheist...me. It's pretty eclectic. If they want me to be President, I just want them to know that comes with a fair amount of woo.

I just don't want to be the president and then have everyone regret it because I'm different and they may not have known it. Don't you think that's the right thing to do before accepting a nomination?

Now, back to bass practice. I'm learning "Lido Shuffle" by Boz Scaggs. Cool

Well Good Luck with it, hope they don't take your mystic stuff against you since that doesn't seem to be what the club is about (it's a drinking club right I honestly don't know). Probably was a good idea to get that out in front and deal with it now rather than have a bunch of hurt feelings and toes stepped on.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 04:42 PM
...dot and feathers...really?

Oh FFS.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
03-06-2013, 05:45 PM
There is only one type of "indian", Egor, and they are from India. Those who were native to the americas are Native American.

It's pretty fuckin' simple. And now you've got my post-workout hormones raging. Dodgy

Fucking christ; why is he still here? Why are any of them still here?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2013, 05:51 PM
(03-06-2013 05:45 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  There is only one type of "indian", Egor, and they are from India. Those who were native to the americas are Native American.

It's pretty fuckin' simple. And now you've got my post-workout hormones raging. Dodgy

Fucking christ; why is he still here? Why are any of them still here?

Careful Miso, he feeds on your hatred. Evil_monster

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
03-06-2013, 07:44 PM
maybe you could have everyone do a biographical speech and you can explain your woo all out in the open to them.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Feathers?
Really?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
03-06-2013, 08:31 PM
(03-06-2013 04:14 PM)Egor Wrote:  Our club has blacks, whites, indians (dot and feather), an atheist...me.

Oh. You're in a club and it has people in it. That's nice.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
03-06-2013, 09:07 PM
This sounds rather similar to a little girl having a tea party with her dolls.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
03-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Nach...you mean an imaginary party with imaginary guests?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post