Having to Confess to Toastmasters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Having to Confess to Toastmasters
Ummmmm....not...Christian??? No comprendo!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Having to Confess to Toastmasters
Going back to your original post, I doubt you need to tell anyone you are 'different'. At least a couple of them probably figured that out.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-06-2013, 09:16 PM
(03-06-2013 09:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Nach...you mean an imaginary party with imaginary guests?

exactly Hobo

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
03-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Wait, you believe in astrology? Seriously? Dude, that is fucking embarrasing.

I would correct you, but I am not sure you would gain anything from me doing that myself.

Do some reading. It has been proved a pseudoscience, long before I was even born.

Try not to believe in things that are provably false, its a bit sad really, like Alchemy for example.

Religion, rather than acting as a symbol of truth or justice, merely acts as a symbol of human gullibility and stupidity. Surely no race of beings with any real intelligence would concoct such drivel.
[+] 1 user Likes Prometheus762's post
03-06-2013, 11:34 PM

(03-06-2013 04:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well Good Luck with it, hope they don't take your mystic stuff against you since that doesn't seem to be what the club is about (it's a drinking club right I honestly don't know). Probably was a good idea to get that out in front and deal with it now rather than have a bunch of hurt feelings and toes stepped on.

Thanks. Actually, just for the record, it's a public speaking club.

(03-06-2013 05:45 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  There is only one type of "indian", Egor, and they are from India. Those who were native to the americas are Native American.

It's pretty fuckin' simple. And now you've got my post-workout hormones raging. Dodgy

Fucking christ; why is he still here? Why are any of them still here?

My wife is a Cherokee Indian. She's a member of the Cherokee Nation, in fact. The term "Dot not Feather" is a humorous line Robin Williams says in the movie, "Good Will Hunting," one of our favorite movies. My wife knows she's a "Native American" but she also considers herself a Cherokee Indian.

So...STFU Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 11:41 PM

(03-06-2013 07:44 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  maybe you could have everyone do a biographical speech and you can explain your woo all out in the open to them.

Well, I couldn't do that unless I was the president, and Toastmasters already requires that people do an "Icebreaker" speech where they talk about themselves. But I'm an Avanced Toastmaster (silver award), so I'm beyond that speech, and in fact, that's probably why they want me to take over as president even though we're new to the club.

(03-06-2013 08:31 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Oh. You're in a club and it has people in it. That's nice.

We're members of two art leagues as well. I just recently did the photos for the newspaper for one of the art shows. Imagine that.

(03-06-2013 10:06 PM)Prometheus762 Wrote:  Wait, you believe in astrology? Seriously? Dude, that is fucking embarrasing.

Bite me.

Quote:I would correct you, but I am not sure you would gain anything from me doing that myself.

Do some reading. It has been proved a pseudoscience, long before I was even born.

Astrology isn't science. So why should I care? It's not pseudoscience either. It's not science at all.

Quote:Try not to believe in things that are provably false, its a bit sad really, like Alchemy for example.

I've said it a million times, I'll say it again...bite me. Cool
03-06-2013, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 12:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-06-2013 11:41 PM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:Try not to believe in things that are provably false, its a bit sad really, like Alchemy for example.

I've said it a million times, I'll say it again...bite me. Cool

Bite me ? STFU ?
I wish I could go to Toastmasters and learn to do those clever retorts.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-06-2013, 12:58 AM

(03-06-2013 11:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 11:41 PM)Egor Wrote:  I've said it a million times, I'll say it again...bite me. Cool

Bite me ? STFU ?
I wish I could go to Toastmasters and learn to do those clever retorts.

I have to let my alter ego, Jack, express my feelings toward you on this one:

04-06-2013, 06:07 AM
(03-06-2013 04:14 PM)Egor Wrote:  Our club has blacks, whites, Indians (dot and feather), an atheist...me

Egor, don't you know that atheists are the scum of the earth? Aimless, hateful people with no morals? And now you've become a heathen?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-06-2013, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 09:16 AM by DeepThought.)
Some of you guys haven't heard of toastmasters international?

It's an organisation or club that provides free training for pubic speaking. There is one in almost every major city around many parts of the world.

I've been once. Didn't have the balls to go back Big Grin

Its not super scary, though I didn't have a need for it at the time. Maybe I'll go back some time soon since I'll have to do presentations for some of my subjects this semester. It can't hurt to practice and get some objective feedback.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss