Having to Confess to Toastmasters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 09:16 AM
RE: Having to Confess to Toastmasters
Deep, the existence of Toastmasters really isn't the issue here...I believe it exists.

It's the other crap that questionable.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 10:10 AM
(04-06-2013 09:16 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Deep, the existence of Toastmasters really isn't the issue here...I believe it exists.

It's the other crap that questionable.

Yeah, I didn't read several of the latest comments when I posted that.

I for one beleive him in this. He has shown that he can present himself quite well. If you have seen his youtube videos you will see what I mean.

I don't see why he would have reason to lie about it. He is also a reasonably skillful writer. There isn't any reason not to beleive it.

The astrology stuff though, that's a different matter.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
04-06-2013, 10:12 AM
I don't understand the reason for a remark bordering on racism or the reason to 'confess' to being an atheist*.

*this week

04-06-2013, 10:19 AM
So this toastmasters is a public speaking thing?
I assume then that people are given a topic and as president Egor would have some control of that topic?

God help those poor people.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
04-06-2013, 10:20 AM
(04-06-2013 10:12 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't understand the reason for a remark bordering on racism or the reason to 'confess' to being an atheist*.

*this week

I think your all taking that 1 throwaway comment a little far as, and he did mention this, it is a movie quote. I have even used that phrase before and don't consider it to be that racist. If he had thrown out the N word or Chink or something like that then yeah pile on him but this, it's an overreaction and really just shows him that negative attention is all he is ever going to get. The only reason I responded to this , when I almost never post in Egor's trolling threads, is because he wants views and responses and if we give more to his positive posts and less to his negative ones maybe he will straighten up.

As for Toastmasters I had heard of it before but it has been a long time. By the name I thought it had something to do with wine tasting.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Positive reinforcement has been tried...

And go back and read the OP..."we have blacks, whites, Indians, and atheists".

When the hell did Atheism become a race?

If he wants to excel at speech making...perhaps looking at details like that could help.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-06-2013, 10:49 AM
(04-06-2013 10:20 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 10:12 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't understand the reason for a remark bordering on racism or the reason to 'confess' to being an atheist*.

*this week

I think your all taking that 1 throwaway comment a little far as, and he did mention this, it is a movie quote. I have even used that phrase before and don't consider it to be that racist. If he had thrown out the N word or Chink or something like that then yeah pile on him but this, it's an overreaction and really just shows him that negative attention is all he is ever going to get. The only reason I responded to this , when I almost never post in Egor's trolling threads, is because he wants views and responses and if we give more to his positive posts and less to his negative ones maybe he will straighten up.

As for Toastmasters I had heard of it before but it has been a long time. By the name I thought it had something to do with wine tasting.

If your goal with Toastmasters is to be a good speaker there are couple of things to consider...one would be your audience....what their buzzwords are may not be the same as yours. You are speaking to them, their perceptions matter.

The other big thing is that if you have to come back later to explain a 'joke" it didn't work. If you have to come back and explain a pop culture reference...again, see the first suggestion...you really should know your audience.

Perhaps that isn't positive enough but it is input that could be used to refine the skill of public speaking.

04-06-2013, 11:08 AM

(04-06-2013 10:10 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Yeah, I didn't read several of the latest comments when I posted that.

I for one beleive him in this. He has shown that he can present himself quite well. If you have seen his youtube videos you will see what I mean.

I don't see why he would have reason to lie about it. He is also a reasonably skillful writer. There isn't any reason not to beleive it.

The astrology stuff though, that's a different matter.

Thanks, DT. Bowing

*this week

[Image: 76.gif]

(04-06-2013 10:20 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I think your all taking that 1 throwaway comment a little far as, and he did mention this, it is a movie quote. I have even used that phrase before and don't consider it to be that racist.

You're right, it's not racist. I'm not sure how one could even construe that as racist, Unless simply recognizing a difference between American Indians and Asian Indians is racist.

Quote: If he had thrown out the N word or Chink or something like that then yeah pile on him but this, it's an overreaction and really just shows him that negative attention is all he is ever going to get. The only reason I responded to this , when I almost never post in Egor's trolling threads, is because he wants views and responses and if we give more to his positive posts and less to his negative ones maybe he will straighten up.

In what way do you think I should straighten up? Be less of a prick? What about the folks that are pricks to me for no reason? I'm not just going to roll over for them.

(04-06-2013 10:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  When the hell did Atheism become a race?

It's not; it's a handicap.
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm sure you'll do fine in the role, and if religion is an inhibitor to acceptance that's not the way things should be. Good luck with smoothing over any surprise you might encounter. Hopefully it's a non issue.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
04-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Having to Confess to Toastmasters
Did I miss the memo? Egor is in his atheist phase now?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post