Having to Confess to Toastmasters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: Having to Confess to Toastmasters
(03-06-2013 11:34 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 04:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well Good Luck with it, hope they don't take your mystic stuff against you since that doesn't seem to be what the club is about (it's a drinking club right I honestly don't know). Probably was a good idea to get that out in front and deal with it now rather than have a bunch of hurt feelings and toes stepped on.

Thanks. Actually, just for the record, it's a public speaking club.

(03-06-2013 05:45 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  There is only one type of "indian", Egor, and they are from India. Those who were native to the americas are Native American.

It's pretty fuckin' simple. And now you've got my post-workout hormones raging. Dodgy

Fucking christ; why is he still here? Why are any of them still here?

My wife is a Cherokee Indian. She's a member of the Cherokee Nation, in fact. The term "Dot not Feather" is a humorous line Robin Williams says in the movie, "Good Will Hunting," one of our favorite movies. My wife knows she's a "Native American" but she also considers herself a Cherokee Indian.

So...STFU Dodgy

If your wife's not from India, she's not a fuckin' indian. Unless we're all adopting new fancy names for our nations of origin. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 06:00 PM

(04-06-2013 01:52 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  I'm sure you'll do fine in the role, and if religion is an inhibitor to acceptance that's not the way things should be. Good luck with smoothing over any surprise you might encounter. Hopefully it's a non issue.

I talked to some of the prominent members, and they don't have a problem with it. So, I feel quite relieved that I should be able to do it without causing any problems. The New Age doesn't really seek to convert anyway. We tend to think people have their own life path to walk, and it shouldn't be interfered with. [Image: 31%20(1).gif]

Thanks, Hafnof.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
04-06-2013, 06:03 PM

(04-06-2013 02:30 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Did I miss the memo? Egor is in his atheist phase now?

No atheist phase. I'm just not a Christian. Reflecting now, I wonder if I ever was one. [Image: jpshakehead.gif]
04-06-2013, 06:06 PM

(04-06-2013 04:34 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  If your wife's not from India, she's not a fuckin' indian. Unless we're all adopting new fancy names for our nations of origin. Drinking Beverage

Moron. [Image: stupid.gif]
04-06-2013, 06:19 PM

As for KC taking back his rep points: Sorry man, I can't be a wuss.

But at least I'm not the kind of person to take away rep points from someone who hasn't even done anything to me. The last words we spoke were friendly--until you snagged your rep points back. I think people like that in the world make it a truly sucky place to be. And people like you are freakin everywhere.

I have never dissed anyone in this forum who didn't do it to me first.
04-06-2013, 07:22 PM
(04-06-2013 06:06 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 04:34 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  If your wife's not from India, she's not a fuckin' indian. Unless we're all adopting new fancy names for our nations of origin. Drinking Beverage

Moron. [Image: stupid.gif]

Moronic would be calling myself an "American australian", despite the fact that I've never had a fucking thing to do with Australia.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2013, 07:39 PM
I removed the neg rep point I gave you a long time ago. I am hurt that you didn't even notice.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
04-06-2013, 07:52 PM
(04-06-2013 06:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  I have never dissed anyone in this forum who didn't do it to me first.

Uh huh. Dodgy
Well, I've only heard of "Toastmasters" but know nothing about it - it sounds instructive and if it floats one's boat... hey, have a good time.

Consider I don't know that there would be any big deal about anyone being an atheist or theist - I mean, isn't it just some speaking class kind of thing?

By the way, as a "new age spiritualist" Egor, you do have some kind of belief. You most certainly are not a skeptic and according to only you, atheist means you don't think there's a supernatural being but you do think there is supernatural stuff. I realize you've struggled but still, that's not really being an atheist. You've simply shifted belief from supernatural deity to supernatural mind stuff.

Anyway, have fun Toastmastering. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-06-2013, 07:53 PM
(04-06-2013 06:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  But at least I'm not the kind of person to take away rep points from someon who hasn't even done anything to me. The last words we spoke were friendly--until you snagged your rep points back. I think people like that in the world make it a truly sucky place to be. And people like you are freakin everywhere.

I have never dissed anyone in this forum who didn't do it to me first.

I think people like that in the world make it a truly sucky place to be. And people like you are freakin everywhere.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:I have never dissed anyone in this forum who didn't do it to me first.

What a crock of shit!
Just the last page you said all atheist's are handicapped...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post