He Speaks! Doomsday prophet, followers ‘flabbergasted’ world didn’t end

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2011, 11:15 AM

He Speaks! Doomsday prophet, followers ‘flabbergasted’ world didn’t end
By Liz Goodwin

It's hard to feel bad for someone whose doomsday predictions caused so much anxiety, but 89-year-old Harold Camping's recent admission that he's "flabbergasted" the world didn't end last weekend sounds somewhat pitiful.

"It has been a really tough weekend," Camping said Sunday, after emerging from his Alameda, California home for the first time to talk to a reporter from the San Francisco Chronicle. "I'm looking for answers ... But now I have nothing else to say," he said, adding that he would make a full statement today. (Full Article)

Yeah, he has nothing else to say. Until a few years down the road when he thinks everyone's forgotten he talked bull years ago. As in the 90's and now 2011.

I'd like to own the company that leased those 2000 billboards to his group. Pay me! Tongue (Before May 21st tyvm Wink )
Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 11:30 AM
RE: He Speaks! Doomsday prophet, followers ‘flabbergasted’ world didn’t end
Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

I wouldn't want to be him right now.

Why won't God heal amputees?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm curios how he'll save his image , but if it worked in 1998 and now 2011 it will probably work in the future , which is just damn sad.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
23-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Zechariah 13:3 If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.

Too bad the OT doesn't seem to mention what to do if both parents are dead.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
23-05-2011, 11:44 AM
(23-05-2011 11:41 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I'm curios how he'll save his image , but if it worked in 1998 and now 2011 it will probably work in the future , which is just damn sad.

Perhaps we should get in there before him...*calculates future bank balance*

Why won't God heal amputees?
23-05-2011, 12:58 PM

(23-05-2011 11:44 AM)Efrx86 Wrote:  Zechariah 13:3 If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.

Too bad the OT doesn't seem to mention what to do if both parents are dead.

Family Radio You know his website, at the very bottom of the homepage, has a "Guest Book" icon . I think it's the first round button on the left. You could always share that verse with him, just to let him know he's not fooling anyone.
You don't have to register and of course, fake names do just fine. Wink

After all, he's an "uncertified" Fundamentalist Minister. He proves it, with robust frequency. Tongue It's a great thing that now that part is included in most of these follow up articles about his false prophecy. Maybe people who developed a bit of common sense and self-respect after taking him seriously now know better, and shall once they realize he's just a crack pot with a penchant for leading the gullible.
Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2011 01:18 PM by Efrx86.)
That website is so damn flawed. The comments box on the guest book only accepts 10 characters, not 1000 like it should lol. It looks like it was designed and coded by a 10-year-old in 1994. You'd figure that with all the money Camping gets from gullible bastards his followers and with the huge amount of radio stations FR has, they'd at least hire a half-decent web designer and keep the website up to date with contemporary WWW standards, or hell even migrate to some third-party blogging website like Blogger or Wordpress. The guest book does block out profanity though so I had to leave it at "You liars!", which is kinda weak.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.