'nuff said...

[Image: adbd161f93ad308ca7293582ff654674402430f2...dcab23.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
09-11-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: He boiled for your sins...
I ate that god

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
09-11-2013, 01:08 AM
The funny part for me is that I use words like noodlyness in rl conversation all the time.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
09-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Pah. We should all praise the stars who died so we could live.
09-11-2013, 01:35 AM
When Christians tell me I'm an atheist because I hate God, I correct them; I'm an atheist because I ate God. Why would I hate something that tasted so good? Wasn't a fan of the sauce, though.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
09-11-2013, 01:36 AM
http://www.icr.org/article/786/
Your God is Hydrogen ??

Why is it that all religious attempts at mocking Atheists just makes them look desperate and stupid.
Obviously its not like wise or they wouldn't be so upset about Atheist truthaganda

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
09-11-2013, 10:25 AM
(09-11-2013 01:36 AM)sporehux Wrote:  http://www.icr.org/article/786/
Your God is Hydrogen ??

Ugh.... really?

There is one thing the author of this "article" is has quasi-right. In a lot of people's efforts to save some semblance of "god" while looking into the nature of reality, often they end up with, at best, noting "god" as the actual physics of the universe itself, in this very deistic way. By then they don't really believe it anymore, and certainly don't believe in a theistic "god". But it takes half a second of reflection on this new concept of "god" as simply the physics, and fundamental properties of the universe, to realize you are just taking something that is real, and attaching a label to it, that has nothing to do with that label itself, in a selfish effort the be able to still say "I believe in god", when you don't. And with that last ditch effort to save a "god" concept, it then vanishes.

They are so stuck on the inconceivability of not believing in "god" that they can't even imagine someone, who is not even themselves, not believing in "god". And in an effort to make sense of something they can't wrap their mind around, they say ridiculous things like "your God is Hydrogen". They think they mock us by saying things like this, but they are really mocking their ridiculous dependence on their own delusion, so much so that they can't even let go of it for others, and must still find a way to impose their world view on us, and fit it in.

P.S. sporehux, as of right now you have had exactly 666 post. Coincidence?...I think not...

09-11-2013, 10:27 AM
(09-11-2013 01:36 AM)sporehux Wrote:  http://www.icr.org/article/786/
Your God is Hydrogen ??

Why is it that all religious attempts at mocking Atheists just makes them look desperate and stupid.
Obviously its not like wise or they wouldn't be so upset about Atheist truthaganda

At least we can inhale, touch and have proof of hydrogen's existence. The same can't be said for the Judeo-Christian god.
09-11-2013, 01:33 PM
(09-11-2013 01:05 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I ate that god

Yeah, so did I. He tasted much better than the god that I ate at communion when I was a kid.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
11-11-2013, 01:16 PM
(09-11-2013 01:36 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Why is it that all religious attempts at mocking Atheists just makes them look desperate and stupid.

Because a huge part of their world view involves believing that their all merciful god would sentence people to be tortured for infinity years. They need to create a way to get that to make sense, and that typically involves vilifying anyone who's going to hell. Combine that with the fact that the world view doesn't particularly make sense, and you end up with some rather bad humor on the topic.