He contradicts himself a lot.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2017, 01:09 PM
He contradicts himself a lot.
I won't say how I got introduced to this, as I might be giving people a clue to my real identity. If you have time and want to hear a pastor contradict himself and seemingly not get the irony, then follow this link.God:god

To me, he talks more like he is a deist, not a theist. Let me know your thoughts. This is a long one if you listen to all the parts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2017, 01:31 PM
RE: He contradicts himself a lot.
When the foundations of your argument are based on lies, and you are forced to maintain cognitive dissonance and use fallacious arguments to maintain your position, then of course you will contradict yourself constantly. You couldn't avoid that if you tried.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
21-08-2017, 02:40 PM
(21-08-2017 01:09 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I won't say how I got introduced to this, as I might be giving people a clue to my real identity. If you have time and want to hear a pastor contradict himself and seemingly not get the irony, then follow this link.God:god

Unfortunately, there's no way I'd waste 39 minutes of my life watching the linked video. I long ago gave up the masochistic, brain-cell-killing exercise of listening to ill-educated, gullible, and bigoted preachers of religion.

Any chance of a brief synopsis? Consider

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
21-08-2017, 02:54 PM
SYZ, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I'd settle for the top five or spots in the timeline. I'll give it five minutes for curiosity's sake. But not 39. Birdguy, what are the highlights? Or lowlights, as the case may be.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
21-08-2017, 03:12 PM
(21-08-2017 02:54 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  SYZ, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I'd settle for the top five or spots in the timeline. I'll give it five minutes for curiosity's sake. But not 39. Birdguy, what are the highlights? Or lowlights, as the case may be.

Well, he wanted everyone to throw away their childhood gods. Basically the beliefs we are all taught at a young age about a loving god that brings dignity to everyone. The idea of a god that answers prayers or even cares. Then he has everyone pray at the end to a god that supposedly doesn't give a shit. It is so laughable, yet people seem to eat it up. There is a quote from I think Hitchens maybe about If god is aware of evil, but unable to do anything about it, or aware and doesn't give a damn, or is completely unaware, then why call he/she/it god? Yet he seems to somehow believe what he is saying, even though he completely contradicts it. God is supposedly all seeing and all knowing and all loving, yet could not give less of a shit.
21-08-2017, 03:14 PM
I think it is the second video that he talks about losing your childhood ideas of god. It almost started laughing, but it was a muffled snort. My wife wouldn't like me laughing out loud about my thoughts on it.
21-08-2017, 03:34 PM
39 minutes is just the tip of the iceberg. There are five pages of that drek. 39 minutes is just part 1 of 6. Weeping

12 minutes in and he hasn't made a meaningful point. Yup, that's a sermon. Facepalm

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
21-08-2017, 03:36 PM
And in that first 12 minutes, has he contradicted himself? I am pretty sure it didn't take 12 minutes for the first time.
21-08-2017, 03:39 PM
(21-08-2017 03:12 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 02:54 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  SYZ, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Well, he wanted everyone to throw away their childhood gods. Basically the beliefs we are all taught at a young age about a loving god that brings dignity to everyone. The idea of a god that answers prayers or even cares. Then he has everyone pray at the end to a god that supposedly doesn't give a shit. It is so laughable, yet people seem to eat it up. There is a quote from I think Hitchens maybe about If god is aware of evil, but unable to do anything about it, or aware and doesn't give a damn, or is completely unaware, then why call he/she/it god? Yet he seems to somehow believe what he is saying, even though he completely contradicts it. God is supposedly all seeing and all knowing and all loving, yet could not give less of a shit.

So he wants us to pray to a meaningless and irrelevant god? I get the impression that he hasn't thought this all the way through.

"Let's discard all the contradictory and horrible parts of Christianity and pray to... er.. um... Hey! Look over there!"

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
21-08-2017, 03:49 PM

THe highlights: Several different people wrote books about religion is no longer relevant, in fact it is a great part of the problem and people believed them and bought their books. I got that much out of the first 14 minutes before I had to run to the bathroom and fight with my gag reflex.