He-man Woman Haters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2014, 07:52 PM
RE: He-man Woman Haters
It seems like this thread is missing something... Oh yeah! Al Bundy Big Grin

[Image: nomaam2.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
09-09-2014, 07:55 PM
(09-09-2014 07:00 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 06:32 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Not much has changed for some women.

[Image: 200px-House_Aprons_and_Caps.jpg]

I always hate how everything Martha Stewart does is so damn perfect. My house is a mess most of the time. Go away Martha.

[Image: 2012-martha-stewart-400.jpg]

I bet her prison cell was real spiffy too! Tongue

Probably had one of these over the toilet paper roll on her toilet/sink/extra chair combo.

[Image: janet-tame-doll-1.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
09-09-2014, 07:56 PM
[Image: R9dKQ.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 13 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-09-2014, 08:04 PM

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-09-2014, 08:32 PM
(09-09-2014 07:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 07:00 PM)pablo Wrote:  I bet her prison cell was real spiffy too! Tongue

Probably had one of these over the toilet paper roll on her toilet/sink/extra chair combo.

[Image: janet-tame-doll-1.jpg]

I could post an "I hate Martha Stewart thread" and fill it up fast with idiot stuff she does. From overly complicated cooking to organizing every inch of every part of her life which seems to include alphabetizing, color coordinating and some sort of dewey decimal system for her chickens.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-09-2014, 12:28 AM
(09-09-2014 06:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  hmmmm lets see i came home from work, went to the gym for 2 hours, slapped a little sand on the "sculpture" Unsure then came home, showered, while the wife made me dinner, then I cleaned the kitchen, took out the trash and cleaned/stocked the bathrooms...am I whipped or just love my wife enough to not buy into chauvinistic perspectives?

Consider

Meh, works for me, happy wife happy life Big Grin

I was once told that doing those sorts of things is why my ex cheated on me. Dodgy

Of course, if I did the opposite, people would think I'm an asshole.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 05:30 AM
My husband did the laundry and the shopping (with list and cell phone). I did the cooking, we shared the dishes and cleaning. I made the money and bounced my ideas off him. I decided when, where and which house to build, he supervised the workers. I designed the interior and the landscaping, he made it happen. I managed the money flow, he managed the household. I facilitated his dream of having farm animals, he facilitated my travels.

And so on. We shared everything, each doing what they liked best, we were a good match that way. Most importantly, we supported each other in endeavors the other had no interest in at all.

This allowed both of us to grow in whatever direction and that makes a real partnership for life - we had each other's back in whatever, and never once did one of us stand in the way of anything the other wanted to do.

To me, that is the actual purpose of marriage - forming a team you can always count on. Too many times people confuse sexual attraction with love and marry on the base of that, and then spend their time arguing about everything. Sexual attraction is not a good base for a permanent relationship.

My grandma was barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen and in the fields. She had no rights and considered herself lucky that grandpa only hit her twice early in their marriage until she towed the line. She raised 11 children. The children had to work the farm. When my mom got an offer to go to college because she was very gifted in math (and stipends at that time almost never went to women, you had to be a shining star) gramps forbid it because he needed her in the fields. She never lived that one down.

My mom's marriage was a good one for the times, but she was trapped without any options. The only jobs available to women were secretary or nurse. So she stayed home and raised kids, managed the household and kept everything spotless. No other choices. Even if she had made it to college, there would have been only teaching jobs for her, no company would hire women in an intellectual capacity.

It's come a very long way from that, and I am fully aware of how much I have benefited from women's lib. I still ran into a lot of crap - like when I tried to rent a floor sander and was refused everywhere because women can't run heavy machinery and renting to me was too big of a risk. But sexist attitudes also worked for me in business, people constantly underestimated me and I made good use of that and left competitors in the dust.

It's kind of disappointing to see the young generations take it all for granted and giving feminism such a bad name. One week in my grandma's shoes would likely cure that for good.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 13 users Like Dom's post
10-09-2014, 06:11 AM
(09-09-2014 07:41 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 07:15 PM)wazzel Wrote:  I do not know if I am the right person to evaluate that. I do lots of cooking and cleaning around the house. I am not much on gender based roles on house work. It is just things that needs to be done around the house.

absolutely. I hate doing laundry, and rather enjoy doing dishes, she hates doing dishes, and doesn't mind doing laundry. It works Big Grin
There is really no house work I will not do. I just look at it as things that need doing and don't worry about liking it or not. There are some things I will not do, mostly it is taking care of the animals I did not want. But that is a story onto itself.
10-09-2014, 06:20 AM
Normally my boyfriend (Near) and I have a fairly equal relationship. We would both work, do chores, and cook.

Since I'm on "rest" now he carries a much larger load all while still working. Does a lot of the cooking and cleaning and such. I'm really very lucky hes so amazing. He doesn't complain when he has every reason to. Makes me feel bad actually.... Sad
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
10-09-2014, 10:50 AM
(10-09-2014 12:28 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 06:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  hmmmm lets see i came home from work, went to the gym for 2 hours, slapped a little sand on the "sculpture" Unsure then came home, showered, while the wife made me dinner, then I cleaned the kitchen, took out the trash and cleaned/stocked the bathrooms...am I whipped or just love my wife enough to not buy into chauvinistic perspectives?

Consider

Meh, works for me, happy wife happy life Big Grin

I was once told that doing those sorts of things is why my ex cheated on me. Dodgy

Of course, if I did the opposite, people would think I'm an asshole.

Because you would be. She didn't cheat on you because you helped her with the housework... She cheated on you because she was an asshole.
[+] 6 users Like Flowergurl's post