He's Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2015, 06:47 PM
He's Dead
So, there's a neighbor who was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver a few years ago. I just found out today that he died in the hospital. He was in his late 40's early 50's. Even with the cirrhosis, he went full steam ahead with heavy drinking. Most of the time he would hang out with us, he would always drink to excess and cause trouble.

On the rare occasions he was sober, he was a pretty nice guy. But, the things I most remember him by are all the asshole things he did while drunk, which was most of the time he hung out with us.

Fuck it. He's dead. He don't give a shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: He's Dead
What a waste of a life...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
16-03-2015, 07:05 PM
(16-03-2015 06:47 PM)TheBear Wrote:  So, there's a neighbor who was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver a few years ago. I just found out today that he died in the hospital. He was in his late 40's early 50's. Even with the cirrhosis, he went full steam ahead with heavy drinking. Most of the time he would hang out with us, he would always drink to excess and cause trouble.

On the rare occasions he was sober, he was a pretty nice guy. But, the things I most remember him by are all the asshole things he did while drunk, which was most of the time he hung out with us.

Fuck it. He's dead. He don't give a shit.

My second boyfriend was a real asshat. He died, I wasn't sad exactly more disappointed he just couldn't get his life together.

I was sad for his parents (especially his mother).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-03-2015, 07:20 PM
He was an addict. There is no help for them if they don't want it. It's a sad story that happens too often.
[+] 7 users Like pablo's post
16-03-2015, 07:30 PM
I found out this morning that a guy I knew back in HS died. He was a nice guy. Was a good friend of my boyfriend at the time. He became a dentist and bought my dad's office building years ago. He had been living in Hawaii for the last several years...fixing teeth and making music - an exceptional musician as were many in his family.

Dead at this desk after seeing a couple of patients. My old boyfriend said there is going to be an autopsy...kind of weird...have been feeling kind of off all day over it.

Death - makes you stop and think - Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
16-03-2015, 07:35 PM
(16-03-2015 07:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I found out this morning that a guy I knew back in HS died. He was a nice guy. Was a good friend of my boyfriend at the time. He became a dentist and bought my dad's office building years ago. He had been living in Hawaii for the last several years...fixing teeth and making music - an exceptional musician as were many in his family.

Dead at this desk after seeing a couple of patients. My old boyfriend said there is going to be an autopsy...kind of weird...have been feeling kind of off all day over it.

Death - makes you stop and think - Undecided

It does, sorry Anj. Hug
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
16-03-2015, 08:42 PM
My best friend from high school died about 6 years ago, maybe 6 months from his 40th birthday. He died from a drug overdose, while in rehab no less.

I hadn't talked to him in years, not a word in a decade. But, it really, really upset me when it happened. It stirred up a lot of old memories and it took me some time to shake that depressed feeling. The worst was when I went home and to his parents house to go see them. His mother always really liked me (which is good because I just about lived there as a kid) and it was just upsetting. I also met his wife and his kids. Really an awful day.

Some people have everything to live for, they just don't know how to embrace that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 6 users Like BnW's post
17-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Thank you, all. Smile
18-03-2015, 06:58 PM
My first step-father was an alcoholic. He was a wonderful man when sober, but a mean drunk. Drinking and smoking probably took ten or twenty years off his life. My second step-father was a jolly drunk. He was nice drunk or sober. But his alcoholism contributed to his obesity, which killed him at a very young age. It's sad, what alcohol does to people.
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post
19-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Anj is right, death does make you stop and think. It's the one thing we all have in common. It's going to happen to us all, one day ... and to some of us sooner than others.

I know I've done some boneheaded things at times ... I kind of don't mind that my friends might remember them. I'm just going to endeavor to make sure a few of the better things kind of cancel out the bonehead things.

I figure... just trying to be better, has to be helping my average to at least break even. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post