He's Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: He's Dead
We had a real bastard of a neighbor.

He used to let his dogs shit all over everyone's gardens, and spit over the walls of people he didn't like (which was most people). He would piss and shit in a chamber pot and throw it into the street, as if it was the 13th fucking century. He only stopped after the police got involved.

The couple next door to him tried to move away, but when the estate agents came to value the property, he came out with shovels full of dog shit and threw it all over the communal garden.

He died last year, and nobody gave a flying fuck... Even his wife, who immediately sent his dogs to rescue center and checked into a care home.

I hate to think what sort of state he left the house in because the council condemned it as unfit for human habitation.

The stars are matter, we are matter... but it doesn't matter. - Captain Beefheart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
19-03-2015, 10:06 PM
(16-03-2015 07:20 PM)pablo Wrote:  He was an addict. There is no help for them if they don't want it. It's a sad story that happens too often.
Unfortunately addiction is a disease. One of the symptoms of that disease is that they don't want help. A vicious circle. I have no answers.

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice Is also great
And would suffice. -- Robert Frost
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
20-03-2015, 09:10 AM
My brother was an addict. He died back in September 2014. I naively thought he was living clean until I found him dead with a needle and crushed up pills lying next to him. He did a great job at hiding everything and basically living two lives. My point being is that sometimes they don't want help.

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

-Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes USMCLoggy's post
20-03-2015, 08:06 PM
I think more often they don't know how to ask for help. I don't have a substance abuse issue but I have several people in my life who are recovering addicts. The one thing I've learned from them is no one wants to be an addict.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post