He's Not MY President

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2017, 01:17 PM
RE: He's Not MY President
Well I think he is the biggest crook and craziest dumb fuck to ever occupy the WH but he did win the election after a fashion so he is OUR president.

It is extremely embarrassing to have to say that and it speaks volumes of the number of fucking shitheads who voted but denying reality makes no sense at all.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2017, 01:25 PM
In the very same way that a US Senator from a district in Wyoming isn't my Senator, a president I didn't vote for who doesn't represent me or my political views and whom I think is little more than a greedy and bigoted troll, isn't my president. He doesn't represent me. He might be the President of the United States, but that is a slightly different point.

I'll show Trump the same support and respect that was shown to Obama by the people who said he wasn't their president. I am tired of playing nice with morons. If they are stupid and/or bigoted enough to support Trump and/or voted for him, I don't see why I should spare their feelings and not point that out.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
20-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Politicians who shade the truth (by ignoring uncomfortable complications to the overall truth, as with Obama and the "keep your doctor" thing) to favor their Grand Projects™, or who make grandiose promises, is nothing new.

I like to joke that "Politics" comes from the Greek root "poly", meaning "many", and tics, which are bloodsucking parasites.

But it's insanely dishonest to try to draw an equivalence between Obama's description of the ACA and what Trump says almost literally every time he opens his mouth.

Seriously, Alla, how can you feel like an honest human being when you compare "you can keep your doctor" with Trump's daily insane assertions, such as the most recent... the terror incident in Sweden (that he made up on the spot) that so baffled the Swedes that they had to send us a request for clarification? Seriously, how?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 17 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-02-2017, 01:50 PM
(20-02-2017 01:26 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Politicians who shade the truth (by ignoring uncomfortable complications to the overall truth, as with Obama and the "keep your doctor" thing) to favor their Grand Projects™, or who make grandiose promises, is nothing new.

I like to joke that "Politics" comes from the Greek root "poly", meaning "many", and tics, which are bloodsucking parasites.

But it's insanely dishonest to try to draw an equivalence between Obama's description of the ACA and what Trump says almost literally every time he opens his mouth.

Seriously, Alla, how can you feel like an honest human being when you compare "you can keep your doctor" with Trump's daily insane assertions, such as the most recent... the terror incident in Sweden (that he made up on the spot) that so baffled the Swedes that they had to send us a request for clarification? Seriously, how?
Might as well give it up, they can't recognize hypocrisy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
20-02-2017, 02:51 PM
(20-02-2017 01:16 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  He's not MY president.

So the question begs --- who is?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-02-2017, 03:02 PM
It's a commentary on the state of the union, on my belief of what a president should be. Clearly the guy is president of the USA, but to me, and more than half of my country, he should have been disqualified a dozen times before this travesty got this far. It's not a factual statement, it's merely social commentary and an effort to resist. It's my way of saying this guy is unqualified, I didn't vote for him, I don't support him and he's a bigoted, racist piece of shit.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
20-02-2017, 03:07 PM
(20-02-2017 02:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Either Pence or Bannon. Remember that the president doesn't actually have any ideas of his own. He just says shit he knows will rile people up. Hardly makes him a "president".

20-02-2017, 03:17 PM
(20-02-2017 11:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...
Exactly what does this statement "not MY President" mean?
It means I don't have one ounce of respect for the man. Of course he's officially filling the position and there is nothing I can do about it. But there's a difference between a President who holds different views than I, but is still respectable and deserving of the office versus someone who is simply despicable, disgraceful, and completely embarrassing. It means he is President in title only and I will never see him as worthy of the position.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
20-02-2017, 03:20 PM
(20-02-2017 01:26 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I like to joke that "Politics" comes from the Greek root "poly", meaning "many", and tics, which are bloodsucking parasites.

It comes from the Greek Polis. The city where they first had their semi democracy.
20-02-2017, 03:25 PM
(20-02-2017 02:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Boris and Natasha - Jared and Ivanka.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus