He's Not MY President

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2017, 04:15 PM
RE: He's Not MY President
History will note that, like 2001-2008, the office was for all practical purposes vacant.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
20-02-2017, 06:12 PM
(20-02-2017 03:02 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  It's a commentary on the state of the union, on my belief of what a president should be. Clearly the guy is president of the USA, but to me, and more than half of my country, he should have been disqualified a dozen times before this travesty got this far. It's not a factual statement, it's merely social commentary and an effort to resist. It's my way of saying this guy is unqualified, I didn't vote for him, I don't support him and he's a bigoted, racist piece of shit.

And you've made your point much more clearly here......

Saying "He's not MY President" makes you sound just like the stupid bigots that refused to accept President Obama, simply due to his middle name and skin coloration......

It just seems to me a really dumb thing to go about spouting.

Reason and logic carry much farther than emotional rhetoric.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
20-02-2017, 06:13 PM
(20-02-2017 04:15 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  History will note that, like 2001-2008, the office was for all practical purposes vacant.

Not true.

It was occupied.

By a drunken, coke sniffing party boy who couldn't show up for his Air Reserve drills....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-02-2017, 06:25 PM
(20-02-2017 04:15 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  History will note that, like 2001-2008, the office was for all practical purposes vacant.

I wish that were the case. This "administration" isn't a zero though, it's a huge negative. When they get done with education and the environment and consumer protection and everything else they have targeted this country will need decades to recover.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-02-2017, 07:15 PM
(20-02-2017 06:25 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

I wish that were the case. This "administration" isn't a zero though, it's a huge negative. When they get done with education and the environment and consumer protection and everything else they have targeted this country will need decades to recover.

The office is vacant, leaving the Vandals to pillage as they wish.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
20-02-2017, 08:35 PM
(20-02-2017 06:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 03:02 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  It's a commentary on the state of the union, on my belief of what a president should be. Clearly the guy is president of the USA, but to me, and more than half of my country, he should have been disqualified a dozen times before this travesty got this far. It's not a factual statement, it's merely social commentary and an effort to resist. It's my way of saying this guy is unqualified, I didn't vote for him, I don't support him and he's a bigoted, racist piece of shit.

Saying "He's not MY President" makes you sound just like the stupid bigots that refused to accept President Obama, simply due to his middle name and skin coloration......

But, you see, it's sarcasm, and should be seen as that. It seemed extremely obvious to me and I understood exactly what others meant when they said/wrote it.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
20-02-2017, 09:37 PM
(20-02-2017 06:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

You keep omitting the fact that Obama was intelligent whereas Trump is a fucking idiot and a fucking embarrassment.

[+] 4 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
20-02-2017, 09:39 PM
(20-02-2017 03:20 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 01:26 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I like to joke that "Politics" comes from the Greek root "poly", meaning "many", and tics, which are bloodsucking parasites.

It comes from the Greek Polis. The city where they first had their semi democracy.

Aww, bud, did you think I didn't actually know the root of the word?

The arachnid is spelled "ticks", too.

It's. A. Joke. Tongue

(It does work much better in spoken form than written out.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
20-02-2017, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2017 11:21 PM by Full Circle.)
Not until the Obama presidency did I ever hear the phrase, “not my president”. On the flip side I never heard the phrase, “my president” either.

It has always been the president, or the president of the United States, the Commander in Chief, always alluding to the collective. Now it sounds more like everyone used to have a personal relationship with the president, sort of like with Jeebus, your personal lord and savior. Rolleyes

*typo

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
21-02-2017, 11:09 AM
(20-02-2017 09:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Not until the Obama presidency did I ever here the phrase, “not my president”. On the flip side I never heard the phrase, “my president” either.

It has always been the president, or the president of the United States, the Commander in Chief, always alluding to the collective. Now it sounds more like everyone used to have a personal relationship with the president, sort of like with Jeebus, your personal lord and savior. Rolleyes

I blame hero worship and the belief that the president can magically fix everything.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post