He's Not MY President

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2017, 11:12 AM
RE: He's Not MY President
(20-02-2017 09:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Not until the Obama presidency did I ever here the phrase, “not my president”. On the flip side I never heard the phrase, “my president” either.

It has always been the president, or the president of the United States, the Commander in Chief, always alluding to the collective. Now it sounds more like everyone used to have a personal relationship with the president, sort of like with Jeebus, your personal lord and savior. Rolleyes

The hard right just doesn't like having the tables turned on them. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2017, 12:02 PM
"Not MY president" is just a form of colloquialism. Nothing to get worked up about.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
21-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Well, given that I'm Canadian, he's not my president either.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
21-02-2017, 02:16 PM
He's the President, but he's not my President: I haven't scraped together enough money to buy the corrupt cunt.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
21-02-2017, 02:21 PM
(21-02-2017 02:16 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He's the President, but he's not my President: I haven't scraped together enough money to buy the corrupt cunt.

He's unlikely to be bought using money.

He prefers influence, which is why Putin, his Russian overlords and Bannon are playing him like a cheap fiddle.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
21-02-2017, 02:34 PM
(21-02-2017 02:21 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  He prefers influence, which is why Putin, his Russian overlords and Bannon are playing him like a cheap fiddle.

Oh, I guess, as Groucho Marx used to say, a little money wouldn't hurt either. I'm pretty sure he intends to use his presidency to enlarge the family fortune.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
21-02-2017, 02:37 PM
(20-02-2017 12:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  Trump lies. So what?

It's not his lies that bother me ... it's his "truths".
21-02-2017, 02:45 PM
(21-02-2017 02:21 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 02:16 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He's the President, but he's not my President: I haven't scraped together enough money to buy the corrupt cunt.

He's unlikely to be bought using money.

He prefers influence, which is why Putin, his Russian overlords and Bannon are playing him like a cheap fiddle.

I'm not so sure there's not money at the bottom of that, myself. According to the Shitgibbon's son, a "significant proportion" of Trump Inc's income derives from Russian investments. Concern about his bottom line could well be driving the President's stupid decisions and statements.
21-02-2017, 02:47 PM
(21-02-2017 02:45 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Concern about his bottom line could well be driving the President's stupid decisions and statements.

Which, in this case, wouldn't be stupid but shrewd.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
21-02-2017, 02:52 PM
(21-02-2017 02:47 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 02:45 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Concern about his bottom line could well be driving the President's stupid decisions and statements.

Which, in this case, wouldn't be stupid but shrewd.

Only if it somehow works for him, ultimately.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post