He who must not be named, and other stuff.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2012, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2012 10:43 AM by DeepThought.)
He who must not be named, and other stuff.
Recently something happened that caused me to react in a way that I'm not really proud of.

I suppose part of what caused me to react was anger and disappointment from a false expectation that someone had changed their behaviour for the better. Someone that I was growing to like. This is a mistake I won't be making again.

I'm really sorry I let that get the better of me and all I can do now is learn from the experience and move on.

Now I just feel stupid for being duped and letting someone push my buttons like that. Sad

What's clear to me now is that I want people who visit this forum to enjoy their visit. While it's unrealistic to cater to everyone I still want to do my part in raising my behaviour to a higher standard. What others do is on them and I need to think about what I'm doing.

I suppose the pressure is on me to behave since my name is in purple.

Now I say we Lynch DeepThought next... Who's with me?

Vote: DeepThought

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2012, 10:44 AM
RE: He who must not be named, and other stuff.
I don't know. I think Drawn and Quartered is way better than lynching. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Just a nice spanking is way better.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
30-06-2012, 10:53 AM
We're only human here... no need to beat yourself up too much, especially if we can help.

I've always found chainsaws challenging, and fun tools to work with. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-06-2012, 11:11 AM
I think lynching anyone is not even in the realm of possibility. Two or three regulars have chosen to take a "sabbatical" recently. Hopefully they will pay visits, however infrequently. He who must not be named may have prematurely been seen to have changed, secondary to a misperception in the basis for the change, however, it also is possible, that NOW, being valued, and seen/respected for what he really is, the change may be permanent. How ironic if, in the end his signature, can remain the same, and stand as an ironic, literary statement, for what it is, and the change really is a change. The re-change may have just been a dip in the overall trend. maybe it's still too soon to judge. A year from now, he may be (a) god.

Recently also the rep thing has been an "ontological burden", dragging it around, (while I am very grateful). But it may be useful to guests. Maybe they are too "infrequent" to even notice?? The element of "insider club"/oldboy network makes me really uncomfortable. Maybe "that's life". There will always be guests, (apparently in increasing numbers..which is a good thing), and "regulars". Ultimately what we say about any topic, is the only thing that matters. For some time now, "it's about the guest", (for me). One always has the option to put anyone on ignore. So, no lynchings.

Vote : No

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-06-2012, 11:11 AM
I nominate Dom to administer a thorough spanking.

(bring him over to our side Dom.)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
30-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Bring it on, my ping pong paddle is ready and waiting.

I didn't take part in that thread because I knew how it would end.

He who must not be named is still looking for a religious theory that would be acceptable to us heathens. Done it over and over. This time he brought the acceptance of sciene in originally to get people fired up about his progress, then he sees god still won't fit and blows up.

The next round of theories won't be far behind.

God help you if you get sucked in again - oh, I forget, he won't.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
30-06-2012, 11:33 AM
(30-06-2012 10:37 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Recently something happened that caused me to react in a way that I'm not really proud of.

I suppose part of what caused me to react was anger and disappointment from a false expectation that someone had changed their behaviour for the better. Someone that I was growing to like. This is a mistake I won't be making again.

I'm really sorry I let that get the better of me and all I can do now is learn from the experience and move on.

Now I just feel stupid for being duped and letting someone push my buttons like that. Sad

What's clear to me now is that I want people who visit this forum to enjoy their visit. While it's unrealistic to cater to everyone I still want to do my part in raising my behaviour to a higher standard. What others do is on them and I need to think about what I'm doing.

I suppose the pressure is on me to behave since my name is in purple.

Now I say we Lynch DeepThought next... Who's with me?

Vote: DeepThought
Geez, welcome to being human.

Vote: No lynching.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Wait... we were supposed to vote on something? Unsure Laughat

Observant dumbass votes: a paranoid no.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-06-2012, 12:05 PM
What a surprise that there was no change...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley