He who must not be named, and other stuff.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2012, 12:08 PM
RE: He who must not be named, and other stuff.
(30-06-2012 12:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What a surprise that there was no change...
Oh, ye of little faith. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2012, 12:12 PM
(30-06-2012 12:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-06-2012 12:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What a surprise that there was no change...
Oh, ye of little faith. Dodgy
Exactly

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
30-06-2012, 02:45 PM
(30-06-2012 10:51 AM)Dom Wrote:  Just a nice spanking is way better.
Is Dom short for Dominatrix? Consider

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
30-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Is this about the few people that have been banned? I guess that's what happens when I'm not super active on a forum - you miss out on all the drama and bannings Big Grin (referring to Satan69, Mystic and Antirepublican...)

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
30-06-2012, 05:49 PM
No... I think it might start with an E.
But I'm not saying... so go.
Thumbsup Also maybe it ends with an r.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I gotta say (even though I swore I wouldn't get into this), I am really surprised at how worked up everyone gets over Egor. He tried the nicey-nicey-let's-all-get-along route, and not surprisingly, it didn't work for him. I wouldn't be able to pull that off for half as long as he did, so he gets some credit from me there. Problem is, you guys seem to get really put off when he just doesn't see it your way. So what?

Point is, the guy is often abrasive. Sometimes, he's downright nasty. He has what most of us consider crazy beliefs. When he defends those beliefs against a whole crowd of people that disagree, he can get pretty personal and insulting. Frankly though, his personality is much like a few people I know, and count as friends! It just seems more tolerable, when I can look at a buddies face, and see that half the shit he's saying is because he's worked up a full head of steam, and he's so flustered he's about to blow. It's somehow more forgivable when you have a real person there. Almost like you can ignore the nastiness because you can see how excited they are.

I for one, would sure love to see a little of that forgiveness tossed egors way. Maybe then there'd be less threads about him.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-06-2012, 06:05 PM
who is "he who must not be named" and what happened? I am sorry but I can't follow.
Anyway, don't beat yourself up for anything.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
30-06-2012, 06:06 PM
(30-06-2012 06:00 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I gotta say (even though I swore I wouldn't get into this), I am really surprised at how worked up everyone gets over Egor. He tried the nicey-nicey-let's-all-get-along route, and not surprisingly, it didn't work for him. I wouldn't be able to pull that off for half as long as he did, so he gets some credit from me there. Problem is, you guys seem to get really put off when he just doesn't see it your way. So what?

Point is, the guy is often abrasive. Sometimes, he's downright nasty. He has what most of us consider crazy beliefs. When he defends those beliefs against a whole crowd of people that disagree, he can get pretty personal and insulting. Frankly though, his personality is much like a few people I know, and count as friends! It just seems more tolerable, when I can look at a buddies face, and see that half the shit he's saying is because he's worked up a full head of steam, and he's so flustered he's about to blow. It's somehow more forgivable when you have a real person there. Almost like you can ignore the nastiness because you can see how excited they are.

I for one, would sure love to see a little of that forgiveness tossed egors way. Maybe then there'd be less threads about him.
Have there actually been threads about Egor? I don't recall any.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-06-2012, 06:45 PM
(30-06-2012 06:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-06-2012 06:00 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I gotta say (even though I swore I wouldn't get into this), I am really surprised at how worked up everyone gets over Egor.
Have there actually been threads about Egor? I don't recall any.
Ehem! What part of "must not be named" did you not understand?

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
30-06-2012, 06:54 PM
But thanks for clarifying, because I am a nosy person

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)