He who must not be named, and other stuff.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: He who must not be named, and other stuff.
Sometimes it's hard not to get worked up when things feel personal. A step back is the best thing to do, and an acknowledgement where one may have made different choices. Start over again from here, that's all.

Vote: keep on keepin' on!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
30-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Time out here.

I'm not as active at the moment (work and college and stuff) so I don't read half the threads. Makes these threads with vague references very cryptic and frustrating. Same with Carlo's goodbye, I feel like I'm missing something.

I vote we lynch the next person who starts a thread referring to events (or insinuating events) without fully explaining them for my benefit Big Grin!

Start from the beginning people, what's happening?!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
30-06-2012, 07:27 PM
I vote 'no'. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. Learn from it and move on and, like others have said, don't beat yourself up over it.

I feel sorry for 'he who must not be named' as it must be a damn minefield inside his head. He requires some serious help and/or medication.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
30-06-2012, 08:18 PM
(30-06-2012 07:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Time out here.

I'm not as active at the moment (work and college and stuff) so I don't read half the threads. Makes these threads with vague references very cryptic and frustrating. Same with Carlo's goodbye, I feel like I'm missing something.

I vote we lynch the next person who starts a thread referring to events (or insinuating events) without fully explaining them for my benefit Big Grin!

Not sure I agree entirely.
Yup, sure, a bit of background would be useful and I recall a similar feeling when I first joined that there was a knowledge-clique of which I was not a member but part of the fun (bearing in mind that this is my first forum so I didn't have a baseline) was trawling through the thread history to see if I could understand the references (and more importantly the characters involved... still working on this bit!)

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
30-06-2012, 08:54 PM
(30-06-2012 07:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Time out here.

It's just a re-run, Hughsie.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Normally I'm the one looking at things from outside looking in. It's pretty easy to stay objective when you aren't involved yourself.

Like what Stark said - I suppose when you are just one person and your opinions get 'attacked' from many angles at once it can be overwhelming for some people and they take it as a personal attack.

It's hard sometimes isn't it... life...

At least talking about it makes things clearer. Thanks.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
30-06-2012, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2012 10:48 PM by Atothetheist.)
God, what did Voldemort do to you guys....?

Jesus, leave the poor wizard alone. Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
01-07-2012, 07:35 AM
He should be held down and violated with an unsanded wooden dildo.

Oh, you mean DT? I vote no. WTF is the big deal here? Put a dunce cap next to his avvy for ten minutes? Big whoop. Ain't as offensive as making a whole forum for that stupid mafia game. Tongue

Besides, that wasn't the good part. The good part was when DT goes, I hadda get rid of it 'cause it was messing up the code. Big Grin

It's all fun and games till the code get fucked up.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-07-2012, 07:58 AM
I feel as though I have missed something, which makes me sad.
But if this is about Egor which I feel it is, then I totally told you that guy was a troll, but did anybody believe me? noooooooooooooooooooooooo. I thought you people would know by now that earmuffs is always 100% correct in every situation. An easy way to think of it is like if I was a female and you were married to me. Smile

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
01-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Time to clear this shit up once and for all.....

This thread is about Egor.

Why does Egor anger/frustrate/annoy several members of the forum?

- He is a theist who ardently believes in god
- He has a hard time giving convincing arguments, and therefore is often forced to abandon explanations and ignore questions (this is also often due to the fact that he is one guy answering questions from a dozen people. Not easy to keep up sometimes)
- When Egor gets frustrated, he tends to turn nasty. He,s been known to call people names, say rude or insulting comments, etc. kinda like a few other people on the forum.
- Egors mood tends to change quickly and without warning. Again, likely due to the frustration of having discussions where he in one against many.
- He seems to try and antagonize other members. I say "seems" because if you read objectively, you may often find that he is actually being reactive. When people speak condescendingly to me, I know I can get pretty nasty, very quickly.
- Egors beliefs appear to be ever changing, and often it appears these changes are based on whim. And ain't that the very crux of what pisses most atheists off?

So now we all know the jist of it. How bout we all follow DeepThoughts example, and try to step back and look at things from the outside. If you want to call him a troll, fine by me. I,ve seen him troll plenty of times. But I've also seen a whole lot of other members troll just as much or more.

So let's make this the last Egor thread. If you don't like the way he communicates, don't communicate with him. If you want to diagnose him with mental disorders, go right ahead, but if you want those diagnosis to be taken seriously, you better provide some documentation to back up your phd in psych, and prove you've met him in person. Otherwise it's just a bunch of armchair head shrinking.

Egor rubs a whole lotta people here the wrong way. Big fuckin deal. Move on.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 8 users Like Stark Raving's post