He who must not be named, and other stuff.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: He who must not be named, and other stuff.
I didn't think this thread was about Egor.
I thought it was made by Deep about himself and how shitty he felt about his own abuse of his mighty mod abilities.
Actually to me... it was kind of nice to finally hear from a God who actually who felt remorse for his abuse of power. Don't see that happening -EVER. If it actually happened in real life - maybe a few of us might not be Atheists. Not me, of course... never any of my business in the first place. Drinking Beverage

I was in attendance when the "incident" happened but I guess I didn't really notice it until Egor pointed it out, and by the time I read it, the visual had disappeared. Kind of wished I had seen it... might have been a chuckle in the midst of the hooey that was being spewed out on all sides.
The circular thinking was spinning overtime ... it was quite a whirlwind. Wink

Egor is in transition and he will be for some time -possibly years. He's just looking for his place in the world and that means he's going to go through a lot to get there. Wherever he ends up is up to him, but while he's getting his shit together, he's going to display a lot of confused ideas & feelings and those things don't come without some confused behavior.

I don't think he's been any more or less asshole-like than we've seen him before- maybe a little less. I think his reactions lately, might be a bit more fearful for him because he seems to think we are trying to "turn him into an Atheist" or make him choose an Atheist view somehow. Imagine any Theist pushing what you perceive as their indoctrination shit in your face, or into the face of your child or teen... your reaction might be just as spazy as Egor.

I guess I'm just trying to say, that while Egor is still not quite secure with who he is, he's going to be vulnerable. He's wanting to protect the only thing he's ever had to work with. He's getting used to working with new tools and they don't feel quite comfortable - he's trying to modify his grasp and it's still difficult for him. It would be difficult for anyone. Frustrations might often be misdirected. If he says something nasty to or about someone, it might actually be frustration with himself. His self is what he sees changing... that might be pretty freaky for him.

Anyway... I don't know if there was really any harm or foul done to anyone... nothing lasting anyway. People flip out... and when they do, they grab the nearest thing to whack the nearest asshole with. Our nearest things are words and images. Maybe if we thought of them as hammers and knives or bombs and guns... maybe we might be a bit more careful with these words and images?

I don't know. Why do children even bother to grow up anyway? Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
01-07-2012, 11:58 AM
(01-07-2012 09:02 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm not aware of any banning. Deep had added a dunce cap to Egors avatar. He removed it shortly after, and has acknowledged that it was perhaps not the best reaction.

Ah, so that's what this is all about. Might've been mean-spirited but that don't mean it wasn't just fucking brilliant. I'm stealing it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Just look at all the commotion and conversation that has been caused, all because of one user. This should never have happened.
01-07-2012, 12:27 PM
(01-07-2012 11:58 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ah, so that's what this is all about. Might've been mean-spirited but that don't mean it wasn't just fucking brilliant. I'm stealing it.

Adorable pic. Heart I love the shit out of that! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
01-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote: Imagine any Theist pushing what you perceive as their indoctrination
shit in your face, or into the face of your child or teen... your
reaction might be just as spazy as Egor.
The difference being that we're not posting on a theist forum, we're posting on an atheist forum.
A bit of common sense tells you that if you were to come to an atheists forum presenting theist ideas, you're gonna get shot down. Just like if I went onto a theist forum I would expect to get shot down for presenting atheist ideas. Not saying don't present your ideas, just that you shouldn't get angry when a bunch of dedicated atheists do not suddenly find Jesus. People shouldn't make excuses for him, he knows where he's posting.
This is why I say he's a troll, either a troll or some dedicated Pasteur with a life ambition to save us all from eternal damnation.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
01-07-2012, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 06:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-07-2012 02:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is why I say he's a troll, either a troll or some dedicated Pasteur with a life ambition to save us all from eternal damnation.

He fancies himself the latter. I don't really have much of a problem with that, he's just looking for reinforcement to save his own sorry ass. I'm too busy trying to save my own sorry ass. I'll let you know if I need backup but it feels like a last resort to me. Your ass just don't matter that much to me. It shouldn't.

01-07-2012, 06:46 PM
(01-07-2012 02:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote: Imagine any Theist pushing what you perceive as their indoctrination
shit in your face, or into the face of your child or teen... your
reaction might be just as spazy as Egor.
The difference being that we're not posting on a theist forum, we're posting on an atheist forum.
A bit of common sense tells you that if you were to come to an atheists forum presenting theist ideas, you're gonna get shot down. Just like if I went onto a theist forum I would expect to get shot down for presenting atheist ideas. Not saying don't present your ideas, just that you shouldn't get angry when a bunch of dedicated atheists do not suddenly find Jesus. People shouldn't make excuses for him, he knows where he's posting.
This is why I say he's a troll, either a troll or some dedicated Pasteur with a life ambition to save us all from eternal damnation.

This, I actually agree with. I have no idea why any Theist would want to be here in the first place. I've learned from Kingsy and others, that Theists are so rigid in their requirements that even some of them are rejects from their own club. Kind of the way most of the top Nazis wouldn't pass for Aryan. Apparently, delusional folk are full of shit AND ironic. Undecided

I don't think people make excuses for him... how is attempting to understand someone making an excuse for them? I'm just as responsible for questionable exchanges with Egor as anyone, doesn't mean I don't try to give him the same consideration I would give anyone else on this forum.

Yes, I think Girly's right, Egor thinks he will change something about the world; in his deluded confusion, he's alluded to as much. What he doesn't get is that he'll never change anything, unless he gets a secure grasp of himself. I think he's trying, so maybe that's why he's here. Does why he's here make a difference? It doesn't to me... like I said, I give him the same consideration I would give anyone else on this forum.

The experience of being here might turn out to be someone's chance to get their shit together about something... maybe it will be mine. Like Girly; my sorry ass is all I'm ever worried about. I like to keep my options open, in case I turn out to be the asshole of the moment, who needs to get their shit together. Wink

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
01-07-2012, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 07:23 PM by Dom.)
(01-07-2012 06:46 PM)kim Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 02:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The difference being that we're not posting on a theist forum, we're posting on an atheist forum.

This, I actually agree with. I have no idea why any Theist would want to be here in the first place. I've learned from Kingsy and others, that Theists are so rigid in their requirements that even some of them are rejects from their own club. Kind of the way most of the top Nazis wouldn't pass for Aryan. Apparently, delusional folk are full of shit AND ironic. Undecided

I don't think people make excuses for him... how is attempting to understand someone making an excuse for them? I'm just as responsible for questionable exchanges with Egor as anyone, doesn't mean I don't try to give him the same consideration I would give anyone else on this forum.

Yes, I think Girly's right, Egor thinks he will change something about the world; in his deluded confusion, he's alluded to as much. What he doesn't get is that he'll never change anything, unless he gets a secure grasp of himself. I think he's trying, so maybe that's why he's here. Does why he's here make a difference? It doesn't to me... like I said, I give him the same consideration I would give anyone else on this forum.

The experience of being here might turn out to be someone's chance to get their shit together about something... maybe it will be mine. Like Girly; my sorry ass is all I'm ever worried about. I like to keep my options open, in case I turn out to be the asshole of the moment, who needs to get their shit together. Wink

Haha, reminds me of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvTnuGkQ1gg

Grr, dunno why I can't embed this.... If anyone can, I'd appreciate it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote: I don't think people make excuses for him...
I was meaning Stark was. Saying no wonder he gets upset when it's his argument v a thousand of us.
Like I said, what does he expect, he's on an Atheist forum.
You come here presenting theist ideas then you should expect a bit of resistance, I mean hell the name of the website is "thethinkingatheist" not, "we'regonnabackdownandagreewithwhateveryoupresenttousatheist".
If he is getting nasty because he doesn't like our response (as long as that response is respectful of course) then that is on him and him alone and not on anyone else.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-07-2012, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 08:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-07-2012 06:46 PM)kim Wrote:  Yes, I think Girly's right, Egor thinks he will change something about the world; in his deluded confusion, he's alluded to as much. What he doesn't get is that he'll never change anything, unless he gets a secure grasp of himself. I think he's trying, so maybe that's why he's here.

Egor needs external validation. Egor don't appreciate how Girly can be my own personal Jesus independent of external validation. Egor might want to work on that. Egor could start by reading houseofcantor.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post