He who must not be named, and other stuff.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2012, 06:10 PM
RE: He who must not be named, and other stuff.
(02-07-2012 06:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Here's something completely off topic for a laugh.
Old but good.

Fuck me. I'm giving up sumo for good. I got no chance against her. Sad

(02-07-2012 02:50 AM)Egor Wrote:  If consciousness is the ultimate substance of all things, and if we are growing into an awareness of who we are--that is that we are that consciousness--then when we arrive, we will come to know the ultimate truth: We will say, "I am real, but nothing else is, and there is no God--just me."

I've told you this before. You biocentrist Egor.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Biocentrism. Blech. Too bad they forgot to send their Timex up in da plane, and check it when it came back. Sillies.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-07-2012, 06:35 PM
(02-07-2012 06:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Biocentrism. Blech. Too bad they forgot to send their Timex up in da plane, and check it when it came back. Sillies.

I'm on the fence with this one Fullerene until it can be verified experimentally. Feels right in my gut but I know that don't mean dick. But I would note that there is already some evidential support for the anthropic principle. Wheeler's Delayed Choice Experiment took 30 years to verify, but it has been empirically verified.

02-07-2012, 07:36 PM
What the... how does that work, exactly? What does that Wheeler crap have to do with that AP crap? Other than it's all crap? Big Grin

(Got me looking stuff up, you ass. It was "obsess over Gwynnie" time, and you fuckered it all up! Tongue)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-07-2012, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 05:59 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-07-2012 06:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 06:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Biocentrism. Blech. Too bad they forgot to send their Timex up in da plane, and check it when it came back. Sillies.

I'm on the fence with this one Fullerene until it can be verified experimentally. Feels right in my gut but I know that don't mean dick. But I would note that there is already some evidential support for the anthropic principle. Wheeler's Delayed Choice Experiment took 30 years to verify, but it has been empirically verified.
Yabut, they deny time. If two watches show two different things, (depending on relative speed), it proves them wrong, (as well as you-know-who). They forgot to read Einstein. Whatever time is, it's NOT just in human consciousness. Two watches, start out saying the same thing, one comes back, now they say different things, one brain. So sad. Too bad.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-07-2012, 08:05 PM
(02-07-2012 08:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 06:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm on the fence with this one Fullerene until it can be verified experimentally. Feels right in my gut but I know that don't mean dick. But I would note that there is already some evidential support for the anthropic principle. Wheeler's Delayed Choice Experiment took 30 years to verify, but it has been empirically verified.
Yabut, they deny time. If two watches show two different things, (depending on relative speed), it proves them wrong, (as well as you-know-who). They forgot to read Einstein. Whatever time is, it's NOT just in human consciousness. Two watches ... one brain. So sad. Too bad.

Ah, but you're assuming watches actually measure time.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
02-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:More precise: we can only understandWheeler’s experiment correctly by treating the wave function as fundamental (particle-and-wave view) and not by holding on to strict complementarity(particle-or-wave view) [20].

And..

Quote:If the measurement is nothing but an isolated event in space time, there is no point whatsoever in trying to associate a spatial slice to it. So the horizontal and tilted lines in Figure 2 actually have no meaning at all! Nothing happens along these slices - the only place where something physical happens is the place of the measurement, and the implications on conditional probabilities hold for other measurements throughout the entire spacetime, present and past.

~from Demystifying the Delayed Choice Experiments

...and here's good ol' Lubos going off on this kinda stuff: http://physics.stackexchange.com/questio...tum-eraser

So! Craptastic woo is woo. Back to my Gwynnies... Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2012, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 08:21 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-07-2012 08:10 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
Quote:More precise: we can only understandWheeler’s experiment correctly by treating the wave function as fundamental (particle-and-wave view) and not by holding on to strict complementarity(particle-or-wave view) [20].

And..

Quote:If the measurement is nothing but an isolated event in space time, there is no point whatsoever in trying to associate a spatial slice to it. So the horizontal and tilted lines in Figure 2 actually have no meaning at all! Nothing happens along these slices - the only place where something physical happens is the place of the measurement, and the implications on conditional probabilities hold for other measurements throughout the entire spacetime, present and past.

~from Demystifying the Delayed Choice Experiments

...and here's good ol' Lubos going off on this kinda stuff: http://physics.stackexchange.com/questio...tum-eraser

So! Craptastic woo is woo. Back to my Gwynnies... Heart
Love Bell. His formula for the most efficient transmission of electricity, turns out, is also the most efficient way to grow a wagering pot. Bucky can live at Santa Anita with Bell, (until they kick him out). Wink

02-07-2012, 08:20 PM
(02-07-2012 08:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 08:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yabut, they deny time. If two watches show two different things, (depending on relative speed), it proves them wrong, (as well as you-know-who). They forgot to read Einstein. Whatever time is, it's NOT just in human consciousness. Two watches ... one brain. So sad. Too bad.

Ah, but you're assuming watches actually measure time.
Oh shut up. Tongue Just kidding. Don't make no never mind "exactly what" it's measuring, (and actually we don't really know yet what it is, or what "causes" it .. ? wave function collapses ? ) The fact that whatever it is, is "seen" by human consciousness to be two different things, invalidates the claim that human consciousness invented "it", as "it" is not singular. It's "something" external to human consciousness. Bye bye, Biocentrism.

02-07-2012, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 09:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-07-2012 07:36 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What the... how does that work, exactly? What does that Wheeler crap have to do with that AP crap? Other than it's all crap? Big Grin

(Got me looking stuff up, you ass. It was "obsess over Gwynnie" time, and you fuckered it all up! Tongue)

The fuck, Brother? I can fill in the gaps wrt Gwynnies and you can't fill in the gaps between AP, biocentrism, and Wheeler? The fuck, Brother? ... It is all crap, though. Wink

(02-07-2012 08:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Whatever time is, it's NOT just in human consciousness.

Says you. My gut tells me different. Wink

(02-07-2012 08:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 08:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ah, but you're assuming watches actually measure time.
Oh shut up. Tongue Just kidding. Don't make no never mind "exactly what" it's measuring, (and actually we don't really know yet what it is, or what "causes" it .. ? wave function collapses ? ) The fact that whatever it is, is "seen" by human consciousness to be two different things, invalidates the claim that human consciousness invented "it", as "it" is not singular. It's "something" external to human consciousness. Bye bye, Biocentrism.

I find that less than persuasive, Brother. ... But I ain't no physicist, I'm a computer scientist regularly inventing new worlds which either behave precisely according to my whim if I program them to be deterministic or behave unpredictability if I program them to be non-deterministic. ... But I do work with some world class physicists who I run these ideas by during the lunch hour and they are unwilling to admit your position. Wink

Conscious observation realizes the world and makes it manifest. Prior to that it exists only as an unrealized probability density function. All possibilities simultaneously exist with varying degrees of probability.