He who must not be named, and other stuff.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2012, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 04:13 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: He who must not be named, and other stuff.
(02-07-2012 08:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 07:36 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What the... how does that work, exactly? What does that Wheeler crap have to do with that AP crap? Other than it's all crap? Big Grin

(Got me looking stuff up, you ass. It was "obsess over Gwynnie" time, and you fuckered it all up! Tongue)

The fuck, Brother? I can fill in the gaps wrt Gwynnies and you can't fill in the gaps between AP, biocentrism, and Wheeler? The fuck, Brother? ... It is all crap, though. Wink

(02-07-2012 08:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Whatever time is, it's NOT just in human consciousness.

Says you. My gut tells me different. Wink
You should know by now not to trust yer gut !

At 10:45, vid #2, he explains why Zeno's Paradox is explained, by Quantum Mechanics, and time is real. (I think Relativity tells us something objective about time also, in a counter-intuitive way).

Edit : BTW, some of this is not entirely true. The electron has mass, and angular momentum. When he says it's "nothing" .. 'tain't so.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-07-2012, 09:19 PM
(02-07-2012 08:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck, Brother? I can fill in the gaps wrt Gwynnies and you can't fill in the gaps between AP, biocentrism, and Wheeler? The fuck, Brother? ... It is all crap, though. Wink

As philosophy, sure. As science, no. Big Grin

I cannot help but think "consciousness" is way overrated. And my love for Gwyneth Paltrow is, well, fucked up. To the power of fucked off. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-07-2012, 09:31 PM
(02-07-2012 08:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 08:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ah, but you're assuming watches actually measure time.
Oh shut up. Tongue Just kidding. Don't make no never mind "exactly what" it's measuring, (and actually we don't really know yet what it is, or what "causes" it .. ? wave function collapses ? ) The fact that whatever it is, is "seen" by human consciousness to be two different things, invalidates the claim that human consciousness invented "it", as "it" is not singular. It's "something" external to human consciousness. Bye bye, Biocentrism.

Could still be mechanical. Gears may turn more rapidly at a higher elevation.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
02-07-2012, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 10:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-07-2012 09:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 08:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Says you. My gut tells me different. Wink
You should know by now not to trust yer gut !

I don't trust my gut as some sorta divine authority. I trust it to help me navigate through this bullshit. As a pilot, it's doing okay by me and mine so far. Doesn't mean there aren't looming icebergs it fails to see. Wink

(02-07-2012 09:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 08:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck, Brother? I can fill in the gaps wrt Gwynnies and you can't fill in the gaps between AP, biocentrism, and Wheeler? The fuck, Brother? ... It is all crap, though. Wink

As philosophy, sure. As science, no. Big Grin

I cannot help but think "consciousness" is way overrated. And my love for Gwyneth Paltrow is, well, fucked up. To the power of fucked off. Big Grin

I cannot help but think that science is way overrated. Consciousness is king and your love for the Gwynnies is all the fuck that matters in the end.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-07-2012, 09:51 PM
(02-07-2012 09:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Could still be mechanical. Gears may turn more rapidly at a higher elevation.

I lol'd. There's some "creation science" right there! Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-07-2012, 09:55 PM
(02-07-2012 09:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 08:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh shut up. Tongue Just kidding. Don't make no never mind "exactly what" it's measuring, (and actually we don't really know yet what it is, or what "causes" it .. ? wave function collapses ? ) The fact that whatever it is, is "seen" by human consciousness to be two different things, invalidates the claim that human consciousness invented "it", as "it" is not singular. It's "something" external to human consciousness. Bye bye, Biocentrism.

Could still be mechanical. Gears may turn more rapidly at a higher elevation.
It IS mechanical, (or digital), in some way, on some level. But you,ve agreed it;s "gears turning", and not just my minding perceiving something. I think we're on the same page here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
(02-07-2012 09:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I cannot help but think that science is way overrated. Consciousness is king and your love for the Gwynnies is all the fuck that matters in the end.

I don't quite see it that way - except for the Gwynnies bit - 'cause my "consciousness" right now is merely a pattern of lights mapped out by potato chips and crickets. Won't be that way in a minute, 'cause it's time to see if the Sammy As are cold. If it is so variable, so ephemeral, it ain't so real.

02-07-2012, 10:01 PM
(02-07-2012 09:56 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 09:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I cannot help but think that science is way overrated. Consciousness is king and your love for the Gwynnies is all the fuck that matters in the end.

I don't quite see it that way - except for the Gwynnies bit - 'cause my "consciousness" right now is merely a pattern of lights mapped out by potato chips and crickets. Won't be that way in a minute, 'cause it's time to see if the Sammy As are cold. If it is so variable, so ephemeral, it ain't so real.

Reality is malleable.

02-07-2012, 10:18 PM
(02-07-2012 10:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 09:56 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't quite see it that way - except for the Gwynnies bit - 'cause my "consciousness" right now is merely a pattern of lights mapped out by potato chips and crickets. Won't be that way in a minute, 'cause it's time to see if the Sammy As are cold. If it is so variable, so ephemeral, it ain't so real.

Reality is malleable.

Only if you smoke pot.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
02-07-2012, 10:23 PM
(02-07-2012 10:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 10:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Reality is malleable.

Only if you smoke pot.

Don't think it's necessary, but it's generally sufficient. Wink