He who shall not be named.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: He who shall not be named.
Kinda makes sense that angels would lay eggs though?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2015, 09:29 AM
I know this all too well. About a month ago or so I posted a thread of superstitious ideals that religious people hold. I mentioned that while I was growing up my mom never allowed me to have a television. She did allow a computer monitor though in which we rented movies to watch. Movies are worse than TV? (Explain that?) The kicker was that when the movie was over she put it out in the garage, as if the garage wall held special powers that would keep any evil from the movie out of the house, even though it was IN the house while we watched it? I mean what the fuck really?? Weeping LaughatLaughat Weeping Hobo

**Crickets** -- God
24-06-2015, 09:35 AM
This reminds me of the overly patriotic weirdos refusing to use the term "French fries", and calling them "freedom fries".

Are most countries citizens retardedly patriotic or is another "Murica" thing?
24-06-2015, 09:47 AM
(24-06-2015 09:35 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  This reminds me of the overly patriotic weirdos refusing to use the term "French fries", and calling them "freedom fries".

Are most countries citizens retardedly patriotic or is another "Murica" thing?

As far as I know, the "freedom fries" nonsense originated in and was limited to the US.

Don't worry, we Aussies have our idiots too. Trouble is, a fair few of them form the current government.
24-06-2015, 09:50 AM
When I was younger I wanted to be an angel. My mother told me if I behaved and listened to what the priest that I would be. I think I wanted to have wings so I could fly, was the main reason why I wanted to be one.

But as I got older and learned about biology, an Angel has a really poor design. For starters it's Simian. So did angels have ape like ancestors? With the ability to fly that would mean they have very brittle bones. In a fight it would snap like a twig. And look where the wings are located. The back shoulder blades. What a terrible location. Unless they were the size of insects or able to flap at an escalated rate like one. The would lack the force for lift. Now lets say they didn't need them to fly. Just served as an aesthetic. They floated threw the power of love or what ever. Then why have them?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
24-06-2015, 09:52 AM
(24-06-2015 09:50 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  When I was younger I wanted to be an angel. My mother told me if I behaved and listened to what the priest said I would be. I think I mostly thought having wings so I could fly as the main reason why I wanted to be.

But as I got old I realized that a being such as an Angel is a really poor design. For starters it's Simian. So did angels have ape like ancestors? With the ability to fly that would mean they have very brittle bones. In a fight it would snap like a twig. And look where the wings are located. The back shoulder blades. What a terrible location. Unless they were the size of insects or able to flap at an escalated rate like one. The would lack the force for lift. Now lets say they didn't need them to fly. Just served as an aesthetic. They floated threw the power of love or what ever. Then why have them?

Also, robes have to be the LEAST practical garment possible for someone with wings back there.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
24-06-2015, 09:57 AM
One more thought here, who the fuck doesn't like deviled eggs? Must be crazy!
24-06-2015, 10:01 AM
(24-06-2015 09:35 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  This reminds me of the overly patriotic weirdos refusing to use the term "French fries", and calling them "freedom fries".

Blink Weeping

Why must I share a country with such stupid people!?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
24-06-2015, 10:04 AM
(24-06-2015 03:42 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  chistians believe that some sky daddy was so powerful that he could create a universe 14 billion light years across...[SNIP]

This argument has always amused and bemused me. "God is all powerful but has trouble with certain small details."

I've had a discussion on another forum about the morality of the use of oral contraceptives. Apparently, their use interferes with God's plan for each woman. What? He can build a universe but has trouble overriding a pill that changes a woman's hormone levels? Gimme a break.
[+] 3 users Like jockmcdock's post
24-06-2015, 10:13 AM
(24-06-2015 10:04 AM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 03:42 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  chistians believe that some sky daddy was so powerful that he could create a universe 14 billion light years across...[SNIP]

This argument has always amused and bemused me. "God is all powerful but has trouble with certain small details."

I've had a discussion on another forum about the morality of the use of oral contraceptives. Apparently, their use interferes with God's plan for each woman. What? He can build a universe but has trouble overriding a pill that changes a woman's hormone levels? Gimme a break.

You see it's the free will thing. God won't interfere with free will. That's why rape, war etc happen too. 'Cos though God is all powerful and loves us, rapists' free will is stronger than that of people who don't want to be raped.

If she takes pills of her own free will then she's using her free will to go against God's plan for her. Which, naturally, is punishable by hell-fire, 'cos the purpose of God giving us free will is so that we can use it to fawn on him. And because it's not coerced at all, the love we give to him honours him even more. But if we *don't* give him our love we are unrepentant sinners and therefore must be taught a lesson. Eternally.

I mean, that's the gist of the muddled explanation I've heard for this whole pile of shit, but they use a bit more verbiage to obscure the basic disgustingness of the argument.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.