He who shall not be named.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2015, 10:32 AM
RE: He who shall not be named.
(24-06-2015 09:50 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  When I was younger I wanted to be an angel. My mother told me if I behaved and listened to what the priest that I would be. I think I wanted to have wings so I could fly, was the main reason why I wanted to be one.

But as I got older and learned about biology, an Angel has a really poor design. For starters it's Simian. So did angels have ape like ancestors? With the ability to fly that would mean they have very brittle bones. In a fight it would snap like a twig. And look where the wings are located. The back shoulder blades. What a terrible location. Unless they were the size of insects or able to flap at an escalated rate like one. The would lack the force for lift. Now lets say they didn't need them to fly. Just served as an aesthetic. They floated threw the power of love or what ever. Then why have them?

Possibly for the same reason that peacocks have plumage, for mating purposes. Those Nephilim do love human women. Rolleyes

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2015, 10:38 AM
(24-06-2015 10:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  You see it's the free will thing. God won't interfere with free will.

But what about women who want and do become pregnant?

This is Wiki, so treat with caution...

"Miscarriage is the most common complication of early pregnancy. Among women who know they are pregnant, the miscarriage rate is roughly 10% to 20% while rates among all conceptions is around 30% to 50%."

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Miscarriage

SmileBig Grin
24-06-2015, 11:01 AM
When my sister converted to Christianity she went wacky-nutso-crazy on us. She didn't want anyone around her to say "gosh". Why? Because "gosh" is a substitute for god and if you were to say "gosh darn it" you're basically saying "god damnit".

So basically I told her to fuck off.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-06-2015, 11:27 AM
(24-06-2015 10:38 AM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 10:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  You see it's the free will thing. God won't interfere with free will.

But what about women who want and do become pregnant?

This is Wiki, so treat with caution...

"Miscarriage is the most common complication of early pregnancy. Among women who know they are pregnant, the miscarriage rate is roughly 10% to 20% while rates among all conceptions is around 30% to 50%."

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Miscarriage

SmileBig Grin

MYSTERIOUS WAYS!

(Translation: I win if I can make up some crap justification, and I also win if I can't.)

EDIT: .... and now I've got U2 stuck in my head.
24-06-2015, 11:33 AM
(24-06-2015 11:27 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  MYSTERIOUS WAYS!

(Translation: I win if I can make up some crap justification, and I also win if I can't.)

EDIT: .... and now I've got U2 stuck in my head.

Take a little U2 and add a large dose of Mary J Blige...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpDQJnI4OhU
24-06-2015, 12:16 PM
(24-06-2015 11:01 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  When my sister converted to Christianity she went wacky-nutso-crazy on us. She didn't want anyone around her to say "gosh". Why? Because "gosh" is a substitute for god and if you were to say "gosh darn it" you're basically saying "god damnit".

The newer converts are often the most intolerable.
24-06-2015, 01:11 PM
(24-06-2015 12:16 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The newer converts are often the most intolerable.
Or as a friend once told me, born again Christians are worse the second time around.
24-06-2015, 01:13 PM
(24-06-2015 11:01 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  When my sister converted to Christianity she went wacky-nutso-crazy on us. She didn't want anyone around her to say "gosh". Why? Because "gosh" is a substitute for god and if you were to say "gosh darn it" you're basically saying "god damnit".

That reminds me of my early years as a Christian child. I wasn't allowed any swear words at home. All of my school friends said "God!" all the time. I wanted to fit in--this was in elementary school--so I would say … "Gaaaah … (long pause) … d" and hope God wasn't paying attention. This of course didn't help me fit in, and I'm sure it made me seem even more different. Eventually I got around to saying all the forbidden words. Even now I get a little thrill sometimes from saying fuck it or goddammit.
24-06-2015, 02:07 PM
(24-06-2015 09:52 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Also, robes have to be the LEAST practical garment possible for someone with wings back there.

Are you kidding? If something happens to your wings, that billowing robe can be a life-saver!
24-06-2015, 04:40 PM
(24-06-2015 09:12 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Let's see how many other things this could apply to, off the top of my head:

The angel is in the details.

Stuck between the angel and the deep blue sea.

The angel knows more because he is old than because he is the angel.

She has an angel-may-care attitude.

Don't forget the awesome PS2 game... 'Angel May Cry'