He who shall not be named.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: He who shall not be named.
(28-06-2015 02:29 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 02:03 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Not psychopath just god made in image of his creators. And such image speaks volumes about people who created said tyrant and also about people who believe in him nowadays.

Should have been more specific. I'm from a Christian fundamentalist (evangelical, they prefer to say; same thing) background, so it's a question I like to ask of people who talk to me about their "Loving God" and the "God-Breathed" scriptures by which they purport to live, wholly, literally, and without editing. You're damned right they cherry-pick which parts of "The Laws of God" they will ignore and which parts to tell me are REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT sins, usually while they're either telling me I am "lost" or that I need to just "read the Bible and I will See The Truth", et cetera. When faced with that, I have a small stock of pre-loaded rounds in the chamber, ready to ask them, "Well okay, your God commanded this, one chapter after the stuff you're telling me now... is your God a psychopath or what?"

Then I get to hear all about how "bitter" I am, or listen to them whine about "why are you so angry at God?", or worst of all (after they ignore what I just said about the psychopathic, deeply-immoral rules I'm rejecting, which set them off in the first place) that I "only reject God because you don't want to live by His Rules." Blink

What... the... ?

Not caring about what's really written in Bible isn't something surprising, for said book is useful in attacking others for whatever imagined offence indoctrinated believer could think of. Hovewer living by it's words is different thing - who care so much about some shitty book that he will live by all rules contained in it? Of course such behaviour is pathetic, but I preffer believers being lying punks rather than murderous fanatics.

I am glad that even fundies doesn't really give a shit about supposed word of space wizard - world would be worse place if fanatics were trying to punish imagined slights to their invisible friend.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2015, 03:24 PM
Right! Well said. I suppose things have gotten better. Blasphemy is the greatest invented crime of all time. Next to Heresy, I suppose.

My favorite take on it: Jehovah! Jehovah!! JEHOVAH!!!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-06-2015, 03:46 PM
(28-06-2015 03:24 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Right! Well said. I suppose things have gotten better. Blasphemy is the greatest invented crime of all time. Next to Heresy, I suppose.

My favorite take on it: Jehovah! Jehovah!! JEHOVAH!!!

STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! STOP IT! All right, no one is to stone _anyone_ until I blow this whistle. Even... and I want to make this absolutely clear... even if they do say, "Jehovah. "

[/CRUSHED WITH BIGASSED ROCK]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-06-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm watching John Hodgeman (from The Daily Show) interviewing John Cleese, the next video in-line, after the one I pulled up.

Almost as much a heathen hero as anyone actually executed for Blasphemy, in terms of what his work did for free thought. Hodgeman makes some atheist-friendly comments in the intro, as he talks about Cleese being his secular hero.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
28-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Best Cleese bit ever - was the sex ed scene in Meaning of Life.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-06-2015, 04:28 PM
That's a great scene!

He will forever in my mind be lying beside a stream, wearing a little pink bikini and a black bowtie!

[Image: tumblr_static_5sm534btuj0osscgwos4s4oss.gif]