Headache sufferers who have been prescribed benzos... this ever happened?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2015, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2015 11:17 AM by kingschosen.)
Headache sufferers who have been prescribed benzos... this ever happened?
Quick recap - I suffer 24/7 headaches. Sometimes they aren't that bad, sometimes they are completely debilitating. I take daily medication for them.

Anyway, I ran out of my clonazepam because just one at night wasn't cutting it. I was waking up in the middle of the night and I couldn't get back to sleep because of the pain. I told my doc and he didn't want to increase the dosage until I see him again on the 11th. I still had some tizanidine from my previous script with this doc (he switched me because tizanidine wasn't cutting it).

He told me to take the tizanidine as a filler until I get my refill of clonazepam on the 5th.

Ever since I ran out of clonazepam strange things have been happening to me. In fact, they just happened to me as I was typing out this post.

It's like... I have something in my head... I know what I want to say/write, but it comes out as something different. It's like a "misspoke" but frequent enough to know it's not normal.

ex:
I had every intention of telling QC over the phone that I wanted a #4. In fact, that's what I thought I said until I head
leaving this in as an example... this is what I typed. I had every intention of writing "heard" but it came out as "head". This isn't a simple type-o. I like said, I've made about 10-15 of there in this post alone.
my voice. When I said "a #4" I actually said "a #7".

I know I may not be describing it very well, but it's super strange. It hasn't happened to me until I stopped the clonazepam. So, I'm not really sure what to make of it.

It's happened to me at least 10 times in this post, but fortunately, there is backspace. But, when speaking, there is no backspace. It's really kind of scaring me because it's never happened to me before.

I'm thinking it's an effect of the benzo withdrawal... hopefully, anyway.

Anyone else ever had this thing happen to them?

Edit: lol I just noticed I did it in my example of the example. "I like said" instead of "like I said".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: Headache sufferers who have been prescribed benzos... this ever happened?
My perspective is likely completely irrelevant compared to what you are going through, but I have much milder versions of those symptoms. I tend to get headaches several times (5-10) a month, usually an ibuprofen or aspirin can tame them though, but if I take nothing they seem to never disappear. Not even sleep helps, usually that just makes them worse.

As for thinking and saying different things, for some reason that keeps happening to me too. Especially while typing.

I'll think something like "I'm going to eat at this place today." And type something like "I'm glad to eat at this play today" (not so ironically, this happened while I was typing this and I typed play instead of place in the first sentence).

It happens pretty often, so it could be an indicator of something. Or I might just be overthinking.

Hope you are dealing/will deal well with all this stuff, J-dawg.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
30-09-2015, 11:20 AM
(30-09-2015 11:17 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  My perspective is likely completely irrelevant compared to what you are going through, but I have much milder versions of those symptoms. I tend to get headaches several times (5-10) a month, usually an ibuprofen or aspirin can tame them though, but if I take nothing they seem to never disappear. Not even sleep helps, usually that just makes them worse.

As for thinking and saying different things, for some reason that keeps happening to me too. Especially while typing.

I'll think something like "I'm going to eat at this place today." And type something like "I'm glad to eat at this play today" (not so ironically, this happened while I was typing this and I typed play instead of place in the first sentence).

It happens pretty often, so it could be an indicator of something. Or I might just be overthinking.

Hope you are dealing/will deal well with all this stuff, J-dawg.

Thanks, man.

I just don't know. Like you said, it could be overthinking. Hopefully, my doc will have some answers. He's supposed to call me back today.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-09-2015, 11:23 AM
(30-09-2015 11:10 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm thinking it's an effect of the benzo withdrawal... hopefully, anyway.

Anyone else ever had this thing happen to them?

Edit: lol I just noticed I did it in my example of the example. "I like said" instead of "like I said".

Yea, it sounds like a benzo withdrawal:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiaze...l_syndrome

I do wonder why your doctor hasn't suggested other medications specifically used for headaches, like the triptans instead?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
30-09-2015, 11:29 AM
(30-09-2015 11:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yea, it sounds like a benzo withdrawal:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiaze...l_syndrome

Okay, cool. Thanks, Tomasia.

Quote:I do wonder why your doctor hasn't suggested other medications specifically used for headaches, like the triptans instead?

Been there, done that. In fact, you name it... been there, done that. QC told my doc that I jolt around in my sleep, so my doc thinks the headaches aren't "migraine" or "cluster". I forgot what he said, though.

I guess it really doesn't matter, as nothing really works. The only thing that curbs the pain is tramadol... as weird as that it... any other pain killer works for a few hours but makes them worse when they wear off.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-10-2015, 10:09 AM
So weird. I haven't had the problem in a couple of days... but why did it flare up all of a sudden and then go away?

Shouldn't it have started and phased out slowly at the starting point of the withdrawals?

03-10-2015, 05:25 PM
(02-10-2015 10:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So weird. I haven't had the problem in a couple of days... but why did it flare up all of a sudden and then go away?

Shouldn't it have started and phased out slowly at the starting point of the withdrawals?

Isn't clonazepam for panic attacks?

I used to get big- dog- killer sinus headaches but recently had sinus surgery to shrink the swollen sinus tissue (the turbinates) and straighten the deviated septum. I pretty much had a headache for the last decade but since the surgery two months ago my headaches have subsided to almost nothing.

I do have a headache today but I caught a bad cold. Feel yucky today.

I'm also on allergy shots which is helping my sinus problems.

I know there are hundreds of causes for headaches but have you ever had your sinuses checked out? Are you breathing well when you sleep at night?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Well, I'm not on benzos, so I don't know. I take Gabapentin and Tizanadine for my headaches. They've pretty much suppressed my daily headaches to the rare regular headache.

I've taken clonezepam before, but not for headaches- just for stress and anxiety.
09-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Hmmm... I have never had any chronic headache problems, and I've never taken the kinds of meds that you mention. But I often do the same things you're doing -- say or write or type something other than what I had intended, get words or letters switched around, etc. It happens more now than it used to (I'm 60 years old, which may be a contributing factor). I also sometimes have the strange experience of looking at a common word (like "the"), and thinking that there's something wrong with it -- it looks somehow unfamiliar, like it's spelled wrong, or it's in a foreign language or something. This is not new -- it's been happening since childhood.

Two possible interpretations: (1) This kind of thing is normal, and happens to most people; (2) You and I are both abnormal, although I'm not sure what we would have in common. It can't be headaches. I get them every now and then, but nothing like what you're describing.
09-10-2015, 02:37 PM
(03-10-2015 05:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Isn't clonazepam for panic attacks?

He thinks I'm having attacks in my sleep.

Quote:I used to get big- dog- killer sinus headaches but recently had sinus surgery to shrink the swollen sinus tissue (the turbinates) and straighten the deviated septum. I pretty much had a headache for the last decade but since the surgery two months ago my headaches have subsided to almost nothing.

I do have a headache today but I caught a bad cold. Feel yucky today.

I'm also on allergy shots which is helping my sinus problems.

I know there are hundreds of causes for headaches but have you ever had your sinuses checked out? Are you breathing well when you sleep at night?

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I had sinus surgery a few years ago in hopes to help my headaches to no avail.