Heading to a funeral (full of theists)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2012, 04:50 AM
RE: Heading to a funeral (full of theists)
(18-06-2012 04:30 AM)Observer Wrote:  Tip: focus on people's grief not on the theistic blahblah.
The visitors there will be flocking together in search of meaning and comfort. Don't dissapoint them.

If you are able, this would be a good time to get to know yourself and your own personal position on the purpose of death and suffering.

PS: A collection of treads about atheists and death can be found here
I've known for a while about what my perceptions on it were, actually long before being "atheist" (or not?) but it's simply: we live then die and everything we knew is gone forever unless we could pass some on.

Even when my grandmother died years ago, I only cried one time for a brief period (under a few minutes), then I was completely fine. Even when I made it to the hospital after she had died--my parents were like "don't you want to say anything?" And I said "she already knows, there's nothing else to say. Besides, all that's left is the shell, who she was is gone." I have a point of making sure people know what I want to, so I have no regrets when they do die.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2012, 05:38 AM
My tip: Stand at the back so no-one can see any incredulity that spreads across your face.
btw... 17th June was yesterday: Sunday! I hope you didn't miss it.

18-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Huh.... almost surprising thing. Not one person mentioned heaven, he was in a better place, nothing! Odd in one sense, but kind of nice in another--everyone was focused on the family, not the person who died. Personally I found that a better use of the time, but still.

Anyway, thought I'd tell you all Smile Now I'm off to bed after eating, have to be up in under 6 hours.