Headline: "New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Headline: "New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"
What the hell is this? I'm too annoyed to read this article after reading the headline of it. Like, what the fuck, atheists are psychopaths? I haven't read something so demonstrably false from a news source I thought was okay in as long as I can remember.

http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/new-stud...1461097066

Explain this bullshit
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: Headline: "New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"
I once took one of those online tests and it said I am a psychopath. I'm ok with that. Smile
25-04-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Headline: "New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"
I am frutrated by the fact i could not find the exact nature of 8 ethical questions/problems presented in this study. My bet is that those were loaded questions on which a theist would feel more connection than an atheist. As for the conclusion, it's a nice intention and important thing to remember, but is ultimately out of place in a scientifical study because of its tautological nature.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
25-04-2016, 07:19 PM
(25-04-2016 06:40 PM)pablo Wrote:  I once took one of those online tests and it said I am a psychopath. I'm ok with that. Smile

I'm only a borderline psychopath. I feel some degree of empathy for young children and kittens.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
25-04-2016, 07:22 PM
wait what? no puppies?
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
25-04-2016, 07:22 PM
I am crazy depending on the time of day.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
25-04-2016, 07:23 PM
But most psychopaths are religious freaks along with their other sicknesses.
25-04-2016, 07:45 PM
(25-04-2016 07:22 PM)skyking Wrote:  wait what? no puppies?

I enjoy the company of puppies and grew up with dogs. I've also eaten and liked dog meat on many occasions. So I guess it's situation dependent.

'Murican Canadian
25-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Eating all those babies and worshipping Satan what do you expect?

Quote:“Far from always conflicting with science, under the right circumstances religious belief may positively promote scientific creativity and insight,” Jack points out

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
25-04-2016, 07:47 PM
(25-04-2016 07:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Eating all those babies and worshipping Satan what do you expect?

If God didn't want me eating babies, he wouldn't have made them delicious.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post