Headline: "New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 07:59 PM
RE: Headline: "New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"
Headline: "New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"

Drinking Beverage Well, they started off right, anyway.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2016, 08:01 PM
RE: Headline: "New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"
Big Think used to annoy me on a regular basis, so I unsubbed from them on Youtube. I don't miss it.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
25-04-2016, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2016 08:10 PM by Fatbaldhobbit.)
photobucket sucks

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
25-04-2016, 08:04 PM
(25-04-2016 07:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Eating all those babies and worshipping Satan what do you expect?

Quote:“Far from always conflicting with science, under the right circumstances religious belief may positively promote scientific creativity and insight,” Jack points out

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

My thought exactly! What a fucking tool.
25-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Sometimes I think about how great of a psychopath I'd make, if it wasn't for this damn empathy always getting in the way...
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-04-2016, 08:25 PM
In the interest of full disclosure I did use to kill young birds for fun. I definitely coulda took the psychopath road if I had been raised in different circumstances. Luckily I had great parents.
25-04-2016, 08:28 PM
(25-04-2016 08:03 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  photobucket sucks

Indeed. It lost my avatar.
25-04-2016, 08:55 PM
"New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"
I only read the obviously factual parts...

"They found that people who believe in a god, or some spiritual essence, suppress the brain network for analytical thinking... the leap of faith to belief in the supernatural amounts to pushing aside the critical/analytical way of thinking... the researchers also concluded that religious people tend to be not as smart, or perhaps intelligence is not as important a characteristic to them... religion has no place telling us about the physical structure of the world; that’s the business of science"

There that looks better, and is easier to read. Smartass

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
25-04-2016, 09:40 PM
What BS. I mean I'm a psychopath atheist, sure, but most atheists I know are bleeding-heart SJW fucks: They want to care SO much that they literally make shit up to care about lol.
25-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Here is the study if you want to read it.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article...ne.0149989
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post