Headline: "New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 06:48 AM
RE: Headline: "New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"
I'd rather be psychopathic than stupid.

It pays better.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-04-2016, 07:06 AM
RE: Headline: "New Study: Religious People Are Less Smart but Atheists Are Psychopaths"
(25-04-2016 10:13 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Here is the study if you want to read it.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article...ne.0149989

Thanks!

Call me old fashioned, but the name of the study indicates a slight bias:

Quote:Why Do You Believe in God? Relationships between Religious Belief, Analytic Thinking, Mentalizing and Moral Concern

I'm just sayin'...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
26-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Funny how atheists are entirely underrepresented in prisons. You'd think if atheists were such psychopaths the court system would be overflowing with them, but nope. It's almost all theists of one sort and another, mostly christian.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
26-04-2016, 10:30 AM
(26-04-2016 08:37 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Funny how atheists are entirely underrepresented in prisons. You'd think if atheists were such psychopaths the court system would be overflowing with them, but nope. It's almost all theists of one sort and another, mostly christian.

But it also mentions that were smarter... Maybe that's why there are so few on prison
26-04-2016, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2016 08:26 AM by Fireball.)
(26-04-2016 10:30 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 08:37 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Funny how atheists are entirely underrepresented in prisons. You'd think if atheists were such psychopaths the court system would be overflowing with them, but nope. It's almost all theists of one sort and another, mostly christian.

But it also mentions that were smarter... Maybe that's why there are so few on prison

Beat me to it! Atheists, the Smarter Psychopaths .
26-04-2016, 05:39 PM
I took Channel 4's psychopathy test, and scored 24%...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2016, 06:12 PM
(26-04-2016 05:39 PM)Sam Wrote:  I took Channel 4's psychopathy test, and scored 24%...

Better keep studying.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post