Headshot...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Headshot...
Okay, so I was sitting, actually lying down in park because I was immensely tired and full of aches and pains. Some guys were kicking a soccer ball back and forth to each other nearby. I didn't think anything of it. A few minutes later the ball came and hit me extremely hard on the head after one of those morons who I am sure were not atheists kicked it very hard in that direction supposedly by mistake. Needless to say I got a concussion out it but am very worried about brain damage as some of my cognitive functions just aren't the same. Its taking me about 10 times the effort to do regular stuff like sit ups, driving, walking which is why I am suspecting the impact wasn't just s nerve damager but possibly more. I did feel my brain shake during the impact and now one side of my head feels pretty numb. I haven't gone to the doctor yet as i was in a lot of pain all over and trying to get rid of the pain before going to the doctor. Anyway, I am pretty scared they will say its brain damage. I don't even know how or why I am opening up about this but I kept thinking if there's anyone I can trust to be rational and moral, its the atheists. Somehow i doubt I will get abused here by people as it happens on websites with believers...

Any geniuses here who can tell me if the brain can regenerate itself completely after damage? Also are MRIs completely safe or do they have radiation that is harmful? I have googled this stuff but would appreciate know how from people who are in these fields or have experience about it.

Overall, I feel very angry at religions for letting these situations happen, angry at the guy who kicked the ball on my head. I mean I don't want to live my life with some of my critical functions impaired...

This happened in a very religious islamic nation where having fun of most sorts is banned and I was just getting a small escape from that torture when this happened.

Ironically I was thinking about how the character of Superman who I look a bit like needs to be defeated before this happened...

Any useful input is appreciate. I will see a doc asap and maybe even get mri tested although i don't see the point if the healing is unto me anyway. Just want to know can this be healed completely. Can I recover from this and do things unconsciously at my previous speed and power levels? Is the numbness muscular or is the brain affected? I know you guys aren't doctors but just listing my concerns here...

Thanks a lot for reading...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2013, 10:03 AM
RE: Headshot...
No, the brain doesn't regenerate damage very well at all.

Go see a doctor right away. Even if they tell you what you're most afraid of, it's better to know it and deal with it than wonder and not deal with it.

But I have to ask, why are we blaming religion here? So what if those guys were religious or not, it sounds like a random accident, maybe carelessness on their part, but it doesn't sound like a religious problem at all. Blame the cause, careless playing with a soccer ball, rather than looking for some secondary target for the blame.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
27-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Based on your post and the ludacris reasoning, you definitely need to see a doctor. Getting hit with a ball has nothing to do with religion, even after you stretched it as far as you could.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
27-03-2013, 10:12 AM
I can't believe atheists would defend religion. Please at least try to see my point. They were careless because they were selfish and believe in their god and don't give a damn about their negative impact on others. That's why this happened. Why I was there is because this place doesn't allow a whole lot of freedoms you guys take for granted. It does have to do with their religion. This whole place is run by religious restrictions. I can list things that are banned or allowed here that should shock atheists if they really are atheists.
27-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Your head injury has nothing to do with the religiousity of the person kicking that ball.

If you were hurt as badly as you say then get medical attention.

Then we can maybe address the idea that this was an injury caused by someone's faith.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-03-2013, 10:21 AM
(27-03-2013 10:12 AM)Mohit Mago Wrote:  I can't believe atheists would defend religion. Please at least try to see my point. They were careless because they were selfish and believe in their god and don't give a damn about their negative impact on others. That's why this happened. Why I was there is because this place doesn't allow a whole lot of freedoms you guys take for granted. It does have to do with their religion. This whole place is run by religious restrictions. I can list things that are banned or allowed here that should shock atheists if they really are atheists.

I wasn't defending religion. I simply mean that getting hit in the head, regardless of where you were, has nothing to do with religion. I accidentally burned my sister with a curling iron in high school in a church before her chorus performance....that also had nothing to religion. Shit happens. If they were throwing the ball at you because of your religion or theirs, then yes-that was because of religion. But an accident happened and their religion had nothing to do with it. I've experienced different religions banning different things and pushing for ridiculous rules. Nothing you can say will surprise me. These are some of the reasons deconverted and frown upon religion today. However, when something bad happens to me, I don't blame religion and I think it is a stretch in your situation as well.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
27-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Seriously?

Are you saying that only religious people are selfish? That because they're religious they don't care about injuring you?

After you get your head examined, you need to get your head examined...

I'm sorry, yes, I know this is a support forum, but your assumptions are extremely irrational and highly prejudiced - get medical treatment for your injury first and foremost, then you need to re-examine your world-view because the only way this might have anything to do with religion at all is if they were deliberately attacking you for religious reasons because they knew of your different belief, or lack of belief, and wanted to hurt you because of that difference.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
27-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Yeah, go see a doctor. Head injuries are nothing to be trifled with. Do it ASAP.

Now... I have to ask...

What does religion have to do with you getting beamed in the head by a soccer ball?

That's like blaming the moon landing for a type-o.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
27-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Run, don't walk, to a doctor's office. Better yet, a hospital where they have the machines you need.
While the brain doesn't regerate well, it can utilize space in other areas, given you don't have any fluids causing pressure, that needs to be fixed and can be fixed.

Why do you hurt all over? That alone is reason to go to a doc, not reason the stay away.

Never mind religion or no religion, what matters here is that you need medical help!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Sounds like an atheist is blaming god for a knock on the head. Definitely worrisome.

But seriously, get to a doctor ASAP!

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume