Health effects of leaving religion.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Health effects of leaving religion.

Interesting article.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
28-09-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: Health effects of leaving religion.
(28-09-2014 04:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
Interesting article.

I know a lot of "recovering Catholics". It takes a while to sort it all out, and realize what the parts of religion were that you really valued were all about, and that perhaps you have actually lost nothing. Religion was an aesthetic thing for me, and that's easily replaceable. It's still a utilitarian argument, and humans are better off in the long run without Santa. I feel bad for the guy from BYU. I was lucky. I realized very early that a life beating your head against a wall was no way to live, no matter how hard the separation process is.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-09-2014, 08:21 PM
RE: Health effects of leaving religion.
I'd say for the most part, it's been positive for me leaving religion. I found that I worried far more when I was religious, than now as an atheist. Religion tends to breed fear, and causes one to focus more so on a supposed after life than the here and now. That said, there are times I do miss my former prayer life, and the imagined comfort it gave me, then. I'm in the process of sorting some of that out now, and wondering where those ''feelings'' are coming from.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post