Health or Homeless.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Health or Homeless.
I haven't told anyone, but one person about my condition.
My girlfriend has not even recieved the information of my problem, because I'm too afraid of her response.

For a few years, I was diagnosed with bulimia.
I went with my cousin, whom died a few weeks ago due to a car accident, so I decided not to tell my parents because of the response I would get.
Well, they found out. And I got the exact response that I thought I would recieve.

About seven years ago, my cousin (male) died of bulimia; technically starvation if you want to consider that. After the incident, my parents became frantic about me eating enough and sometimes forcing vast amounts of food down my throat. I would eat everything that they had given to me and when they weren't looking, I would throw it up. I hate the condition of my body because I think that I am too skinny. Even the doctor has told me that I am about twenty pounds underweight. But, because of my condition I become shaken up and sometimes even depressed when I do not dispose of much of my food, unhealthily. It worries me that someday I could be seriously harmed, but to me... there isn't much I can do.

When my parents found out through I don't know how, probably my aunt, they told me that I had a month to get ready to leave.

At first I didn't understand, then they preceeded to say:
"You are doing this to yourself. You are anorexic, not "bulimic". Models are skinny and you want to be like them, it's not healthy Sarah. After your birthday, I want you out of this house. It's for your own good."

I have nowhere to go and I'm too afraid to tell Lindsay and/or Amber and my mother feels the same on the subject.

I don't know what to do.
Please help me.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2012, 08:56 AM
RE: Health or Homeless.
Firstly dot look at Internet strangers for help because the only thing we can do is type for you.
Secondly go see a councillor. Tell them EVERYTHING.
Then maybe seek more professional help in the form of a psychiatrist.
Also unless you're 18 isn't there a law stating that your parents have to house you or find an alternative unless they want to be get brought up on child abuse and neglect charges by the state?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 5 users Like lucradis's post
16-03-2012, 08:57 AM
So your parents are throwing you out because they found out about something that isn't even happening anymore?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
16-03-2012, 08:58 AM
(16-03-2012 08:57 AM)germanyt Wrote:  So your parents are throwing you out because they found out about something that isn't even happening anymore?

It is still happening.. Huh

bemore

16-03-2012, 09:04 AM
(16-03-2012 08:58 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 08:57 AM)germanyt Wrote:  So your parents are throwing you out because they found out about something that isn't even happening anymore?

It is still happening.. Huh

Why do you do this? (srs question)

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-03-2012, 09:07 AM
(16-03-2012 09:04 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Why do you do this? (srs question)

I'm hungry, so I eat.
But then something inside of me say "Throw up, now."
If I go against what it is saying, then for some reason my body becomes... sad and anxious in a sense of words. I don't know how to explain it, it just happens.

bemore

16-03-2012, 09:16 AM
As Lucradis stated we can't seriously help you. This is making a huge impact on your life. Both do what Lucradis has suggested and talk about this with your girlfriend. A huge part of your life like this should not be swept under the rug. If you guys work out well and continue to enjoy years of partnership you'll want to be used to telling her important things not hiding them.

How much do you eat regularly? It's obvious that you threw up after being forced large helpings when you feel this way. A councilor or competent doctor even will probably first suggest a dietician. Your parents better pay for it if they want you healthy. Having more understanding of the food you eat can sometimes help these conditions. Also not eating so much that you really feel the need to expel. Yes sometimes the urge is severe enough that you expel everything, but you can slowly convince yourself of what amounts are acceptable.

I emphasize again inform the important people in your life about the important parts of your life don't hide these things. And go to talk with some medical professionals and possibly look into laws on gaurdianship. If your parents really throw you out while you're suffering from a possibly fatal condition there will be a huge litany of trouble for them. Just ask for help and you will get it. Those who are not helped are generally the ones who keep things to themselves. The best thing for you to do is get past the fear and embarassment and admit that you need help.

I hope those you care most about care about you enough to help, if they don't then it's good you know that now rather than the next time something dire happens.

I praise the internet for being a place children go to first for help, because before the internet children just kept it to themselves no matter how urgent the need. (sorry for all the children talk not meaning anything by it. It's just that younger people are less aware of how society works)

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 4 users Like Lilith Pride's post
16-03-2012, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2012 09:23 AM by germanyt.)
(16-03-2012 09:07 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 09:04 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Why do you do this? (srs question)

I'm hungry, so I eat.
But then something inside of me say "Throw up, now."
If I go against what it is saying, then for some reason my body becomes... sad and anxious in a sense of words. I don't know how to explain it, it just happens.

Have you tried snacking throughout the day in small amounts so that you don't feel like you just ate? If your physical appearance is what bothers you I can help you with a diet and exercise that will keep you full of healthy food and in great shape. It's not worth the damage to your teeth, mouth, and throat as well as the lack of nutrition.

-Mark Twain
16-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Thank you guys.

I just told Lindsay...
She didn't understand at first, which I understand, but she said she's here as much as possible and I'll be crashing at her house as long as needed.
Maybe there is hope..

bemore

[+] 2 users Like legendoflink's post
16-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Ludacris' advice is best. We can't really help - sympathy yes, maybe even some good advice, but best is to actually go see a doc and explain the whole deal to them. Human body / mind is very complicated. Doc will stand a better chance of getting at the root of the problem.