Health or Homeless.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-03-2012, 01:39 PM
RE: Health or Homeless.
(22-03-2012 01:29 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I think it's important for everyone to not sound like we are yelling at her to do something. Feeling like people are mad at you doesn't make the situation better.

Agreed, but I don't think anyone's yelling, xLeg I hope you would understand the spirit of the posts, even the somewhat more "Go do this,it's for your own good" ones. It's because we care and we want to help but we're stuck behind a keyboard and it's frustrating. You've made some friends here and we don't like to think of you hurting.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
22-03-2012, 01:44 PM
(22-03-2012 01:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-03-2012 01:29 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I think it's important for everyone to not sound like we are yelling at her to do something. Feeling like people are mad at you doesn't make the situation better.

Agreed, but I don't think anyone's yelling, xLeg I hope you would understand the spirit of the posts, even the somewhat more "Go do this,it's for your own good" ones. It's because we care and we want to help but we're stuck behind a keyboard and it's frustrating. You've made some friends here and we don't like to think of you hurting.

This.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
22-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Look, I know you can't control it. I'm just honestly concerned... as I've had first-hand experience at what it can do. Please seek help.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-03-2012, 08:58 AM
My girlfriend is helping as much as possible & I'm going to see a counselor and dietician after Spring break.
Thanks for the support.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like legendoflink's post
24-03-2012, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 02:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
Got no idea about this particular eating disorder. Can't even come close to relating 'cause I've always been quite the glutton myself which comes with its own set of health issues (obesity, insulin resistance and prediabetes in my case). Guess you could try to drink your calories and if it doesn't feel like you've eaten maybe it won't trigger the urge to purge. Dom had success putting weight on her ill husband using Ensure. She talks about it in the juicer thread. I hope you find your way out of this quagmire, it didn't end well for Karen Carpenter.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
24-03-2012, 02:24 PM
It's good that you recognize that Bulimia is a serious problem. The advice to get professional help is excellent. This isn't one of those things you can get over on your own as I understand it. You have made an excellent start, you told your girlfriend and you posted here...you also told your parents...it's not a deep, dark secret any more. Now talk to a counselor, a doctor, a nurse, a trusted teacher. Look up eating disorder clinics in your area.

You have said it out loud...now you can take the next step toward getting better.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
21-08-2012, 08:16 PM
My problem is almost cleared up and I have gained 10 lbs. I know that isn't much, but it excites me.
Thank you all for the support.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

[+] 7 users Like legendoflink's post
21-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Like very much! Keep getting better!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-08-2012, 03:18 PM
wow Legend Smile I am so happy for you!!! Keep on the good work Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post