Healthy Drinking.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Healthy Drinking.
Iv'e been doing a bit of drinking research on account of my dicky liver.

Seems the latest medical research indicates that 'moderate drinking' helps prevent heart attacks, round 30% as compared with non drinkers and heavy drinkers. One strong issue relates to alcohol helping increase HDL a scavenger of plaques and cholesterol. Not only red wine but all of the beverages are seen as helpful.

Now world consensus re the moderate level is not clear ranging from less that one std drink, through 1, 1 to 2, 2 to 4, and a whopping max of 5 in Scandinavia. Ladies should halve these figures. The over all consensus for safety and heart benefits seems to be 1-2 daily. Daily is important too, not 14 in one hit once a week.

Me? Presently 1-2......healthy but not much fun. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2013, 04:21 PM
RE: Healthy Drinking.
(17-03-2013 03:59 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Now world consensus re the moderate level is not clear ranging from less that one std drink,
STD drink... what flavours ya got? Do you have herpetic cream soda? It is my favourite!

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
17-03-2013, 04:27 PM
(17-03-2013 04:21 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(17-03-2013 03:59 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Now world consensus re the moderate level is not clear ranging from less that one std drink,
STD drink... what flavours ya got? Do you have herpetic cream soda? It is my favourite!
Huh Never heard of it;Is it something drained from herpes victims.
17-03-2013, 04:32 PM
That was the general idea behind the joke, yes. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
17-03-2013, 04:39 PM
(17-03-2013 04:32 PM)frankiej Wrote:  That was the general idea behind the joke, yes. Tongue
Yeah! Don't reckon that kind of pop would help my liver much..... Unsure
17-03-2013, 07:36 PM
I have a glass of red wine each night with dinner because I enjoy it and like the health benefits. I used to drink hard apple cider here and there, and have Kahlua and coffee for a digestif on weekends, but I gave them up in order to lose weight. Also used to enjoy a nice port with a stogie on Saturday nights, but that went by the wayside as well (although that's a ritual I wouldn't mind resuming at some point).

Now that marijuana is legal in my state, I'm interested in it for whatever potential medical benefits it might have (anxiety relief, dementia prevention?). Maybe that option would be good for your fun-factor too, considering your liver issues?
17-03-2013, 07:43 PM
(17-03-2013 07:36 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  I have a glass of red wine each night with dinner because I enjoy it and like the health benefits. I used to drink hard apple cider here and there, and have Kahlua and coffee for a digestif on weekends, but I gave them up in order to lose weight. Also used to enjoy a nice port with a stogie on Saturday nights, but that went by the wayside as well (although that's a ritual I wouldn't mind resuming at some point).

Now that marijuana is legal in my state, I'm interested in it for whatever potential medical benefits it might have (anxiety relief, dementia prevention?). Maybe that option would be good for your fun-factor too, considering your liver issues?

I can attest that marihuana is better against nausea than any drug doctors have. This can be important to know - a lot of people are nauseated after they have had operations and it can delay recovery substantially. Sublingual marihuana is the best and fastest remedy.
I drink two glasses of wine every evening.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-03-2013, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 09:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-03-2013 03:59 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Iv'e been doing a bit of drinking research on account of my dicky liver.

Seems the latest medical research indicates that 'moderate drinking' helps prevent heart attacks, round 30% as compared with non drinkers and heavy drinkers. One strong issue relates to alcohol helping increase HDL a scavenger of plaques and cholesterol. Not only red wine but all of the beverages are seen as helpful.

Now world consensus re the moderate level is not clear ranging from less that one std drink, through 1, 1 to 2, 2 to 4, and a whopping max of 5 in Scandinavia. Ladies should halve these figures. The over all consensus for safety and heart benefits seems to be 1-2 daily. Daily is important too, not 14 in one hit once a week.

Yeah, I know what you mean, 1-2 shots is healthy but ain't much fun. 8-10 shots every night starts to be a different story. Tongue

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
22-03-2013, 11:48 AM
(21-03-2013 09:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-03-2013 03:59 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Iv'e been doing a bit of drinking research on account of my dicky liver.

Yeah, I know what you mean, 1-2 shots is healthy but ain't much fun. 8-10 shots every night starts to be a different story. Tongue

8-10 shots a night is kind of savage fun. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Healthy drinking is calculating your bodyweight, then drinking just enough alcohol to not kill yourself. Drinking Beverage

"The more you know..."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user