Heard Around The Oort Cloud

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 1.56 Average
22-03-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: Heard Around The Oort Cloud
(22-03-2013 09:46 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  4) Certain sciences, like Evolutionary science or anatomy of the brain, currently have as many unanswered questions as answered ones, if not more.
Wow between this and the "redacted fossil record comment you just throw so much unsubstantiated crap in your posts its hard for any of the threads you post in to stay anywhere near on point.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:"Redacted fossil record"? Bullshit.
Go right ahead and tell us all about all the smoking gun fossils that empirically demonstrate transitional forms between Kingdoms, and for which all scientists agree upon. Ready, set... go!
22-03-2013, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 06:48 PM by fstratzero.)
(22-03-2013 07:19 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Thank you, everyone, for your thoughtful and careful responses. Peer review for scientists involves more than critical review--and yes, scientists and tenured faculty often behave as though criticism is their gifting--it involves research dollars and tenure and for towing the mainstream line. As for the rest, I am aware of many of the pillars of science that support or suggest and older solar system. The issues I have with the Cloud and Belt are 1) The Kuiper "Belt" has had about 100 objects seen in it--is it conjectured there are tens of thousands but that is all conjecture without empirical evidence. 2) The existence of The Oort Cloud is not moot. But it is pure conjecture without empirical evidence--objects sighted, gravitational anomalies, etc. One or the other is an example of a conjectured MUST that HAS to be there to support an older solar system. Atheists accuse Christians of being delusional and conjecturing a real, living Jesus to support their views on the Bible without empirical evidence. Conversely, Christians rightly accuse secular astronomers of having a Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud without any empirical evidence (otherwise comets demonstrate a relatively young solar system). What are your thoughts on that?
I'll walk you through this.

They date the age of the solar system using meteorites. A meteorite is a meteoroid (a solid piece of debris from such sources as asteroids or comets) originating in outer space that survives impact with the Earth's surface.

Meteorites come from, various sources, if you exclude the kuiper belt, and oort cloud. We have still another source, the asteroid belt.
http://www.ps1sc.org/blog/2011/09/30/the...roid-belt/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main-belt_comet

Anyways lets look at the idea that there is no empirical evidence for the Kuiper belt first.

Evidence for the Kuiper belt.
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1993Natur.362..730J
http://www.minorplanetcenter.org/iau/lis...taurs.html
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1979IAUS...81..245K
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tra...an_objects

Of course the objects were observed cataloged and shown to be a part of a belt of debris past Neptune.

The Oort cloud however is merely a hypothesis right now and another explanation may still be discovered, or the Oort cloud hypothesis revised. A thing to note, is that Oort cloud objects are estimated to be around 5,000 to 100,000 au from the sun.

HR 5825 and HD 53143

Have been observed with debris discs from 55 AU to 110 AU. Which indicate that such a Oort cloud is very feasible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_139664
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_53143
http://www.space.com/17875-alien-comets-...-belt.html

Other ideas may range from rouge elements from other star systems during their formation throwing bodies into space, to the edge of an ancient accretion disc.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
22-03-2013, 06:03 PM
(22-03-2013 12:42 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:"Redacted fossil record"? Bullshit.
Go right ahead and tell us all about all the smoking gun fossils that empirically demonstrate transitional forms between Kingdoms, and for which all scientists agree upon. Ready, set... go!

Start with Tiktaalik roseae, then do your own fucking research instead of spouting unsubstantiated bullshit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
22-03-2013, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 06:28 PM by fstratzero.)
I want him to ask himself this question.

What does Christian science(strawman science is what I call it), solve? Anything?

Or does it simply try to prove through negations, the existence of god? If that's all it does then why call it science?

Now if you want to see the other side of the argument, just relax for a bit and watch this.

If you can not watch it, just google The Comet's Tale - BBC

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
23-03-2013, 07:37 AM
(22-03-2013 06:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 12:42 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Go right ahead and tell us all about all the smoking gun fossils that empirically demonstrate transitional forms between Kingdoms, and for which all scientists agree upon. Ready, set... go!

Start with Tiktaalik roseae, then do your own fucking research instead of spouting unsubstantiated bullshit.
Whaaa-pah! Terse and deadly locked on...

As to the question, dude! Every fossil is transitional, cause evolution don't sit still and shit... but what you (generalization alert!) are looking for is a butterfly under glass spontaneously mutating into a dolphin... and that ain't gonna happen.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-03-2013, 04:08 PM
(23-03-2013 07:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 06:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Start with Tiktaalik roseae, then do your own fucking research instead of spouting unsubstantiated bullshit.
Whaaa-pah! Terse and deadly locked on...

As to the question, dude! Every fossil is transitional, cause evolution don't sit still and shit... but what you (generalization alert!) are looking for is a butterfly under glass spontaneously mutating into a dolphin... and that ain't gonna happen.

I think whale evolution is one of the best examples.

[Image: evolution_of_whales1.jpg]

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
23-03-2013, 04:41 PM
(21-03-2013 07:40 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Your mistaking consensus with Ad Populum, you have heard of peer review?
It's "you're", Mr. Two Fake Degrees, SexuallyPleasingJebusJokeTroll. And I'm not confusing anything with anything. They are three different things and YOU were the one who brought up the fact that so many worshiped your gad as validation. The Pew Center has demonstrated most believer know nothing about their cults, just like you, AND neither has anything to do with "peer review". You're even more stupid than I thought.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
23-03-2013, 07:34 PM
(23-03-2013 04:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 07:40 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Your mistaking consensus with Ad Populum, you have heard of peer review?
It's "you're", Mr. Two Fake Degrees, SexuallyPleasingJebusJokeTroll. And I'm not confusing anything with anything. They are three different things and YOU were the one who brought up the fact that so many worshiped your gad as validation. The Pew Center has demonstrated most believer know nothing about their cults, just like you, AND neither has anything to do with "peer review". You're even more stupid than I thought.

That was my reply to PleaseJesus. I've fixed the grammar/spelling error. Thanks for pointing it out.

-Baron d'Holbach-
25-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Quote:I'll walk you through this.
You did a thoughtful and careful job, and it is appreciated. Except for the (5th?) time, I'm speaking of comets, not meteors and meteorites. Thanks.
Quote:It's "you're", Mr. Two Fake Degrees, SexuallyPleasingJebusJokeTroll. And I'm not confusing anything with anything. They are three different things and YOU were the one who brought up the fact that so many worshiped your gad as validation. The Pew Center has demonstrated most believer know nothing about their cults, just like you, AND neither has anything to do with "peer review". You're even more stupid than I thought.
1) What is my motivation for making up a fake A.S. and a fake B.A. in Religion? Why wouldn't I say I have Ph.D then? Your argument has no merit of facts to it. 2) Peer review still adheres to concepts like confirmation bias. And for someone who claims to be entrenched in academia more so than me, you sure don't know anything about tenure and what party lines and politics you have to do to keep it. PJ works for a university now--two VP's offices and in a college over time--and in the college, PJ advised faculty on tenure policies and proceedures.