Heard Around The Oort Cloud

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 1.56 Average
25-03-2013, 06:53 AM
RE: Heard Around The Oort Cloud
(25-03-2013 06:41 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I'll walk you through this.
You did a thoughtful and careful job, and it is appreciated. Except for the (5th?) time, I'm speaking of comets, not meteors and meteorites. Thanks.
Quote:It's "you're", Mr. Two Fake Degrees, SexuallyPleasingJebusJokeTroll. And I'm not confusing anything with anything. They are three different things and YOU were the one who brought up the fact that so many worshiped your gad as validation. The Pew Center has demonstrated most believer know nothing about their cults, just like you, AND neither has anything to do with "peer review". You're even more stupid than I thought.
1) What is my motivation for making up a fake A.S. and a fake B.A. in Religion? Why wouldn't I say I have Ph.D then? Your argument has no merit of facts to it. 2) Peer review still adheres to concepts like confirmation bias. And for someone who claims to be entrenched in academia more so than me, you sure don't know anything about tenure and what party lines and politics you have to do to keep it. PJ works for a university now--two VP's offices and in a college over time--and in the college, PJ advised faculty on tenure policies and proceedures.
Great so you are a college administrator. Doesn't mean you know anything about any particular subject beyond that of a layperson.

Any comments on the fantastic examples that were posted on the previous page regarding the evidence in the fossil record? Or are you going to ignore them under the guise that you really only want to talk about comets despite the fact that you brought up the fossil record.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2013, 10:56 AM
You did a thoughtful and careful job, and it is appreciated. Except for the (5th?) time, I'm speaking of comets, not meteors and meteorites. Thanks.
Quote:It's "you're", Mr. Two Fake Degrees, SexuallyPleasingJebusJokeTroll. And I'm not confusing anything with anything. They are three different things and YOU were the one who brought up the fact that so many worshiped your gad as validation. The Pew Center has demonstrated most believer know nothing about their cults, just like you, AND neither has anything to do with "peer review". You're even more stupid than I thought.
1) What is my motivation for making up a fake A.S. and a fake B.A. in Religion? Why wouldn't I say I have Ph.D then? Your argument has no merit of facts to it. 2) Peer review still adheres to concepts like confirmation bias. And for someone who claims to be entrenched in academia more so than me, you sure don't know anything about tenure and what party lines and politics you have to do to keep it. PJ works for a university now--two VP's offices and in a college over time--and in the college, PJ advised faculty on tenure policies and proceedures.

More deflection attempted. Tenure and administration, and politics have nothing to do with anything. You keep attempting to throw in extraneous crap, instead of addressing questions. Nice try, SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke. But now we know you ARE using your employer's time when you're only on here during the day, during the week. Do you work at Biola, SPJJT ? That's about your mentality level.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
25-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:Great so you are a college administrator. Doesn't mean you know anything about any particular subject beyond that of a layperson.

Any comments on the fantastic examples that were posted on the previous page regarding the evidence in the fossil record? Or are you going to ignore them under the guise that you really only want to talk about comets despite the fact that you brought up the fossil record.
1. Well, whale evolution, e.g., is a great example of what? For a land species to be going to water-based life or vice versa, you need more than flippers to walking limbs or vice versa; you need true weight bearing limbs and musculature to account for the buoyancy of water, a heat retention system as underwater temperature is less subject to temperature extremes, skin that allows for water loss/perspiration on land, a completely different kidney/excretion system, AND a perfected respiratory system. Multiple dramatic physiologic changes.
25-03-2013, 12:07 PM
(25-03-2013 11:51 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Great so you are a college administrator. Doesn't mean you know anything about any particular subject beyond that of a layperson.

1. Well, whale evolution, e.g., is a great example of what? For a land species to be going to water-based life or vice versa, you need more than flippers to walking limbs or vice versa; you need true weight bearing limbs and musculature to account for the buoyancy of water, a heat retention system as underwater temperature is less subject to temperature extremes, skin that allows for water loss/perspiration on land, a completely different kidney/excretion system, AND a perfected respiratory system. Multiple dramatic physiologic changes.
It's too bad there aren't still living examples of lifeforms that can survive in both environments. Then we could at least imagine it's possible for such evolution to occur over hundreds of thousands of years.

Like crabs, for example.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
25-03-2013, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:22 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
25-03-2013, 12:31 PM
(25-03-2013 11:51 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

So are you saying that the presented evolutionary history of whales has too many gaps or are you saying that the changes are too dramatic for anything other than ID (or some other guided system) or perhaps some 3rd objection? **grabs some popcorn**
25-03-2013, 02:00 PM
The presented evolutionary history regarding a number of forms going from land to water or vice versa is not only subject to flux within recent decades but specious on its face. We need not just respiratory systems but weight bearing systems, skin regulation systems, etc. as mentioned. Your question is loaded because Evolution is the "guided system" that has been added on. That's the 3rd party we're talking about.
25-03-2013, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:19 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
25-03-2013, 02:12 PM
(25-03-2013 02:00 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The presented evolutionary history regarding a number of forms going from land to water or vice versa is not only subject to flux within recent decades but specious on its face. We need not just respiratory systems but weight bearing systems, skin regulation systems, etc. as mentioned. Your question is loaded because Evolution is the "guided system" that has been added on. That's the 3rd party we're talking about.

Evolutionary Biology has come a long way since the 1800's when you went to school.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
25-03-2013, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2013 04:49 PM by fstratzero.)

Main-belt(Asteroid belt) comets are bodies orbiting within the main asteroid belt which have shown cometary activity during part of their orbit. The Jet Propulsion Laboratory defines a main-belt asteroid as an asteroid with a semi-major axis (average distance from the Sun) of more than 2 AU but less than 3.2 AU, and a perihelion (closest approach distance to the Sun) of no less than 1.6 AU.

Now lets define these terms you are rejecting.

Comet - a celestial body moving about the sun, usually in a highly eccentric orbit, consisting of a central mass surrounded by an envelope of dust and gas that may form a tail that streams away from the sun. A comet is composed of rock, dust, water ice, and frozen gases such as carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, methane and ammonia.

Meteorite - A meteorite is a meteoroid (a solid piece of debris from such sources as asteroids or comets) originating in outer space that survives impact with the Earth's surface.

Meteor - A meteoroid is a small particle from a comet or asteroid. A meteoroid is significantly smaller than an asteroid, ranging from small grains to 1-meter wide. The visible streak of light from space debris is the result of heat as it enters a planet's atmosphere, and the glowing particles that it sheds in its wake is called a meteor, or colloquially a "shooting star" or "falling star".

Asteroids - are minor planets (small Solar System bodies or dwarf planets) that are not comets, especially those of the inner Solar System. They have also been called planetoids, especially the larger ones.

PS. I don't care who are you or what you do. Only if your argument is true.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post