Heard Around The Oort Cloud

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 1.56 Average
27-03-2013, 07:11 AM
RE: Heard Around The Oort Cloud
(27-03-2013 07:00 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Hard to get tenure in a discipline when you disbelieve in the discipline, yes.

--J.D.
Huh? Then why can't born again Christians get tenure when teaching biblical studies, but devout Muslims and Hindus snare it easily in those areas? You're very foolish and assumptive, as usual.

Because born-again Christians don't believe in Biblical scholarship. They are not objective.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2013, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:13 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Doctor X's post
27-03-2013, 08:11 AM
+1 for Pink Floyd reference.
27-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:Because your men of straw they do better research. In reality, the situation is quite different. Not a lot of tenured Muslim NT scholars. Kindly name them, son. We will not hold are breaths.
I wrote, as you quoted, in THOSE AREAS. Muslim scholars get tenure to teach Muslim studies and etc. with aplomb, and the more so to promote diversity among faculty. You don't read for comprehension well. Again, foolish and assumptive. But there's no "win" here since you are responding with hostility instead of engaging in civil debate. Perhaps you can leave aside your Earthbound misfit-ism to discuss the Oort Cloud?
27-03-2013, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:13 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
28-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:Back peddling again, son?
Nay, my son, pointing out where you deliberately misquoted me and address a straw man AGAIN. Frankly, you are tiresome and I am being very patient with you because I'm a Christian and patience and love flow out of me the way intolerance and insults to Theists flow from your stony heart. ANYONE who wants can go back over this or other threads and see how you really do not address any of my questions but rather say mindless things like "I don't have to answer you, son, because the natural order already does." The difference is BB, TBD, Vosur and anyone else who is in the mood actually responds to my comments either positively or negatively or both. I'm done with you for now.
28-03-2013, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:13 PM by Doctor X.)

29-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:We will accept he cannot read.

--J.D.
No, we shant! We will accept that you are either incapable or unwilling to answer questions posed once they make demands of your intellect and not that of your professors' tired, outmoded theories of Bible origins.

PS. Thanks EVER so much for the opportunity to use "shant" in a sentence. Cheers, son.
29-03-2013, 08:04 AM
You know God's not real right?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
29-03-2013, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:13 PM by Doctor X.)