RE: Heard Around The Oort Cloud
Quote:Who is he suppose to believe?

You?

Yes.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:13 PM by Doctor X.)
Wink RE: Heard Around The Oort Cloud

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
29-03-2013, 08:41 AM
That actually IS an interesting thing to consider. Why some people FEEL like they have "heard from god", . . . or have "seen angels", . . . or whatever. I don't want to say they are insane, . . . but one has to wonder what is going on in the brain of those who make such claims.
29-03-2013, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:12 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 1 user Likes Doctor X's post
29-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Kinda reminds me of the following, from The Matrix, "You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

It is possible that, if someone wants something to be true [to the level of receiving a glorious eternal existence], their brain can make them "feel"/"sense" all kinds of things that aren't true.

I remember, back when I was a sincere christian, when the Brownsville Revival craze was happening, I was playing the bass for the worship team at a local church who was trying to "get in on the move of the spirit". They were doing the "body jerk" thing, . . . and because I thought it was all true, . . . I began to do it myself. Totally suggestive. But even then, I was sensing the nonsense that I eventually discovered.
29-03-2013, 10:45 AM
(29-03-2013 08:41 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  That actually IS an interesting thing to consider. Why some people FEEL like they have "heard from god", . . . or have "seen angels", . . . or whatever. I don't want to say they are insane, . . . but one has to wonder what is going on in the brain of those who make such claims.

As a prophet of god, verily I say unto you: nutbag. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Indeed, cantor. Indeed!
29-03-2013, 11:37 AM
I mean, you don't wanna be in my brain. Unless, of course, you love Gwyneth. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
29-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Who claimed to have heard from God? Isn't it sufficient for you for someone to have read the Bible and have made a decision?
29-03-2013, 11:52 AM
(29-03-2013 11:43 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Who claimed to have heard from God? Isn't it sufficient for you for someone to have read the Bible and have made a decision?

Sufficient? For what?

OK, you've read the Bible and believe something.

Many of us have read the Bible and see it for the Bronze Age myth that it is.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]