Heard Around The Oort Cloud

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 1.56 Average
07-03-2013, 10:25 AM
RE: Heard Around The Oort Cloud
(07-03-2013 08:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 08:06 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  You were already offered such evidence and were necessairily distracted by a family difficulty. I'm trying to maintain my sensitivity in this regard. Perhaps God will allow us to reschedule at a later date, I hope so!
Would you please post a link to the post in which you allegedly provided me with visual and auditory evidence for the existence of your god? I can guarantee you that you never did.

I understand you've been going through some difficult family issues. I have as well as I wrote about last week. However, if you honestly don't remember God's loving concern and His stated desire to provide you smoking gun evidence the other night at 8 PM... to you PERSONALLY... well, I may be forced to conclude you are truly guilty of what Christians accuse freethinkers of... having their heads in the sand and honestly not wanting to seek... and find.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 10:33 AM
(07-03-2013 10:25 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 08:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Would you please post a link to the post in which you allegedly provided me with visual and auditory evidence for the existence of your god? I can guarantee you that you never did.

I understand you've been going through some difficult family issues. I have as well as I wrote about last week. However, if you honestly don't remember God's loving concern and His stated desire to provide you smoking gun evidence the other night at 8 PM... to you PERSONALLY... well, I may be forced to conclude you are truly guilty of what Christians accuse freethinkers of... having their heads in the sand and honestly not wanting to seek... and find.
That's a new dishonest tactic. The move of "God told me he told you on this day at this time he was real. If you didn't recognize it as god, then you are doomed my friend."

That is. Frustratingly dishonest and absurd. I honestly don't know whether to laugh my ass off or weep for humanity. Weeping

Evolve
07-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Christians have said lots of things, especially in English.. And awkward poorly spoken/written English at that.

In whole it seems queer to say you know "who" of something supposedly unobservable.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
07-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:That's a new dishonest tactic. The move of "God told me he told you on this day at this time he was real. If you didn't recognize it as god, then you are doomed my friend."

That is. Frustratingly dishonest and absurd. I honestly don't know whether to laugh my ass off or weep for humanity.
Sounds dishonest, but it's not what I wrote at all. I'll rephrase for you: Vosur asked for a reference for a provision of proof, forgetting that he dropped all else for a promise given for a particular time and date! He was distracted, perhaps I can reschedule. However, if he can't remember me calling his calling my "bluff" he clearly has no care for the evidence God provides any who ask... sincerely.
07-03-2013, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 11:17 AM by Vosur.)
(07-03-2013 10:25 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I understand you've been going through some difficult family issues. I have as well as I wrote about last week. However, if you honestly don't remember God's loving concern and His stated desire to provide you smoking gun evidence the other night at 8 PM... to you PERSONALLY... well, I may be forced to conclude you are truly guilty of what Christians accuse freethinkers of... having their heads in the sand and honestly not wanting to seek... and find.
I think the best way to demonstrate why this reasoning is fallacious and dishonest is by applying your reasoning to a counter-example, such as the following:

I understand that you've been going through some difficult family issues. So have I, as I've told you last week. However, if you honestly asked your god to share evidence of his existence with me and he didn't show me any at 8 p.m., I may be forced to conclude that you are truly guilty of what non-believers accuse Christian of, that you've been lying straight to my face in order to further your agenda.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
07-03-2013, 11:27 AM
(07-03-2013 10:53 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:That's a new dishonest tactic. The move of "God told me he told you on this day at this time he was real. If you didn't recognize it as god, then you are doomed my friend."

That is. Frustratingly dishonest and absurd. I honestly don't know whether to laugh my ass off or weep for humanity.
Sounds dishonest, but it's not what I wrote at all. I'll rephrase for you: Vosur asked for a reference for a provision of proof, forgetting that he dropped all else for a promise given for a particular time and date! He was distracted, perhaps I can reschedule. However, if he can't remember me calling his calling my "bluff" he clearly has no care for the evidence God provides any who ask... sincerely.
God works night-shifts it seems.

Evolve
07-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:I understand that you've been going through some difficult family issues. So have I, as I've told you last week. However, if you honestly asked your god to share evidence of his existence with me and he didn't show me any at 8 p.m., I may be forced to conclude that you are truly guilty of what non-believers accuse Christian of, that you've been lying straight to my face in order to further your agenda.
Absolutely correct, except you may go back and read my post(s), all of which, including the 8 PM one in question, insist on your openness. Screaming at me for the 11th time that you are specially bereft of my proof when we made an 8 PM appointment with God--which appointment you failed to remember days later--demonstrates your shallowness in this matter. Do you disagree?
07-03-2013, 01:28 PM
(07-03-2013 01:10 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Absolutely correct, except you may go back and read my post(s), all of which, including the 8 PM one in question, insist on your openness. Screaming at me for the 11th time that you are specially bereft of my proof when we made an 8 PM appointment with God--which appointment you failed to remember days later--demonstrates your shallowness in this matter. Do you disagree?
Of course I disagree. You made the claim that I have received visual and auditory evidence for the existence of your god, something that never happened in my entire life. In response to that, I asked you to refer me to the post in which you have provided me with such evidence. You then asserted that I was shown this evidence not in one of your posts, but at the time of the appointment and continued by saying that I don't know about it because I wasn't open to it. Since I was never shown said evidence, I couldn't have possibly known that you were referring to the appointment with god when you asserted that I have previously been shown evidence for his existence. The assertion that I have failed to remember said event is therefore without merit.

07-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Whoa. Wait a second.

Let me see if I'm reading this correctly:

1) PJ said that Vosur would receive evidence from God of His existence not only on a specific date but also at a specific time.
2) Vosur did not receive the evidence.
3) PJ said Vosur did receive the evidence and is lying.
4) Vosur reiterated that he did not receive the evidence.

This the gist?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
07-03-2013, 01:36 PM
(07-03-2013 01:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Whoa. Wait a second.

Let me see if I'm reading this correctly:

1) PJ said that Vosur would receive evidence from God of His existence not only on a specific date but also at a specific time.
2) Vosur did not receive the evidence.
3) PJ said Vosur did receive the evidence and is lying.
4) Vosur reiterated that he did not receive the evidence.

This the gist?
Yes, that sounds about right.

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post